Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EmptyCell

Trauma: St. Lux v1.1a - Now on idgames

Hello everyone,
after a long time of procrastination I've finally finished this mod.

This is 3 map mapset, set in Hospital with underground UAC lab.

Hopefully, you'll enjoy my first venture into Doom mapping.

Please read notes in the description.

Description:

Download: TStLux_v1a1.zip

Mirrors: Dropbox, Mega.nz

Modes:

• Single Player
  • Cooperative: Not balanced but possible - 4 player spawns set

IWAD: Doom 2

Source Ports:

• GZDoom (4.4.2)
  • QZDoom (4.4 Pre 336)
  • LZDoom (3.85)
  • Zandronum (3.0)*

Map Range:

• MAP01 - Welcome to St. Lux
  • MAP02 - Filthline
  • MAP03 - Suffergate

Advanced Controls:

• Freelook - Optional
  • Jumping/Crouching - Disabled

Screenshots:

Spoiler

MAP01 - Welcome to St. Lux

Spoiler

yard.png.adbfdd7de4f249243008b39aa9a2f103.png

wait.png.b0d910d15f87157a329c03596e24ffc8.png

surg.png.c104c1e6207ea26cb7d0c044e3fc4578.png

MAP02 - Filthline

Spoiler

mainhall.png.a8484f0e0d87fa63f47db76f509dd812.png

secuhall.png.7079a3a38747a6fd5920c8faa0f9c404.png

obsrv.png.cacb1436981a847fb777e87d53f25b35.png

MAP03 - Suffergate

Spoiler

storg.png.c1e0a88e13ce796538836e3017b5015a.png

cavrn.png.22a9c6289ec215eca994953c4b9a9eda.png

altar.png.da7a492ff3133ef20b495e9842d326c9.png

Notes:

• This mod was created mostly with Supercharge in mind, but other gameplay mods should work as well, if used at all.          
  • I've tested it with fair amount of gameplay mods and it should work, but unfortunately Brutal Doom doesn't work well with this mapset. This might be due to custom skill system and complex enemy changes.
  • On MAP03, when hitting the switch in the first room, your game might freeze for a bit. This can be severe on slower computers. Please wait until your game unfreezes or close the game and start again.
  • * - Zandronum have no support for multitagged sectors. You'll be able to start the mod normally, but unfortunately expect some visual bugs.

Credits:

• Nick Baker - Nightmare Animations Pack
  • Captain Toenail - Distant Gun Fire Soundpack
  • Gothic with sprites edits by: Xaser, Jimmy, Minigunner - Bushes Sprite Pack
  • Fuzzball Fox - Xtra Lites Texture Pack
  • Duke3D & Strife with sprites edits by: Captain Toenail - Liquid Fountains Pack
  • ID Software - with sprites edits by: Yuyu3  - Radioactive Corpses Pack
  • Cage - Cage Texture Pack
  • Rogue Entertainment, Raven Software - Edits by: Yuyu3 - Garden Trees Pack
  • elend & TheMrCat - Worklights Pack
  • Tool - MIDI Sequenced by: Troy Martin, Jim Marshall & Pat Barry
Edited by EmptyCell : Version 1.1a - Link fix

i just played map 01. awesome job dude... really a cool map, loved the details and the atmosphere. Keep up the good work, i want other maps!

Edited by Zolgia108

Update 8/31/2020 - Version 1.0:

• Added custom music to all maps
  • Added MAP03
  • Added small details to MAP01 & MAP02
  • Rebalanced MAP01 & MAP02

It's fine I guess. It's easy to loose all your ammo and health. Visual style is consistent, but I there wasn't anything really interesting to look at. 

8 hours ago, NieMaMordy said:

It's fine I guess. It's easy to loose all your ammo and health. Visual style is consistent, but I there wasn't anything really interesting to look at. 

I'm glad you've gave it a whirl, I'll do better next time. Thanks for the feedback.

Pretty damn cool and challenging. I really enjoyed the progression of the 3rd map, especially. You're awfully stingy on the weapons and ammo hehe but I didn't get too frustrated to quit. You're cruel, but it's reasonably measured and can be dealt with if you think outside the box, so you make Romero and McGee proud on that front, man. I do think the 3rd map overall was my favourite just in terms of layout and progression that kept things pretty interesting and you didn't do too bad a job with the hospital theme given the Doom engine's limitations. Overall, it's a fun romp and I'd love to see more maps from you in the not-to-distant-future.

(Sorry to say, but my playthrough footage was corrupted and couldn't be recovered)

Edited by Biodegradable

2 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

Pretty damn cool and challenging. I really enjoyed the progression of the 3rd map, especially. You're awfully stingy on the weapons and ammo hehe but I didn't get too frustrated to quit. You're cruel, but it's reasonably measured and can be dealt with if you think outside the box, so you make Romero and McGee proud on that front, man. I do think the 3rd map overall was my favourite just in terms of layout and progression that kept things pretty interesting and you didn't do too bad a job with the hospital theme given the Doom engine's limitations. Overall, it's a fun romp and I'd love to see more maps from you in the not-to-distant-future.

(Sorry to say, but my playthrough footage was corrupted and couldn't be recovered)

Hey man, no worries about the video. I'm glad that you've enjoyed my small mapset.

Also thanks for the feedback.

Okay, I played this. Good graphical design on maps 1 and 3, very good.  I got all the secrets in the maps except for the BFG secret in Map 03.

I was playing continuously, and found 14/15 secrets, so if I felt the ammo crunch, pistol starts are going to be just tedious.

I did not like Map 2 at all for many reasons.

• The first room in Map 2 had an awful lot of beefy enemies (Hell Knight and Cacodemons) for just the shotgun and chaingun. There was a double-barreled shotgun later, but that was a bit late.
  • I felt making the brown slime floor with the floating crates deal a whopping -20% health damage was uncalled for. Not only did that break the guideline of the other slime that color being non-damaging, it also rendered those stimpaks on the crates pretty useless. It is especially bad because it comes after a long stretch of level with very little health, so the player is likely already running low.
  • Putting a bunch of hitscan enemies behind an opening wall right at that door was another dick move because dodging can take you into the damaging floor.
  • That map also had very little ammo for the large number of enemies, and if it wasn't for the secret Berserk pack, I'd have been in even more trouble. Separating the secret rockets from the secret rocket launcher also wasn't great because the rockets are no good without the launcher, and if you have the launcher, 2 rockets aren't going to matter much. Might as well put them together and eliminate one of the secrets.
  • There was also very little health. After the chaingunners were done with me in the suction room, I was at 5% health. I scrounged up an additional 45% after that, but if it wasn't for the secret Soul sphere, it would have been very difficult to continue.
  • There were far, far too many repetitive fights done by shooting enemies through a door. The worst of the lot was the one in the room with the Red Keycard. The trigger to release the monsters was too close to the door in, they were released before I even cleared an entrance path, so I was stuck doing door combat.

Another quibble I had was on Map 3 - I missed out on the... red? keycard after the room before the Cyberdemon, and even after killing him I couldn't backtrack to get it, so I had to do another loop of the entire map. That could have been improved. Also, the Cyberdemon wasn't a difficult fight with the plasma rifle and cells provided, and the generous cover in the middle.

Edited by Stabbey