Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eric the Sandvich

What moments in movies made you feel cathartic?

28 Days Later's on my Best-Movies-Of-All-Time list, even if the visuals and audio aren't that keen.

Spoiler

The moment that really encapsulates the movie's themes is the sequence where Jim invades the Complex, with a new hunting mindset. Jim has been tossed and pushed around by the environment, cautious people, and eventually betrayed by the ones who he thought would give him and his loved ones salvation, and now he's taking it out on them in order to save his loved ones.

Combined with that build-up music, it's a sequence that just makes you silent the whole way through as Jim just tears through with all his might in the nightmare world.

Bruce Willis's character punching that freaking shitscum until nothing was left in Sin City.

Posted (edited)

The home invasion scene in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and the home shootout scene in Django Unchained. Seeing bad people be violently destroyed in badass and hilarious ways is incredibly entertaining. The former gets points for being hilarious, the latter gets points for being so fucking bloody.

In Home Alone 2 when the wet bandit survives a brick being thrown at home

3 hours ago, Gokuma said:

Bruce Willis's character punching that freaking shitscum until nothing was left in Sin City.

I was gonna say the part just before that. Everyone in the movie theater cheered out loud at that.

8 hours ago, Gokuma said:

This would also be one of my favorite moments. Or him blowing up the building in the first Die Hard movie, or the airplane in DH2.

I'd also add more demented stuff though, the whole scene with Jack destroying the door with the axe to get to his wife in The Shining was oddly liberating to me. Bale's character beating the shit out of the guy in the "Hip to the Square" scene of American Psycho was also cool. Punisher destroying Agent Orange in the first season of Netflix' show was brutally satisfying as well - or when he goes to jail and kills all inmates in his cell block, or mutilates Billy Russo. Or the alley scene with Robin in the first season of Titans. The Teahouse shootout in Hard Boiled was also amazing. Or Callahan destroying the assholes at the caffee in Sudden Impact and intimidating the last remaining cunt.

Yeah, there's quite a few moments I loved tbh, and a lot more I'd say but can't think of more right now.