Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BassSlapper89

Corridor 666 (Work in Progress)

I know the basics of Polyobjects, but I am have trouble with getting this vehicle to move. I watched tutorials, I went step by step correctly but it's not working. Thank you in advance for any advice.

9sn7A7i.jpg

i have no clue if it's changed at all, but from what i know, polyobjects have to be midtextures of some sort, they can't be solid objects, like your vehicle

With the Operation Body Count remade in DooM some time ago, this will be 2 (IIRC) Capstone games remade into a (certainly) better mod. Will all of them eventually be done? Witchhaven? Tekwar?

18 minutes ago, sergeirocks100 said:

i have no clue if it's changed at all, but from what i know, polyobjects have to be midtextures of some sort, they can't be solid objects, like your vehicle

Aw, that's a bummer... I really was hoping that could work. Thank you for your feedback.

2 minutes ago, Pechudin said:

With the Operation Body Count remade in DooM some time ago, this will be 2 (IIRC) Capstone games remade into a (certainly) better mod. Will all of them eventually be done? Witchhaven? Tekwar?

I agree about the mod, Operation Body Count.

I'm sure within time. I believe someone made a mod called Terrorists which the enemy sprites were borrowed from Tekwar.

on the other hand, you could try to construct some sort of vehicle out of 3d middle textures, it would look pretty ugly, but it would do the job

2 minutes ago, sergeirocks100 said:

on the other hand, you could try to construct some sort of vehicle out of 3d middle textures, it would look pretty ugly, but it would do the job

I'll give that a shot, thank you buddy.

1 hour ago, Bass Slapper '89 said:

Thank you buddy.

You're welcome!! I'm looking forward to play this! 

1 hour ago, Tormentor667 said:

I really like that so far, I hope you plan to add fitting graphics and a hud as well.

Oh yes, that's my plan buddy. ;)

2 hours ago, cambreaKer said:

this looks very cool! reminds me of the operation body count remake.

Thanks buddy. I'm gonna do my absolute best. ;)

This is by far my favorite room I worked on. It was a pain but I was able to add liquid over solid 3D Flooring. This room is a wip.

I'll get back to this after the Memorial Day weekend. Y'all be safe and have a great weekend.

aYlnTU4.png

ajIduSB.png

yFQy7EB.png

I was trying to add a polyobject feature but it was a no go to the vehicle... but I will add a spark effect as if it was stalled.

Careful, damaging track.

tZ2VVJC.png

Same as

29 minutes ago, Bass Slapper '89 said:

Oh yes, that's my plan buddy. ;)

Very good, try avoiding original Doom assets :) just as in JJ

Due to some cosmic joke, I spent a lot of time playing Witchaven 1 & 2 as a kid, and I actually beat Corridor 7 without cheating.

I'm very much looking forward to this. I think there's some fun to be had with these assets. As a kid I played these games because I liked the weapons and the monsters and the atmosphere. I cheated most of the time. I didn't start to really appreciate Doom until I was much older.

For my part, I'd be happy with simpler maps as long as they have good gameplay. The zdoominess does look great, though.

On 5/23/2020 at 7:29 AM, Tormentor667 said:

Same as

Very good, try avoiding original Doom assets :) just as in JJ

Definitely will. ;)

On 5/23/2020 at 8:37 PM, Macblain said:

Due to some cosmic joke, I spent a lot of time playing Witchaven 1 & 2 as a kid, and I actually beat Corridor 7 without cheating.

I'm very much looking forward to this. I think there's some fun to be had with these assets. As a kid I played these games because I liked the weapons and the monsters and the atmosphere. I cheated most of the time. I didn't start to really appreciate Doom until I was much older.

For my part, I'd be happy with simpler maps as long as they have good gameplay. The zdoominess does look great, though.

I never had a chance to play Witchhaven in my youth. I'll look into it soon.

Besides Doom, Jazz Jackrabbit and other DOS games, Corridor 7 (Shareware lol) was fun to play from what I remember. I believe a couple years back, www.myabandonware.com had the opportunity to download full versions of any game that was made in the 90's for free. I immediately downloaded familiar DOS games, including Corridor 7... I'll have to admit, Corridor 7 was fun, but not a huge fan of the mazes.

This TC is definitely gonna be looked upon when it comes to detail. Mazes won't be featured and no harmful, invisible laser barriers. ;)

On 5/23/2020 at 8:09 PM, Obsidian Plague said:

Holy shit. I didn't think anyone would actually do this outside of JDoom

For some reason, my mind was tell me to do so.