Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jark

The Modest Mapping Challenge 2

2 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Do you have in mind something in particular for secret maps?

Not at all Walter! TMMC 1's were quite abstract yet fun, so nothing is off the table!

6 minutes ago, DukeOfDoom said:

Aw yeah! I'm in!

I like the enthusiasm! Which slot do you wish to claim?

1 minute ago, Jark said:

I like the enthusiasm! Which slot do you wish to claim?

Probably MAP20.

Also a question: how many maps can be made per user?

13 minutes ago, DukeOfDoom said:

Probably MAP20.

Also a question: how many maps can be made per user?

Signed up!

At the start 1, however if we reach a point where it is unlikely that we will fill all 32 map slots then multiple maps per user will be available - this would be a month or few weeks at the very least from the deadline. 

Time sure flies fast! This new iteration of the MMC is more challenging for aiming towards vanilla compatibility.

Since the story involves a cabal of cyberdemons each fought on episode ending maps, mappers aren't allowed to use at least one cyber on regular maps in epsiode 2 and 3? Dumb question, but its to be sure.

I'd like to claim map 07.

2 minutes ago, Solmyr said:

Time sure flies fast! This new iteration of the MMC is more challenging for aiming towards vanilla compatibility.

Since the story involves a cabal of cyberdemons each fought on episode ending maps, mappers aren't allowed to use at least one cyber on regular maps in epsiode 2 and 3? Dumb question, but its to be sure.

I'd like to claim map 07.

Very good point! I'll add it to the rules actually, yes mappers aren't allowed to use cyberdemons outside of episode ending maps as the point is there are only six left so a few randomly cropping up wouldn't make much sense, Map 07 is yours!

2 minutes ago, Steve88 said:

Can I have map29 =) and is that a cyber demon map?

It would be my pleasure, no that would be map 30 for episode three

So if level 30has the cyberdemon I am guessing no LOS level? Of that's the case I would like level 30. :)

2 minutes ago, Steve88 said:

So if level 30has the cyberdemon I am guessing no LOS level? Of that's the case I would like level 30. :)

No IoS map indeed, the last map needs to contain 3 impassable cyberdemons which you must get the player(s) to kill all 3 of. I had the thought that the final map would take place in a great marble palace, but if that infringes too much on your creative liberty then feel free to deviate. Other the Cyberdemon rule is the main difference, Steve88 is now making the ultimatum! (No pressure)

3 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Oh dang it I had exactly the idea for final level which involves 3 cyberdemons, but MAP30 is already taken.

Apologies as the episode enders went pretty quick! Write the idea down somewhere though, might come in handy someday

Awesomeness, I am indeed a big fan of marble in hell settings, and I haven't done a boss level before so I ma excited =).  I will do my best using the basic doom 2 actions to force the player to kill the cybers.

50 minutes ago, BluePineapple72 said:

I’d like map 13 please!

Apologies for the late reply, you're in!

Just now, Jark said:

Apologies for the late reply, you're in!

No worries! While you’re here, I’d like to ask about the sector limit. Does this count sector details? Or is it simply counting how many rooms you can use?

If you can, could you provide an example map please? I think this will be a fun challenge, but I’d need some reference before I get started, that way I do the challenge justice. 

6 minutes ago, BluePineapple72 said:

No worries! While you’re here, I’d like to ask about the sector limit. Does this count sector details? Or is it simply counting how many rooms you can use?

If you can, could you provide an example map please? I think this will be a fun challenge, but I’d need some reference before I get started, that way I do the challenge justice. 

All sectors my friend! 

Example map at the bottom of the OP!

IMPORTANT: MAPPING HAS NOW BEGUN, RESOURCE IS AVAILABLE ON OP

After some conversation on the discord with participants, it became clear there was no point in waiting until the 1st if people wanted to map now so have at thee! Deadline remains the same but you can start now if you so wish!

40 sectors seems crazy. I need three to make a door

But I'll try anyway cause I'm bored

Map 8?

6 minutes ago, Clippy said:

40 sectors seems crazy. I need three to make a door

But I'll try anyway cause I'm bored

Map 8?

Tis' the beauty of it! You're in!

6 minutes ago, The_SloVinator said:

Why not. Count me in.

I'll take map 24.

Glad to have the company!

9 minutes ago, Jark said:

Tis' the beauty of it! You're in!

Glad to have the company!

What do you mean castle level

Castle textures

I want to do an all inside things

3 minutes ago, Clippy said:

What do you mean castle level

Castle textures

I want to do an all inside things

The first Episode to which you have chosen a map within, is based in one castle - so be all means an inside only level is fine! The example map01 is all inside! But yes it's a castly episode for castly maps! If you are still unsure message me!

Awesome sounding project! I'm interested to see the end result. Best of luck to everyone! I was wondering if I could please take the MAP22 slot?

Edited by TheV1perK1ller : Actually now the MAP12 slot.

Oh, I see that the mapping started instead of July 1st, good!

So, I'd like to make a map for MAP32, I'll come out with some ideas...

8 hours ago, TheV1perK1ller said:

Awesome sounding project! I'm interested to see the end result. Best of luck to everyone! I was wondering if I could please take the MAP22 slot?

You most certainly can!

8 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

As a major fan of the silliness that is map 23, I wish to claim the 23rd slot if at all possible my good sire.

It is yours for the mapping my liege!

5 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Oh, I see that the mapping started instead of July 1st, good!

So, I'd like to make a map for MAP32, I'll come out with some ideas...

Yes the mapping has commenced! I look forward to what you come up with :) 

-----------------------------------
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have already 19 slots taken! At quite an alarmingly rate too, if you've been thinking about mapping for episode 1 in particular or a secret map, now would be the time to enter before they're taken!