Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Redead-ITA

(FINAL Update) Punishment, an episode 1 replacement for Ult. Doom

Just now, Average said:

The download doesn't seem to work, though. :(

Try now? i've just updated the map to fix a bug.

Double post to inform you i update the wad again because of the bug reported in some maps, based on feedback.

Edited by Redead-ITA

Blind gameplay, didn't took long enough except the deaths on the secret map. Enjoy.

I think the Descent music suits it pretty well, and you should just use the Descent soundtrack for the whole thing.

I just finished playing through it @Redead-ITA and this may be my own bias talking as this is the first real community WAD I've really played, but I had a blast with it. Your level design is compact, but really interesting and quite dynamic at times. There's a certain beauty in their simplicity I really dig. Enemy placement and traps were really fun and kept me on my toes and I loved how you managed to keep surprising me with cacodemon ambushes throughout.

Really lovely work, fam. :^)

1 hour ago, Impie said:

I think the Descent music suits it pretty well, and you should just use the Descent soundtrack for the whole thing.

I decided to go with your recommendation, but i decided to change it a little for the intermission (which in this case uses descent 2), i will release the update once i wait for leodoom to tell me where he meant by texture missalignments on M6

1 minute ago, Biodegradable said:

I just finished playing through it @Redead-ITA and this may be my own bias talking as this is the first real community WAD I've really played, but I had a blast with it. Your level design is compact, but really interesting and quite dynamic at times. There's a certain beauty in their simplicity I really dig. Enemy placement and traps were really fun and kept me on my toes and I loved how you managed to keep surprising me with cacodemon ambushes throughout.

Really love work, fam. :^)

Glad to hear you love it, i am considering doing a sequel to it in the upcoming future (using doom 2), However it is probably be a long time before i will do it.

Alright double post to announce a new update to punishment:

-Now all maps have custom music tracks from Descent.

-Fixed bugs from the triggers to the alignments from What leoDoom has pointed out in the recording.

Op has the link

Hey I really like the maps! I just went through E1M1 to E1M3 and its pretty fun. Good layout design i like it with the texture use and non linear pathways.

Edit: I now got to E1M8 and WOW its a really creative and cool wad. I like what you did
 - Great Sky  It just feels like miles and miles of empty space around the base if you look outwards not upwards
 - clever mechanisms and map design
 - awesome lighting
 - clever use of switches 

Edited by LateToDOOM2020

Small Notice that i have updated the file again, this one however is a small bug fix update, if i do not find any issue with it i might post in in the IDarchives.

Hmm, perhaps the lock-in to the red key in E1M9 could be a 9-second one instead of 30? Also, one of the shotgunners that spawn in the blue key room is on one of those sewage drains unlike the rest which are in the nukage itself, only in Z-ports. Other than those, I have no issue with this c:

On 9/28/2020 at 7:32 AM, Xyzzy01 said:

Hmm, perhaps the lock-in to the red key in E1M9 could be a 9-second one instead of 30? Also, one of the shotgunners that spawn in the blue key room is on one of those sewage drains unlike the rest which are in the nukage itself, only in Z-ports. Other than those, I have no issue with this c:

Done these 2 and also fixed issues that MR.S retro pointed out in his video, you can check it out here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zKFFIZ3BxA

To sum up:

E1M9

Made redkey lock in stay 9sec and made the shotgunner teleport be closer to the nukage.

E1M6

Made a bar that was supposed to be impassable, well impassable.

All maps:

Added exit signs to where the exit is.

UPDATE(And potentialy the last one): Punishment Discontinued Episode 2 has been added, Along with Widescreen assets for Episode 1 and hud and whatnot, It's minor stuff but i wanted to add it to it. Reason for Episode 2 being made was originally to make it a rich addition before i wanted to add it to IDGames, however seeing I never finished it and lost motivation to end it, However seeign i didn't want it to basically rott in my hard drive i finished all of the maps that i could (which are 2) and also decided to improve some stuff from my previous E1 Maps along with it, (Changes Mostly range from Improved Visibility and the likes.), I added the story stuff from Episode 2 in the first post along how i planned it to end it, Credits have also been updated.