Find results in...
Zolgia108

Happy (Now on Idgames!)

Tested on GZdoom latest version

Iwad: Doom2

UV, HMP and lower. UV recommended.

Jumping and crouching are disabled.

Freelook? What is that? Is that doom?
Freelook will make the game easier to cheese, i won't block it cause i know that a lot of people love it, i just want to say that the maps are not meant to be played with it.

Pistol Start recommended.

don't enjoy!

Edited by Zolgia108

map 10, 11 and 12 were added

12 is still to be tested

i need you guys, which are not answering at all (i am sad) to test these maps and tell me how do they play and what to improve! Thanks...

Edited by Zolgia108

Added map 13, 14 and 15 (2 of which were already done before)

Added some screens

fixed some bugs

Map 14 is still to be tested correctly

After Snail wakes up he realizes he is still alive, stuck in the Abyss. He tries to escape through the crypt of insomnia, located in the main temple of the city of Solitude (no, not the Skyrim one). when he finally reaches the portal he falls into a deep slumber, reminiscing all that he went through before killing himself (or at least killing one of his personalities), finally facing one of his deepest fears in the main chamber of the One Temple. When he wakes up he finds himself in Limbo, covered in green skies of hope.

This really needs difficulties. It's far too hard for me. I also get a lot of errors when playing on gzdoom 4.3.3.

this looks really cool! I really like all the black/white textures you're using

3 hours ago, Bryan T said:

This really needs difficulties. It's far too hard for me. I also get a lot of errors when playing on gzdoom 4.3.3.

Ok i ll start working on it!

Is there any particular map that was far too hard? Is it a problem of resources or mostly of enemies?

The errors should be yellow ones, i will fix them as soon as possibile but they shouldnt give any actual problem

It's no rush. I'm taking a week off from Doom. I did try this wad a few times over the past weeks and I was never able to get very far. This is obviously tuned to be challenging and I think a lot of people will try it, die, then move on so difficulty options would open up your potential playerbase.

21 minutes ago, Bryan T said:

It's no rush. I'm taking a week off from Doom. I did try this wad a few times over the past weeks and I was never able to get very far. This is obviously tuned to be challenging and I think a lot of people will try it, die, then move on so difficulty options would open up your potential playerbase.

Thank you for your advice m8, as usual, i will surely fix that up :) Have a nice break!

Changelog 14/06

been working hard today

1) added difficulties for hmp in every map just as Bryan suggested

2) fixed all the yellow minor errors when running on gz (should be fine now)

3) added secret exit (to nowhere for now) in map 15

4) added episodes and changed font.

5) map 14 was tested and is way toooo easy... :(

hahahahahahah but you were already dead! you woke up from your grave after all :)

Hey i hope you dowloaded it now cause last link had somehow (don't ask me why) deleted map 03 entirely, i placed a new one more or less 6 hours ago, so in case download it again if possible :)

1 minute ago, Icekow said:

Not my cup of tea since it's so hard, more difficulties would be nice

yea that too, 6 hours ago i put hmp difficulty in all maps, i hope it works correctly (to check that just see if there is a ssg on map 2). but i will surely add more difficulties too, i am sorry for that i played too much sunlust and scythe 2 these days

On 6/14/2020 at 11:15 PM, Icekow said:

i'll come back when it's a lil more easy, map fits the songs well, i must say

i appreciate your opinion and feeback, first i must go on with the megawad itself since im still halfway, then i will think about making it easier cause the whole project was conceived as a hard one, hopefully not unfair, just hard. I 'll try my best at changing difficulties without completely remove that concept. I put much thought on the many traps and situations that are hard at first sight and i can assure you that everything can be solved :) (but of course i'd like you players to test the maps and share your opinions in this).

Edited by Zolgia108

I looked at this thread for several days, observing things and thinking what to say, I guess here it is:

1. It's easier to adjust difficulty and  gameplay when map is still in baby stages. Because not only uv and hmp exists, but hntr and itytd. Always create levels with skills in mind, of course you can ignore them, but if you want reach wider audience, you need add them.

2. Somewhat I feel that most of people complaints go from chaotic gameplay. At least it felt this way for me when I played for a bit. It's not bad by itself, but if here's way too much of it, it can leave one tired or just cheese it with exploits. If you study your favorite maps more, you would notice that not all placement is random as it seems. Yes, there are some chaotic encounters when you play those maps, but most of it placed with monster strength and weakness in mind. Some types are more fitting for incidental combat, some work as turrets and distraction while cyberdemon comes in your way to help clean that mess. 

I guess it would be it, keep it up and you'll get somewhere ;)

On 6/15/2020 at 4:29 AM, Misty said:

I looked at this thread for several days, observing things and thinking what to say, I guess here it is:

1. It's easier to adjust difficulty and  gameplay when map is still in baby stages. Because not only uv and hmp exists, but hntr and itytd. Always create levels with skills in mind, of course you can ignore them, but if you want reach wider audience, you need add them.

2. Somewhat I feel that most of people complaints go from chaotic gameplay. At least it felt this way for me when I played for a bit. It's not bad by itself, but if here's way too much of it, it can leave one tired or just cheese it with exploits. If you study your favorite maps more, you would notice that not all placement is random as it seems. Yes, there are some chaotic encounters when you play those maps, but most of it placed with monster strength and weakness in mind. Some types are more fitting for incidental combat, some work as turrets and distraction while cyberdemon comes in your way to help clean that mess. 

I guess it would be it, keep it up and you'll get somewhere ;)

thanks m8

maybe i started my wad a way too rough (map 4 onwards i think), but i am not placing monsters randomly, or at least i'm trying not to. Sometimes it happens that it feels that way, that's why i am still developing my skills and i am still learning, but i am trying my best. ok so for now i ll stop making new maps and adjust every difficulty, then i will go on i guess. I would like to have more specific examples (in my maps that you played) of what you mean by random placement so that i can improve those situations, thanks a lot again!

Edited by Zolgia108

Seems interesting, I can may help with that /:

From the Screenshots it looks like a slaughter map, Some maps look amazing, This would be something good to try. 

3 minutes ago, HitBoi64 said:

Seems interesting, I can may help with that /:

From the Screenshots it looks like a slaughter map, Some maps look amazing, This would be something good to try. 

Hi m8!

So until now there are 2 maps that have a slaughter ending, but the mapset itself is not, map 06 ends with a huge arena and some swarms, same with map 12. I'd love to have your feedback, to understand if it's that hard for everyone :) let me know if yo u try it! thanks

Hey. So far i played mission 1-4

So far it's pretty challenging which is good, maps have their own art style and interesting enemy placement. I didn't like first map, beginning was very strange and annoying. Maybe more health would help. Other than first mission is only cool stuff. For the most part it requires some patience to bit it with some much shit going on.
In general I die many times but third mission i bit on a single segment first try :D Damn is a shame i don't record it

I give more feedback when i finish the rest. 
Midi death and black metal music is pretty cool too. In the third mission I recognized Dissection, em i correct? :D

On 6/17/2020 at 3:04 PM, Pełzająca Część Twarzy said:

Hey. So far i played mission 1-4

So far it's pretty challenging which is good, maps have their own art style and interesting enemy placement. I didn't like first map, beginning was very strange and annoying. Maybe more health would help. Other than first mission is only cool stuff. For the most part it requires some patience to bit it with some much shit going on.
In general I die many times but third mission i bit on a single segment first try :D Damn is a shame i don't record it

I give more feedback when i finish the rest. 
Midi death and black metal music is pretty cool too. In the third mission I recognized Dissection, em i correct? :D

Thank you man for trying it! i appreciate that!

I am sorry about map 1 opening, i wanted to give the runaway sensation right at the start :P

Yes you recall correctly map 03 uses "the Somberlaine" by Dissection, good call, also it was the first map i made for this set so maybe i was a little too nice wth it :), it was thought as a starter and then i've changed my mind. Keep me updated if you go on with the wad! Thanks again :)

Edited by Zolgia108

let me check something real quick, in the meantime: did you press the switch? middle one? it should lower the bars behind

basically it can happen that the bars rise up again, but the switch is repeatable, really weird

This is the switch to lower bars behind youswitch.png.003e626276017e9e9c8b0656b97dbb71.png

oh now i understand, yea there is something debatable there, take the ssg and you will be able to go on... i will change that asap. You need to grab the super shotgun

PS: i thought you were pistol starting, that's why i got confused

1 hour ago, Zolgia108 said:

oh now i understand, yea there is something debatable there, take the ssg and you will be able to go on... i will change that asap. You need to grab the super shotgun

PS: i thought you were pistol starting, that's why i got confused

I'm stack in this room and i cant switch anything. I dont press that switch becouse this room did not open. Like on my screenshot you see, there's no ambush.

1 minute ago, Pełzająca Część Twarzy said:

I'm stack in this room and i cant switch anything. I dont press that switch becouse this room did not open. Like on my screenshot you see, there's no ambush.

take the super shotgun, if you take it the ambush will start. I already changed it with a line but for now take it, it should open a door in front of you.

I played your E2M1 map, here is the video:

Spoiler

I like the difficulty of this map (though I died too much at the red cybedemon room). That archie on 4:15 was creepy)

29 minutes ago, el_inf said:

I played your E2M1 map, here is the video:

Hide contents

I like the difficulty of this map (though I died too much at the red cybedemon room). That archie on 4:15 was creepy)

m8 thanks a lot for playing it! i enjoyed watching the video! I will tell you once yours is ready:)

The purpose of that room was to make you think that the cyberdemon is the threat while in reality there's always something worse hahahahah :)

Ah The archie (s) on that room have a meaning:

In this map the protagonist starts a long slumber (episode 2), and in that precise part he basically has an instaflashback (that room was part of my previous megawad, Djinn), you will see that room again other times in the next maps of the episode, and it will be creepier in map 13 no worries!