Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kinsie

Something the Wolfendoom nuts may find interesting...

On a Japanese-based, English-language MacDoom site
11/10/2002

This November is becoming a memorable one for the Mac Wolfenstein community. As most of you may know by now, Laz Rojas has decided to come back to the scene! He has already uploaded a demo version of his "Die, Himmler, Die" scenario, alongside some marvelous graphic shots. They look the most promising!

Will he return to Doom 2? Who knows. I just thought that since Wolfendoom is becoming popular again, I'd post this.

Source

Oooh, Oooh!

Posted by Laz Rojas on the Wolfenmania MacWolf Yahoo Group
Regarding WolfenDOOM, it is highly unlikely I'll return to work on
Operation: Rheingold, but I won't rule it out completely. During the
summer of 2000, I started working on a deluxe version of Operation:
Arctic Wolf with additional levels, additional enemies, more special
effects, and other improvements. By October 2000, this special
edition of Arctic Wolf was 75% complete. But then it got completely
derailed by two things:

1) In August 2000, I finally broke down and bought a PC so I could
play games that weren't available for the Mac
2) In October 2000, I got the PC version of Raven's Star Trek
Voyager: Elite Force

Once I got into Elite Force, the new version of Arctic Wolf got put
on hold, and the only game-related work I've done over the past two
years is make skins and bots for Elite Force. But I recently resumed
work on the new Arctic Wolf, and it'll be released by the end of the
year.

All together now: KICKASS!

A source-port enhanced O:AW would kick every ass on this site, no question. Gimmegimmegimme!!!

Now if this doesn't get the Doomworld newsies shivering in fear of the prospect of actual work to be done...

(No offense to the newsies, you do a good job)

I wonder if he'll be in touch with Joel Murdoch any -- if so, maybe Joel could recommend Eternity to him as an engine for a new WolfenDOOM mod ehehe ;)

OMG work on wolfendoom stuff again. YAY :) :) :)

Those TC`s kicked EXTREME ASS back when they used to release a new tc every few months. It`d be great if he would finish off operation rhinegold. That one was getting really good till he stopped work on it.

Personally I downloaded and played through all of the wolfendoom tcs back when they were released. How about the rest of you? I especially loved the Astrostein trilogy. But overall Arctic Wolf definately was the best of the lot.

Out of all the doom2 tcs I`ve ever played (and MAN THERES ALOT OF THEM) the Wolfendoom tcs are my favorites of the lot.

They don`t run too bad in jdoom either :)

Quasar said:

I wonder if he'll be in touch with Joel Murdoch any -- if so, maybe Joel could recommend Eternity to him as an engine for a new WolfenDOOM mod ehehe ;)

I don't know if I'd have time to work with Laz anymore. I would pimp Eternity too James, but all the work he's done on the new Arctic Wolf revision is for ZDoom :(

If he does pick up Rheingold again, then given it's complexity Eternity would be a superior choice for that by a long shot. I'll be sure to mention it if it ever becomes an issue.

And icemann, speaking as the beta tester for a lot of Laz's later work I'd agree. Astrostein is cool (part three especially - I think that was the first thing I did for him) and Artic Wolf is probably the best overall, but I think Rheingold Part 1 was the most impressive from a tech perspective. When he sent it to me, I didn't find a single problem wrong apart from a mis-set thing flag. Everything else was pretty much perfect.

Well you can really see the difference as each new wolfendoom was released. Each became better and better detailed. And by the time it had gotten to the Astrostein trilogy the levels were pretty much top quality in my opinion.

Good to see people are completely ignoring the fact I was browsing MacDoom sites when I don't even have a Mac...

Trasher][ said:
Good to see people are completely ignoring the fact I was browsing MacDoom sites when I don't even have a Mac...

There there, we all have our bad days :P

Truth was, I was browsing for Wolf stuff and I came across Cubish's site, which is Macdoom based. I was intrigued, and browsed it, liked it, saw the "Rojas" news, checked out his Yahoo group for more info, and posted here.

The thing(s) I do for you guys... *insert cheesy grin smiley here*