Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TeamTNS

ZDaemon Thursday Night Survival #459 - Doom II: 25 Years on Earth (Part I)

TNS459.png

This megawad by Phobus, unsurprisingly created to celebrate 25 years of Doom 2, saw a full release just a week ago. It comes with a "single-player-only" tag but that sure isn't something that's going to dissuade us from a cool-looking megawad from an experienced mapper!

We will play the first rota with pistol starts and take it from there.

DMFLAGS: 1174487140 / 806496256 / 0
Skill: Ultra Violence
IWAD: doom2 or freedoom0_12_1
PWADs: ph_25yoe
Maps: 01-15, 31, 32
Lives: 1
Players: 25/100
Item Respawn Time: 60 seconds
Player Join Limit: 5 minutes

Date: 28th May 2020

Euro session: 19:00 BST/14:00 EDT at [L@P], Finland

Get ZDaemon and join in.

Good luck with that! I'm assuming ZDaemon will handle the lack of co-op starts well enough, but you may find the puzzles and some other sequences blocking players out of areas (at least temporarily). The maps will presumably put up very little resistance to multiple players and it wouldn't surprise me if you could blast through the whole set in a couple of hours with even just two players.

If there's any VOD or demos or something to watch, I'd be interested to see if anything breaks outright.

Looks like it was about as bad as I feared! MAP13 in particular didn't function well with multiple players (you'd definitely be locked out from finishing the map if everybody died after taking the first teleporter without opening the yellow key door), but both 06 and 07 were very poorly suited. I suspect the fast monsters run was a bit more enjoyable and a better test of survival!