Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubbag

Should I remake/update this WAD I made 13 years ago?

WADs in this post are Zdoom compatible, Doom 2 single player maps

Last year I released this: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/s-u/theredux

It's a remake of a WAD named "The Reason" that I made when I was 13 years old back in 2005. The remake is map 01 and the original is map 02.

This project was a show case of my advancement as a WAD designer in the last 15 years.

Now I want to remake and re-release this: http://www.doomwadstation.net/2007/environmental/

"Environmental" is a WAD created by me in 2007. I think it's ok but could use a bit of modern touch up with my progressed skill since then. 

My question to you guys is, would you play a remade version of this? Does it sound like a worth-while thing to you? Do you even like the original?

I'll probably do it but I also want the community's input on what they would like to see changed, or things that they would like to stay the same.

So guys, what do you make of all of this?

Edited by Dubbagdarrel

I will give it a whirl for sure, and post my thoughts on whether it should be remade.

I'd say go 4 it. It's your stuff and you're free to remake them much as you need. People who like your stuff, will play it regardless if it was remake or original. 

Plucking out all the potential from the original and applying what you've learned since and creating something brand new out of it sounds like a good idea to me. I'd be happy to play it and give feedback.

i thought it was pretty good, i didn't like all the close quarter encounters with high level enemies, though, i would like to see a remake of this

Do whatever you like when it comes to mapping. Me personally, I like going back to old projects and revamping things to fit a more modern looking design.

On 5/26/2020 at 8:33 PM, sergeirocks100 said:

i thought it was pretty good, i didn't like all the close quarter encounters with high level enemies, though, i would like to see a remake of this

thank you. my 15 year old voice samples have to go though, lol. I will absolutely be opening up some spaces in the remake.