Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

Most preferred non-meal foods?

I'm a big fan of chocolate and have it with hot beverages whenever I can. Tea, coffee, and hot milk pair quite nicely with chocolate, which by the way seems to be at an amazing price right now due to an overshipment of Halloween treats. It's at 49¢/100g, which is about 3 times the value of what you'll usually get at a supermarket checkout shelf.

Apple and cheese fills this strange hole, the same satisfaction normally found in chewing gum and eating nuts at the same time. I also like cutting up an orange into little bits and mixing it into a bowl of vanilla ice cream.

And then there's the occasional peanut butter and jam sandwich, with half a banana cut up and put into it. Only chunky sugarless peanut butter, on either whole wheat bread or a bagel, either poppy seed or blueberry.

Granola bars and tortilla chips are what I usually have sitting around. And like AndrewB says, it's easy to stock up on holiday candy after the fact. As a student, I can't afford that many snacks, and I already eat too much as is. :(

Tea without sugar, milk, honey or anything! And none of those lame-ass zingers.

Jalapeñoes: The perfect party snack. And getting something to drink on the side becomes more urgent when you have munched a bowl of these.

Olives, but none of those crappy Hojiblanca ones.

Sometimes I like to munch whole uncooked bell peppers.

Liquorice. It's black (with some brown in it) and tastes good if it's the right sort.
Chocolate is also good (as long as it's not dark chocolate) if it's not some cheapass chocolate.

-Chocolate, dark 'n pure!
-Fresh fruit, like bananas or oranges (apples suck!)
-Beer or coffee (or both)
-Cannabisativa Hollandica aka spacecake :P

--ADDED

For the people who have no clue what spacecake is (and I don't mean the chocolate cookies called SpaceCakes): Cake with weed in it

I'm on a diet so i don't snack, but i drink a few cups of tea and/or coffee during the day.

Spike said:

I'm on a diet so i don't snack, but i drink a few cups of tea and/or coffee during the day.

Ha, I am pregnant so I can, my main thing at the moment is cheese and brown sauce, chocolate, crisps, anything :)

Sunflower seeds. Shell incuded of course. No fun unless you're spitting something.

Chips, and various kinds of candy. Oh, and Pop Tarts, particularly the chocolate chip kind.

Milk (I usually go through a gallon every 2 days), sugarless lemonless tea, tea with lots of sugar, Coke, Pringles, leftover Chinese/Japanese food, quesadillas, microwave burritos, pizza bites, and an occasional brownie do me in. And if we have them, Reses Peanut Butter Cups.

I'm a chocophiliac. I also drink coffee. Not c0ff33. That's just meesing around too much.

salted, honey-roasted peanuts. Mmmmm, can't get enough of 'em!

(damn, I'm still hungry!)

chocolate, chips,...etc anything that can stuff my stomach and as long as they're tasteful

bacon!!!

does this count? it's part of a meal but it's usually an appetizer. nobody eats bacon by itself (except me and other various intellectuals)

as for actual SNACK foods: definitely BBQ Sunflower Seeds (and other various flavors of shelled sunflower-seeds)

Penguin said:

bacon!!!

does this count? it's part of a meal but it's usually an appetizer. nobody eats bacon by itself (except me and other various intellectuals)

Umm, intellectual (AKA intelligent) people generally don't willingly stuff their bodies with unhealthy substances.

When I first saw this thread, I was being dislexic and thought it said "Most preferred non-food meals?"

AndrewB said:

Umm, intellectual (AKA intelligent) people generally don't willingly stuff their bodies with unhealthy substances.

Yes we do.

AndrewB said:

Intelligent people know the difference between the word "Intelligent" and "Intellectual".

Penguin said:

bacon!!!

Yeah! Bacon tastes so good. Mmm... I'd whip up some strips, but I don't have any right now.