Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Unregistered account

Issues with GZDoom Builder Bugfix

I find that I create messed up sectors more often than in the past (Doom Builder 2/GZDoom Builder) because the program doesn't split linedefs properly when I'm creating new sectors, and I'll hover over a sector only to see it's illuminating the surrounding sector too and it's all fucked up.

Also, that irritating bug where you can't move anything by simply leftclick dragging and instead have to enter edit selection mode, which doesn't get fixed until you restart the program, keeps happening.

If anyone knows any solutions to these problems I'd love to hear them

1 hour ago, Kapanyo said:

Also, that irritating bug where you can't move anything by simply leftclick dragging and instead have to enter edit selection mode, which doesn't get fixed until you restart the program, keeps happening.

This dragging issue can also be solved by entering 3d mode and leaving.

4 hours ago, Kronecker–Capelli said:

Use make sector button, M by default, to create new sector from enclosed by linedefs area.

And also Doom Builder 2/GZDoom Builder are outdated and is not supported by anyone.
You should use U-U-U-ULTIMATE Doom builder
https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=66745

I already use the make sector button, this is often what causes everything to fully break.

I'm also not using Doom Builder 2 or GZDoom Builder, the title literally reads "GZDoom Builder Bugfix" (although if I hadn't heard of it, I probably wouldn't realize it was its own program).

I'll give Ultimate Doom Builder a look.