Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zolgia108

Happy (Now on Idgames!)

2 hours ago, Clippy said:

STILL PROCESSING

maaan no secrets is painful! Ill watch this once i ll be back home in a couple of hours, then i will make a video to reveal them! :P Thanks for playing

The secrets for you! @Clippy

Edited by Zolgia108

file was rejected dammit

because

Sun Oct  4 18:41:29 EDT 2020 Rejected Happy.ZIP because: Contains unmodified id Software resource(s)
Sun Oct  4 18:41:30 EDT 2020 Rejected Happy.txt because: Contains unmodified id Software resource(s)

anyone who knows what to do?

DamN Zolgia. 

That sucks buddy. I've never been able to successfully submit a file either it's more complicated than trying to file your taxes

I would suggest starting a new thread somewhere to ask for help some more people can see it

59 minutes ago, Zolgia108 said:

file was rejected dammit

because

Sun Oct  4 18:41:29 EDT 2020 Rejected Happy.ZIP because: Contains unmodified id Software resource(s)
Sun Oct  4 18:41:30 EDT 2020 Rejected Happy.txt because: Contains unmodified id Software resource(s)

anyone who knows what to do?

I think you included graphics or sounds from doom2.wad to your wad, which is illegal. That's why your wad was rejected

1 minute ago, Dranyan said:

I think you included graphics or sounds from doom2.wad to your wad, which is illegal. That's why your wad was rejected

yes i am trying to solve this on another topic, but i didn't include anything like that, i did the maintanance thing via slade and there is nothing from doom2, i think. I am trying to understand. The modified sprites have the same names but i don't know if that's a aproblem honestly, i think that ancient aliens and valiant did the same

3 minutes ago, Zolgia108 said:

yes i am trying to solve this on another topic, but i didn't include anything like that, i did the maintanance thing via slade and there is nothing from doom2, i think. I am trying to understand. The modified sprites have the same names but i don't know if that's a aproblem honestly, i think that ancient aliens and valiant did the same

Alright then, that sucks buddy :( It would've been better if they could be more specific about the reason, it's just dumb...

2 minutes ago, Dranyan said:

Alright then, that sucks buddy :( It would've been better if they could be more specific about the reason, it's just dumb...

i ll write this here as well, maybe you know if these are considered "id games resources"

1) the various M_newg M_skill etc that i modified slightly (just changing the color)

2) the monsters sprites which i left with the same name (but it was done in valiant and ancient aliens as well for example)

3) the flat that is used beside the hud, i changed the texture but left the same name (which i don't remember right now).

EDIT: yea i would like them to be more specific as well, cause now i need to spend hours to fix and then maybe it will be rejected again

7 minutes ago, Zolgia108 said:

1) the various M_newg M_skill etc that i modified slightly (just changing the color)

2) the monsters sprites which i left with the same name (but it was done in valiant and ancient aliens as well for example)

3) the flat that is used beside the hud, i changed the texture but left the same name (which i don't remember right now).

Idk with the point 1). But, i'm 90% sure the point 2) was not the problem, i mean-- from what i understand, the custom monster sprites need to be named with the same name as the original ones so they could work.

And tbh i don't understand the point 3).

I think i'll just ask about this problem in DragonFly's server, many members there usually understand regarding this technical stuff. I'll let you know if they know the problem.

4 minutes ago, Dranyan said:

Idk with the point 1). But, i'm 90% sure the point 2) was not the problem, i mean-- from what i understand, the custom monster sprites need to be named with the same name as the original ones so they could work.

And tbh i don't understand the point 3).

I think i'll just ask about this problem in DragonFly's server, many members there usually understand regarding this technical stuff. I'll let you know if they know the problem.

hud1.png.8cc21f33e3cfdda9546e5eb25640bc98.png

785721093_Nuovaimmaginebitmap(3).png.4d7d35f2b7b8135244d9e1f7f2eabab7.png

the flat is called grnrock, it needs to be named that way, but i changed the flat used. This is point 3

Actually, the problem could be the point 2). I asked about this problem in the server and this is what i've been told :

"If you're including in monster sprites they need to be heavily modified, as they're considered the copyrighted original assets and cannot be distributed without reason.

AA / Valiant include them because the palette is so heavily changed that the monsters needed to be edited to support the palette. Dubiously allowed, as if you dump them in with the standard palette you'll get a garbled mess of colour."

11 minutes ago, Dranyan said:

Actually, the problem could be the point 2). I asked about this problem in the server and this is what i've been told :

"If you're including in monster sprites they need to be heavily modified, as they're considered the copyrighted original assets and cannot be distributed without reason.

AA / Valiant include them because the palette is so heavily changed that the monsters needed to be edited to support the palette. Dubiously allowed, as if you dump them in with the standard palette you'll get a garbled mess of colour."

i also changed the palette, and the sprites are the ones you saw, i didn't include the normal ones as well. I think the problem was found (in a texture actually), i will try again with it removed and see what happens, i hope it's not the sprites :(

On 6/18/2020 at 11:58 PM, Zolgia108 said:

m8 thanks a lot for playing it! i enjoyed watching the video! I will tell you once yours is ready:)

The purpose of that room was to make you think that the cyberdemon is the threat while in reality there's always something worse hahahahah :)

Ah The archie (s) on that room have a meaning:

In this map the protagonist starts a long slumber (episode 2), and in that precise part he basically has an instaflashback (that room was part of my previous megawad, Djinn), you will see that room again other times in the next maps of the episode, and it will be creepier in map 13 no worries!

On 6/18/2020 at 11:58 PM, Zolgia108 said:

m8 thanks a lot for playing it! i enjoyed watching the video! I will tell you once yours is ready:)

The purpose of that room was to make you think that the cyberdemon is the threat while in reality there's always something worse hahahahah :)

Ah The archie (s) on that room have a meaning:

In this map the protagonist starts a long slumber (episode 2), and in that precise part he basically has an instaflashback (that room was part of my previous megawad, Djinn), you will see that room again other times in the next maps of the episode, and it will be creepier in map 13 no worries!

3 minutes ago, Red Recluse said:

hey! good times m8! what video was it? i don't remember! can you link me the wad? thanks!

1 minute ago, Red Recluse said:

thanks a lot man, i loved watching your crazy videos :)

i hope everything will go fine with the release. Please let me know which was the map you created,  i really can't remember! have a nice day!

It seems that Idgames wanted to give me a surprise gift for my birthday, so today Happy was officially released

this is the link

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/happy

thanks again to those who playtested and walked with me in this path and thanks to those who will try this out in the future. Now i can finally rest in peace!

Just joking, now i can finally start working on something else!

Edited by Zolgia108

I really liked your work from what I saw in Clippys videos. Still a ton of things to play in my WADlist, but I will play it sooner or later.

Congrats on the release!

4 hours ago, Lucky_Edie said:

Congratulations and Happy Birthday mate.

thanks a lot for everything :)

1 hour ago, Soulless said:

I really liked your work from what I saw in Clippys videos. Still a ton of things to play in my WADlist, but I will play it sooner or later.

Congrats on the release!

Can't wait for a feedback by another mapper, and i like your style as well! have a nice day :)

1 hour ago, Biodegradable said:

Congratulations on your release, Zol, and happy birthday!

Double thanks Bio!

58 minutes ago, <

Oh no! The best new megawad is out already. Now I have no excuse to not play Doom...

I hope you won't be disappointed! And yes now you need to play this and possibly send me private insults! Thanks a lot mate :)

Edited by Zolgia108

Very glad to hear I still don't know how to release a map on ID game 

Your maps were very unique and interesting and certainly challenging and I love the way they look visually

Good Times!

Just now, Clippy said:

Your maps were very unique and interesting and certainly challenging and I love the way they look visually

Good Times!

Omg and happy birthday of course!!!

1 hour ago, P41R47 said:

Congratulations on the release, pal!

And have a very Happy birthday!

:D

thanks a lot! 31 years, 25 with a dead rabbit in my nightmares!

53 minutes ago, Clippy said:

Good Times!

Your maps deserve to be on id games man, and you are basically one of the most creative mappers in the community, no doubt about that^^ (for better or worse, i don't give a shit, still one of the most creative). Thanks a lot buddy

Edited by Zolgia108

I'll have to play through this in the final order at some point, since things were shuffled around.

It makes me happy to see a guy who made "Close to Dog" also create this Cacoward-mentionated project. You've handled the balance of conventional and eerily distinct with expertise, which was, in my opinion, the main downfall of the wad that must not be named. In the words of Google Translate: Complimenti, molto ben fatto!