Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LucidLocomotive

Dear id, if there is a third title in the new Doom series, can the main villian please be the mother demon, or at least some new version or parallel to it?

i mean... please? come on, its almost like the first game (nick of 2016) has the main final bad boss of the same thing original doom (spiderdemoned) second game eternal? icon of sin. so maybe you could do doom 3 and have it be kind of like the motherdemon 

id Software isn't exactly actively browsing Doomworld, however, nor do they base their design choices purely on what others demand.

Either way, I highly doubt they're interested in doing this, at all. The new D64 levels from the remaster actually make the player fight another Mother Demon, we really don't need to fight the same villain for the third time in a row, I'd rather have something new, and I'm sure id agrees with this reasoning.

Yeah, I mean, some throwbacks are cute and all, but we really ought to be encouraging folks to create NEW things. I dunno about you, but I sure as hell am sick of Hollywood remaking the same movies all the goddamn time and stagnating the medium, so the same goes for games. I don't have any ideas personally on where they would take Doom next, but I'd rather them keep pushing things forward like what Id's been doing rather than just keep rehashing the same things over and over. Based on DE's story, there's a lot of new history and lore that they've injected into the franchise's narrative that could see it going to new places with new characters as we've seen with the two new games.

I mean, we love to see new things and experimentation within our own community's WADs and such, so we should be doing the same for official releases.

I think they hinted at it in DOOM 4 with the Hellish fetus, but I imagine it is for a DLC or something unimportant, but who knows, they also had the IoS as an easter egg and look at what happened to him! 

They've been building up the dark lord for two games now, NuDoom 3 will probably have him be the main antagonist. Mother Demon might feature in a smaller role, since there's canonically more of her species out there.

To me, Khan Makyr was a sort of rebooted Mother Demon... I said it much before we did see her true face... I deserve a price for it!!!!! 

Well, who knows if we will see Mother Demon, that would be cool maybe. 

(Actually, I am not playing Doom Eternal much because I got bored of it, looking forward the DLC episodes) 

Doom Eternal to me is a rebooted Doom2 with Doom64 and Doom3 elements in it, it's very obvious. 

If there is a NuDoom3 like the comment above, I hope to see a really good version of the Maledict as Final Boss as I didn't like RoE's Maledict and Khan Makyr fights, they are so bad and boring. 

On 6/3/2020 at 9:05 PM, LiT_gam3r said:

I think they hinted at it in DOOM 4 with the Hellish fetus, but I imagine it is for a DLC or something unimportant, but who knows, they also had the IoS as an easter egg and look at what happened to him! 

The IoS was different, as it became quite clear that Eternal was heading in the direction it did and more-or-less re-envision Doom 2. The Mother Demon was most likely just a reference to the old game, as we got to see her in the new remaster anyway, would really not hold my breath to see her for a third time, and id likely doesn't want to do that either.

There was also a Soul Cube somewhere, originally seen and used in Doom 3, but nothing came of it.

2 hours ago, Roebloz said:

In my opinion the final boss of NuDoom 3 should be this:

Lord Stanky Midi, king of all demons

2 hours ago, Roebloz said:

In my opinion the final boss of NuDoom 3 should be this:

literally laughed out loud. thats the farts version of our known-and-cared-for “entryway” tune. 

what about Beelzebub in the flesh? He isn't necessarily in the doom lore but he is one of the 7 princes of hell and is a runner up for Baphomet so why not a quest to cut down the whole empire of hell.

Also i really loved the Khan maker's boss fight to so there is some massive potential with a Fallen angel battle

The SMM and IOS played and looked very differently from their classic counterparts, so a Mother Demon would offer new material too.

Kahn Maykr didn't really remind me of the Mother Demon.

At the most, she looked interesting because she was like an angelic version of the Spider Mastermind, which is what made me realized that a Heaven in Doom works if you make it parallel Hell in Doom in some ways.

I think why people like when a series keeps using the same elements is for there to be some consistency with its identity, since the new stuff, even if good, will always be different and at times give it a new identity.

You need a good balance between being too rehashy and too "alien" but there's nothing wrong with putting in a little bit of old or new.

Doom already rebooted itself a few times that even Eternal feels like a reboot of 2016 and you could even in some way put that arguement through the PS1 ports or the RPG games.

On 6/3/2020 at 9:03 AM, seed said:

id Software isn't exactly actively browsing Doomworld, however, nor do they base their design choices purely on what others demand.

There could at least be one or two people at id, since Doomworld has a more relevant history with Doom than, like, r/Doom.

I mean, do we have to link the site to Slayer's Club or something?

Also, i wonder if they'll look up to cut Doom 64 enemies.

We've already technically killed her twice. In the same game at that.

14 hours ago, Morpheus666 said:

what about Beelzebub in the flesh? He isn't necessarily in the doom lore but he is one of the 7 princes of hell and is a runner up for Baphomet so why not a quest to cut down the whole empire of hell.

I think the idea of using demon lords whose names are based on real folklore is something that Diablo does. 

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about id lacking originality. They did have Maledict in Doom 3 RoE, which was totally new. Also, every other stage boss counts as well (didn't play Eternal yet, but it applies to Doom 3 and 4). They just had to do their work of remaking the spider mastermind, cyberdemon and demon spitter. They may always come with other crazy designs. 

@LucidLocomotive if there's a Father Maykr in Urdak, why not a Mother Demon in Hell. Just imagine Doom Slayer this time led by Father Maykr (formerly VEGA) to fight its deity counterpart: the Mother Demon, where the Slayer realizes that these two entities have been fighting each other since the dawn of time? 

This could lead to some more realms with Supreme rulers for NuDoom3/Doom Immortal lol

Edited by Gerardo194