Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bubbleman100

Romero and The Black Room ?

This is one reason I prefer Doom. As production values go up, creative freedom goes down. I don't think the creative energy of the best designers from the 80s and 90s translates well into the modern era. I'd much rather see more stuff like Romero's taco truck game, or low-poly throwback shooters like Aeon or Dusk that don't require piles of money and centuries of human-hours of work.

52 minutes ago, Aaron Blain said:

This is one reason I prefer Doom. As production values go up, creative freedom goes down. I don't think the creative energy of the best designers from the 80s and 90s translates well into the modern era. I'd much rather see more stuff like Romero's taco truck game, or low-poly throwback shooters like Aeon or Dusk that don't require piles of money and centuries of human-hours of work.

On second thought this makes a lot of sense

Out of curiousity, did the backers ever get refunded? Or did the team just kinda go quiet on the game after a while?

I don't think Black Room is moving forward at the moment as Romero is already working on another game entirely (that prohibition-era mafia game) - although I haven't checked on it.

Shame to see the game be shelved, at least for the time being. I do hope we get a more clear explanation from them at some point regarding what really happened. I was really looking forward to seeing Adrian Carmack make a return to gaming, considering how awesome and iconic his art has always been for us.