Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zen Frequency

Best windows Doom map maker

what is the best windows version to make doom maps for Ultimate, 2 and Final Dooms? i have DOS dck but it wont run USB mouse. any suggestions on the next best thing?

umh, i've understood that DCK needs "boot to dos" to run, but zeth can be run inside windows in a maximized window. wad author and deepsea are both shareware with size limits, IIRC.

Some like DeepSea, some like Wadauthor. I'm a wadauthor guy myself, because I think it's the easiest to use.

There is no windows.

Get a better mouse. :)

I prefer Wadauthor, especially with the way WinXP screws things up.
The only thing thats really annoying is that you cant lay down individual linedefs, but you get used to that quickly.
By the way, you should alwats keep a ps/2 mouse handy :)

I really like Wad Author. The only editor, where I can make maps in... :P
:)

Zen Frequency said:

thanks for your replies guys:) i could not get Wadauthor to work or install under 98. any ideas?

hmm... are you sure, you downloaded the right zip?.
WA work(ed) for me on win98. :)

Zen Frequency said:

thanks for your replies guys:) i could not get Wadauthor to work or install under 98. any ideas?

DeePSea

Hiya.

(Precursor: WHOA! I must be tired. I kinda mixed two posts together here...let me fix that...)

I'd also vote for WadAuthor. DeepSea is a close second. Both are "quirky" in different ways.

First thing though, hit the net for tutorials on wad editing. Also, WadAuthor has the best (IMO) little tutorial for getting started with editing maps. In WA, just hit F1 and go to Tutorial. :)

^_^

Paul L. Ming