Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
battlescroll

humiliating the cyberdemon

what is the fastest way to kill the cyberdemon in doom1 and doom2 with using little ammo as possible (so shoot at it until it dies is not valid) i want to study the cyberdemon because he gives me the most trouble in the first two games. so i want  him to be as easy as the other demons. so i need your help. so reply to me easy weakness to the big demon boy. 

Cyberdemon_sprite.png

Just now, Dimon12321 said:

Telefrag him! The easiest possible way. Try Sigil WAD for it, it's possible there.

were talking about official releases

44 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

2 shotting it with a BFG (0:33 onwards)

Yep, this is the way. As you see, you take advantage of the pattern - strafe around the 3 rockets, and time your BFG so that you can run up close to him during the brief pause after his 3rd rocket, to maximize trace damage. It takes practice to perfect (and it needs to be perfect, otherwise it's a pretty certain rocket to the face), but after that, Cyberdemons become routine.

1 hour ago, battlescroll said:

were talking about official releases

wasn't Si6il technically an official release because of the Bethesda port of DOOM?

Two-shooting the Cyber with the BFG or berserking him to death.

4 hours ago, dmslr said:

E4M2

On which I manged to do it by accident when I first played the level, hadn't heard of telefragging, and wondered how I'd killed the bastard without firing a shot :)

I believe if you want to be really ammo efficient, full blow with the bfg, and then finish off with the plasma rifle.

21 hours ago, LiT_gam3r said:

wasn't Si6il technically an official release because of the Bethesda port of DOOM?

no you can add mods to the bethesda ports

Basically what everyone else is saying: 2 shot with BFG.

However that is kinda hard to do and I've only rarely been able to do it with saves. I keep getting blown up. So I go for 3 Shots with BFG and then SSG finish. If other monsters are around, I try to get infights going instead. I still believe that the true best weapon of Doom is Monster Infights if you can get it to work.

6 hours ago, battlescroll said:

no you can add mods to the bethesda ports

I didn't add mods, Bethesda literally added it themselves for Ultimate Doom. there is Final DOOM, Double Impact, Si6il, Deathless, NRFTL, and NEIS. look at them here.

Infighting is quite helpful for dealing with cybers.  Not only does every monster it kills mean one less you need to spend ammo killing yourself, it's much easier to land those point-blank BFG tracer blasts that fling it 10 meters away without eating a rocket yourself while it's distracted.

While not the fastest, a cyber getting pinned in a corner and chewed up by a pack of demons is one of the most humiliating ways for it to die.  It's a rare occurrance I've only had happen a handful of times ever but it is possible.

On 5/30/2020 at 6:31 PM, Zulk RS said:

However that is kinda hard to do and I've only rarely been able to do it with saves.

It isn't, once you get the timing right it will come to you naturally. Trust me, this is coming from an average player after all, not a Doom god.

Now that I can do it, I never want to go back to the old ways, it conserves so much more ammo and is far quicker. But the ol' way has its uses, it's more practical when more than two are around where lining them up/separating them is either impossible or just too impractical to be worth it.

Now berserking a Cyber... that one is hard, not as much as it is for timing since if you can two-shoot a cyber you can do this too, usually, but because you're almost guaranteed to take a rocket to the face when you do it, eventually. It's much riskier. Suffice to say I only ever do it with saves and very rare instances, it isn't much fun otherwise. Here's how it looks like when it works in your favor:

5 hours ago, battlescroll said:

why

This is Doom. Why ask why?

You must not have heard about Impse, have you?

27 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

This is Doom. Why ask why?

You must not have heard about Impse, have you?

what is that

On 5/29/2020 at 12:28 PM, Pegg said:

Lost souls can kill him in e2m8 for free if you are patient enough.

for real?! damn, i've been wasting money paying them to do it this whole time :/

On 6/6/2020 at 9:52 AM, battlescroll said:

why

Maes and Cyber demon fisting simulators. 

BFG or Plasma rifle depending on the situation is the way to go. Then rocket launcher or SSG depending on your ammo situation.

2-shotting a cyberdemon with the BFG is one of the most satisfying feelings. I'm kind of obsessed with it. An example at 4:22: