Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
klaymeb

prBoom+ showing wrong text screen between episodes

Hi all!

I'm new here, so if this is the wrong forum to post in, feel free to send me to the right one!

Also, I couldn't find anything on this topic via search...

I've gotten into playing pwads, and after trying a few source ports, I ended up preferring prboom+ (2.5.1.4).

I've finally figured out most of the settings, but I have one remaining issue that I just don't get.

During progression, when I end a Doom2 episode, the text screen plays - so far so good. But I always see the one from Doom2 and not from the pwad!

Can anyone help me out with why this occurs? And fix it, hopefully :)

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:
I run pwads from shortcuts, like so. If that helps!
.\prboom-plus-2.5.1.4\prboom-plus.exe" -iwad Doom2.wad -file valiant.wad

Edited by klaymeb : path and parameters - title

Many wads don't have their own text screens, e.g. I don't think Valiant does (there is no replacement for those text screens in its DEHACKED lump).

Well, that might be it ;) I was sure that Memento Mori II was supposed to have text screens - can anyone confirm?

To test, could anyone suggest me at pwad where I can test it?

~Klaymeb

Memento Mori has no text screens, it doesn't even replace the automap names for the levels.

Doom4Vanilla is one WAD that has a changed ENDOOM screen. I found it pretty nifty, since ENDOOM changes aren't that common.

3 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

Doom4Vanilla is one WAD that has a changed ENDOOM screen. I found it pretty nifty, since ENDOOM changes aren't that common.

Back in the day they were very common. They fell a bit out of favor after the first ports got released and didn't show it, but now that support exists again, there's even some more advanced mods having one, case in point :ZDCMP2.

7 hours ago, andrewj said:

Many wads don't have their own text screens, e.g. I don't think Valiant does (there is no replacement for those text screens in its DEHACKED lump).

It does, but they use MAPINFO and show up at different intervals than the regular ones. You can't see them in PrBoom, unfortunately. The same goes for Ancient Aliens actually. Oh and indeed, MM2 doesn't have custom intermissions. One of the rare things about it that's rather unpolished, but that was the norm at the time.

Ah, thank you, Budoka! I wonder if I would have to go to another source port, but then again, it's not that important. :)