Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CeeJay

If not a Duke3D project then maybe...

Three choices, either one, i don't care: Duke Nukem 3D conversion, Wolfenstein 3D conversion or Starwars conversion. Anybody intrested, reply and then email me at c_eejay@hotmail.com. Please!

Wolf has been done for Doom
Starwars has been done for Doom

My choice is obviously Duke 3d conversion. GO FOR IT!

BigBadGangsta said:

Wolf has been done for Doom
Starwars has been done for Doom

My choice is obviously Duke 3d conversion. GO FOR IT!

Me Says same.

Yup, You'll have to go a long way to add to, or better what has already been done with the likes of the WolfenDoom series, and Rex's Darkest Hour (Star Wars), but Duke has been left out in the cold as far as Doom TC's are concerned.

If you use Zdoom, you'll be able to get the slopes and you will also be able to use the Duke large sprites using Zdoom's ability to scale sprites and not have to actually make them smaller and thereby loose quality. Zdoom also has the ability to teleport the player to another area once the player's eyes go below the water level. - A similar effect to Duke, but implemented in a different (more reliable) way. There's no sector over sector in Zdoom though.

Personally, not to be an ass or anything, but
if you're planning on making a TC, it should feature
a lot of new stuff, and if you're going to make a Duke3D
TC, people might say, "Why don't I just play DN3d instead
of port it to doom?"

So what you'll need to do to keep the DooM Community's
interest is make stuff like new or enhanced weapons, all
of the cool features found in DN3d(except for possibly the
moving trains), and there are ports that can do all that, and
have sprite scaling and casing effects etc., EDGE and Vavoom
of the top of my head. So:

-New weapons
-New story stuff added
-New levels(not just remakes)
-New baddies(along with the old ones, or just some of the old favourites)
-Cool Features

Just remember, this is my opinion, so take it or leave it. A TC is better off usually left to the mind of the developer(s), so like I said take it or leave it.

Enjay said:

If you use Zdoom, you'll be able to get the slopes...

The only trouble is that you can only slope in one direction at a time (ie. only one Plane_Align special per sector), unlike Duke, which can slope in 2 directions at once.

Ultimate DooMer said:

The only trouble is that you can only slope in one direction at a time...

When only using the lindefs to make a slope, true, but Randy added slope things a while ago, and they can be used to make a slope in 2 directions.

I have only had a brief play around with them myself, but Randy did a simple demo wad which demonstrates them quite nicely.

http://zdoom.notgod.com/ftp/examples/slopes2.zip

The reason i want to make a Duke Nukem total conversion is for several reasons... Duke3D was a great game with a great and funny hero and had great weapons and enemies but the engine itself was buggy and unstabil and therfor the game was an a** to edit. However ZDoom is very stabil and nonbuggy, so why not. Also like few of you have pointed out, it has never been tried before (just smaller patches). As far as it goes with the engine ZDoom, it will be modified (hopefuly) to have effects similar to the Dukes engine.
Not many changes however, i wan't to keep the engine changes as small as possible. However the Freezethrower and Shrinker will appear and act like they do in Duke3d, so if anybody is kind enough to join me
IT CAN BE DONE. But i need help. email me at c_eejay@hotmail.com

Nick Perrin!!!

It will have NEW LEVELS (not based on those from Duke)
And a much more stabil engine.
And maybe, just maybe, new music.
SO THERE WILL BE NEW STUFF.

Well, lets see want can and can not be done under Zdoom 33:

Boot: Yes
Pistol: Yes
Shotgun: Yes
Chaingun: Yes
Pipe bomb: Kinda. (it would act like a grenade)
RPG: Yes
Shrink Ray: No
Devastator: Yes (but the rockets would not spread)
Freeze ray: I’m pretty sure... the newest Zdoom beta has Hexen type stuff right?

Ichor said:
Ever think about doing a Blood or Shadow Warrior TC?

When I want to play Blood, I play Blood.

ravage said:

How do you get the Expander for Duke3d?

You need the Atomic edition, and it's built into the shrinker (it becomes a shrinker/expander). It has it's own ammo, and it's really funny.

How about a splicing of the best duke 3d, blood, shadow warrior, and Rise of the triad weapons pack? Of coarse, It could only be done for edge, and I don’t know what you’d do for monsters...

Ct_red_pants said:

These spelling and grammar errors are a registered trademark of the Ct_red_pantsâ„¢ CORP. all rights reserved, 2001

Shouldn't that be 2001-02?

NiGHTMARE said:
Shouldn't that be 2001-02?

no, you see, that would mean it would expire at the end of the year and... er... maybe we should stick to the topic.

Sorry guys, a "random FPS weapons" mod idea is taken by me, with SHOOTERS mode.

And a Shadow Warrior TC would be cool. "How'sa that for kung-fu fighting you chickenshit?"

As i said, ZDoom will be modified to have some effects not seen before. The freezethrower will freeze and the shrinker will shrink. Also a player speech system will be added (generated by a text lump similar to SNDINFO). And weapon reload and casing. That's about it i think. Not all weapons from Duke will appear (i think) as far as i can tell now these are the weapons that will appear, but might change in time:

1. Kick
2. Pistol (will reload)
3. Shotgun
4. Chaingun Cannon (Ripper)
5. RPG
6. Freezethrower
7. Shrinker

And all enemies i can possibly do, will appear. etc, etc...