Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hoover1979

UltraHD Texture Pack - 3rd Tech Demo released!

I am proud to announce the release of the third demo for my UltraHD Texture Pack for Doom.

his release isn't as big as the second demo due to dealing with chronic pain from Fibromyalgia and some serious health hurdles including almost succumbing to blood poisoning in march 2020 from a kidney infection that went septic, so there are a handful of new textures and some older textures have been redone, but the biggest part of this release is the fact I got most of it working through a folder system, except for the overrides for Final doom, they are in PK3 format.  This means there is a massive boost in performance as most textures are there to use instead of GZDoom finding them in compressed PK3 files.  This kills 99% of the stuttering.  I hope you enjoy this update and I hope to get better control of my pain to bring you a much larger 4th Demo.  Thanks for all your praise and support people, without you, I wouldn't have been able to push myself so far.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/hoover1979-ultrahd-doom-texture-pack

Edited by hoover1979

Currently, You have to use v4.3.3 of GZDoom for this pack to work.  Later versions of GZDoom no longer support a file/folder structure for textures.  I now have an issue regarding PK3's.  If my textures PK3's got over 2Gb no textures were showing. I sincerely hope GZDoom gets an update that reinstates the use of a file/folder structure for external textures.