Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

Bad Man Hit Dog, With Street!

Over at The Megawad you can find yet another one of those nifty community megawads that we've alll come to know and love since Freedoom came into being. Anywho, the new project aims to be a 32 level megawad that will run on any port though all but three of the screen shots seem to be taken in Legacy, but I assume that's simply the port of choice for those guys. Anywho, if you want to take a gander at said screenies or perhaps lend a hand, then head on over there and give it a looksee. Because I'm the evil midnight bomber what bombs at midnight, yeah baby yeah! And I says so!

Fredrik said:

Great. But where is the news about Compet-N?

Precisely what I was thinking. Wonder when Hegyi will update...

He already has updated, actually. :)

The next update is scheduled for Doomsday, December the 10th. Enjoy the demos until then.

That would be my screenshot not taken from Legacy. And no, Newdoom isn't a group that generalizes around one single port. Anywhoo, There's only a couple slots left for this megawad, so grab one if you have the time and feel like making a map.

Vile said:

He already has updated, actually. :)

Exactly, and I find it odd that Doomworld hasn't recognized it.

Isn't this thing older that CC? Hey, um, both projects have stupid names... are those just working names till production is nearing its final stages?

Im confused as to what the subject (Bad Man Hit Dog, With Street!) has anything to do with this.

AgentSpork said:

Im confused as to what the subject (Bad Man Hit Dog, With Street!) has anything to do with this.

Probably nothing at all - there might be some hidden meaning, but don't waste too much time looking for one. The titles of news posts in recent months have often been rather random.

Dear God don't let this turn into another retarded NewDoom vs DOOMWORLD rivalry. I know I'm a geek, but rivalries between two video game websites is too nerdy even for me....

:p

Heh, we (probably like the people here) have talked about making our own megawad dozens of times. This is just the first time people have taken interest. I think it's brilliant that both communities are making megawads because that means more quality levels for all DOOMers. That and perhaps a community run project will be more likely to actually be finished and released. Anyone remember when people used to do that? Start a project, actually finish it then release it? It'd be nice to bring those days back. :-)

*Sniff, and I think I did a damn good job on Millenium level 9. Sure hope someday someone gets to play it. :p

Dear God don't let this turn into another retarded NewDoom vs DOOMWORLD rivalry. I know I'm a geek, but rivalries between two video game websites is too nerdy even for me....

You had to mention the R word. :p

It works for me. ;)

There's only a couple slots left for this megawad, so grab one if you have the time and feel like making a map.

Archvile46 just nabbed the last map slot.

Bah, Rellik, who said anything about rivalries in a negative sense? And things don't get finished nowadays? Hardly. 2002ado was released not too long ago. Who wants many more releases when one or two good megawads per year will fill up your playing time, especially when added to any older stuff not yet fully played?

Rellik said:

IMHO you can never have too much cool new stuff to play with. :-)

Yep, and the person with the most toys when the end comes .... wins! ;)

Ultimate DooMer said:

Hmm...Community Chest has a rival...

I'm working on both, don't tell Cadman :P