Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NeoWorm

Prince of Persia for HeXen/Heretic

1qq9totnw6ew0bi6g.jpg

I've been spending last two weeks of quarantine making textures, sprites and models that mimick old Prince of Persia game in GZDooM engine. Just for fun and just so I can actually do something interesting. But I think it could actually become a full fledged mod in the end. Problem being that I really don't know how to make many things in it actually work. So I am posting what I've made so far for anybody to adopt it and make it work. I will gladly provide additional textures and sprites but me trying to code things will take ages and probably just make me move onto something else.

- Tileset for whole Dungeon part of Prince of Persia 1 is almost complete. Only a window texture is missing. All textures are made by me from scratch.
- Chompers have defined animation but no functionality
- Gates have no functionality
- Rudimentary falling floor tiles with shaking animation and shattered state. 64x64 and 128x128. The 64x128 is kinda tricky because ZDooM can't handle non square actors. I am thinking about some kind of dummy actor that will act like the second part of the tile.
- Pressure plates as a models with 2 frame animation - pressed and non pressed. Currently unnused.
- I adapted Dodopol's ledge climbing script for HeXen and Heretic, tweaked some values to make player able to climb the walls like in Prince of Persia. And now with some finesse it's possible to climb even to the tile directly above you. Major bug is that you can hold onto ceiling and you can't climb actor tiles. I have no idea how to fix those.
- 2 potion sprites made from scratch
- There are no sounds

https://www.mediafire.com/file/we6a7qn9v9fow94/PoP.zip/file

Update:

Through the years I made some new sprites and textures, modified the test map a little. There is even a preview of Prince sprites I am cooking. Since it got bumped back to life I thought I will share.

POPpublic.zip

preview2.png.ebc7aab5d30a10512dfb753f4c4f8aa6.png  SHAMC0.png.5c941d0c7009cb8162cc0a9d6b2e94eb.png

POP.jpg.e7351e3e299724d3dc500cf08d410f07.jpg

Edited by NeoWorm

wow now this is something i really want to experience!!!
Prince of Persia serie is my all time favorite plataforming game.
I played the Sands of Time saga like five time each game. Warrior Within is the best entry.

How can I play it? I did everything as it should be, turned on Heretic and it shows Prince of Persia in the menu, but nothing changes in the game and I still see the classic game.

4 hours ago, Broadsword Jim said:

How can I play it? I did everything as it should be, turned on Heretic and it shows Prince of Persia in the menu, but nothing changes in the game and I still see the classic game.

It uses MAP01 but heretic starts E1M1. Either use Hexen or warp to map01 through console. But don't expect full playable experience. It is rudimentary. Also I am not sure if the climbing would work with Heretic.