Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pełzająca Część Twarzy

Scourge of Leviathan WAD

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Greetings and Salutations!

I would like to present Scourge of Leviathan.WAD. It's a one big Doom map about length more-less two medium maps. Created primarily for singleplayer vanila Doom type expirence. Provides spooky environment and lots of tough and tricky fights. Making it took me more-less month. It is one map separated in two parts, first one is the spooky town and second is bloody fortress. Whole map is made in very dark, edgy fashion with lots of difficult fights. 

 

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/sgwo05lxs7vvzui/ScourgeOfLeviathan.rar/file

 

Works with Source Ports: Zandronum, GzDoom  GLBoom+, PrBoom+ (requires Complevel 9) 
Freelook - no  Jumping - no 
IWAD - Doom 2
Custom stuff: it contains few textures, and music. It should be mod friendly
Music: "Hallowed Grounds","Unholy Voices" and "The Lair of Shial" from Blood
Cooperetive: 2-4 players. Some extra monsters. Still possible on Single Player as UV+

Known bugs: There's trap with Chaingunners that should teleport around player while being asleep. In PrBoom+ they immediately awake. It does not make this trap imposible, just very nasty and rude. It works as intended in GzDoom

 

Supports difficulty settings, it's made primarly for Ultra-Violence

General difficulty level is quite high, if you ask me, but of course is balanced, again if you ask me. So if WADs like Plutonia were too difficult for you, you should consider playing on difficulty other than UV.

 

Plot

A demonic cult appeared in a small town in central Europe. Worshipers of The Leviathan slaughtered people of that town to summon the sea of blood, form which rise fortress of the Leviathan. And You will have to clean up this mess!

Full version in text file. 

 

Here's some screenshots:

 

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20200614_230312.png.3757ce4a92880b60958c3d11a444ac13.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200614_230422.png.0aa8b34c5b489e807186aeac70cfc3e8.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200614_230555.png.dcc1f6d16927ab55f18c0cb84671a8f2.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200614_230526.png.fb2988f99ba7b0210992969ca7e1e786.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200614_230729.png.98aaf592b2427e112f1b562371434460.png

Always happy for some feedback. I'm a silent guy, but when i make stuff, i am little bitch that wants attention

Edited by Pełzająca Część Twarzy

Share this post


Link to post

~EARLY REVIEW~

This is pretty early and i just started.

The Goods

Maps design is pretty good and it fits well with the given music.

The Not so Goods

I feel like easier difficulties would help, for a masochist it's gonna be a hell of a time, casual players on the other hand will not take this lightly and may rage quit.

Lighting can be improved just a little bit but other than that, it's pretty solid!

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I understand that for casual players difficulty can be too high but they don't have to play on UV or even HMP. That's what difficulty setting are for. If I will lower difficulties, hardcore players will stay with nothing and they are people too. So don't be a shame to play on "Hey, not too Rough" because this map is tough.

Share this post


Link to post

dude i am sorry.

I was having fun (especially with the tomatoes potatoes joke) until i came to the cyberdemon area, i mean... i went there without exploring too much, not much hp, and the problem is that i made it till the mancubus part but then it gets too rng. I am not saying that its too hard, i am saying that (that specific encounter) is too much based on luck that cannot possibly be made single segment. The rest of the map ( i didnt finish it cause i stopped there, didnt want to rage quit so i decided just to stop there) was cool, atmosphere was nailed and details are on point, encounters were so so i mean, they were well done but not astonishing. I think i will play it again tomorrow.

This is just my humble opinion. Played on uv (of course, what else is there)

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Zolgia108 said:

dude i am sorry.

I was having fun (especially with the tomatoes potatoes joke) until i came to the cyberdemon area, i mean... i went there without exploring too much, not much hp, and the problem is that i made it till the mancubus part but then it gets too rng. I am not saying that its too hard, i am saying that (that specific encounter) is too much based on luck that cannot possibly be made single segment. The rest of the map ( i didnt finish it cause i stopped there, didnt want to rage quit so i decided just to stop there) was cool, atmosphere was nailed and details are on point, encounters were so so i mean, they were well done but not astonishing. I think i will play it again tomorrow.

This is just my humble opinion. Played on uv (of course, what else is there)

Hey happy you like it so far. I recommend to play at least with few saves (not save spam but more like checkpoint when you feel something bad are coming), map is quite long and have many difficult fights. There will be many fights that might seems RNG without right strategy. Making some save allows to find that strategy without so much pain. 
That Cyberdemon fight is'nt too bad if you make him infight with evrething (just kill Revenants yourself, while Cyberdemon are busy).I can imagine that getting there with low health might be pain.  Maybe I should put there something to restock on health before encounter begen, so Player would not die just from for example from Cyberdemon splash damage.
Also i have to worn you that more crazy shit like this are coming. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Pełzająca Część Twarzy said:

Hey happy you like it so far. I recommend to play at least with few saves (not save spam but more like checkpoint when you feel something bad are coming), map is quite long and have many difficult fights. There will be many fights that might seems RNG without right strategy. Making some save allows to find that strategy without so much pain. 
That Cyberdemon fight is'nt too bad if you make him infight with evrething (just kill Revenants yourself, while Cyberdemon are busy).I can imagine that getting there with low health might be pain.  Maybe I should put there something to restock on health before encounter begen, so Player would not die just from for example from Cyberdemon splash damage.
Also i have to worn you that more crazy shit like this are coming. 

i will restart it in a few hours, i would suggest a soulsphere there, even in crazy hard levels like last ones in sunlust they always give something like that in uv to help for the fight. That cyberdemon fight was harsh especially because of the space you had, it wasnt hard to make them infight but the space around and the dmg the lava does its too much, 2 medikits on top are just not enough in my opinion, i would put a soulsphere or a mega there :) I will tell you about the rest (if i wont rage quit ofc) later! :)

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Zolgia108 said:

i will restart it in a few hours, i would suggest a soulsphere there

I just did. I look closer to that fight and think it would help a lot.
When I tested it, I always come there with soulsphere from house-bran.  I was wrong to think that everybody will do that.
I cant' wait to hear what you have to say about arachnotron fight :)

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

oh well...

 

what an experience...

 

so...

i don't know how to start. it took 2 hours and something, found 4 secrets out of 8. Lets speak about the map.

I think you have very cool ideas but most of the fights are basically rng: there are a couple that comes to my mind:

 

1) archi with demons and revenants, i would really love to see someone doing it single segment with no luck

2) the arena with the archi in the middle and arachnotrons around (the one which will spawn 2 archies and several barons right after), there i was so fucking lucky and i mean, i had one bfg shot just because i took bfg before getting there, without it it would have been impossible.

3) mastermind plus mancubuses plus pain elementals, THAT WAS INSANE i mean i hated you so much, if you want people to hate you that's the best way to get that!

4) second to last fight... i mean... after dying there 100 times i finally managed to get to the cyberdemons and kill there by pure luck: problems there are the stairs (too thin and tall, you can't see a fuck and you can't possibly understand how to avoid shots) and the tight space because of lava, i think that encounter was purely based on luck.

 

Some minor bugs:

1) you get softlocked if you go behind the bench with the hanged corpses on the left of the triple switches

2) you can get some armor bonuses from the outskirts of the small building because they are to close to the walls

3) somehow after i took the first blue key the wall behind me didnt move and i couldnt get out, i had to no clip (maybe its my fault)

4) inside the bloodfall before the final fight i had some problems getting through the hallway, like if there was some kind of impassable invisible wall, check it out

5) in the room where archies and barons spawn there is a teleporter, they can use it as well, sometimes preventing you from getting to the next area without dying, so block monster there please)

 

 

something else that was frustrating: plutonian archviles that could actually hit you and revive monsters, you couldnt kill them except with splash damage, and one time i hit one it got stuck forever, i think you can never uv max because of them

 

 

something that i really enjoyed:

 

the difficulty, the spider mastermind crusher fight, the last fight cause it took me forever to figure out what to do ( i won't spoil, but i can assure you all that after what you went through, especially all together like i did, you can't possibly have a clear enough mind)

the atmosphere and detail, which were totally fitting and nailed.

I think this map is full of awesome ideas but i think it's not for everyone, i mean it was easier to do 10 sunlust maps in a row and less frustrating and i probably died less times, you have to think carefully about the gameplay, cause nobody knows the map like you.

 

Also i was recording the video but it suddenly stopped because it was taking too much space.

 

 

I feel relaxed now, accomplished, but i swear i hated you so much, i m glad that i could do this without cheating (except for a no clip after that blue key).

 

 

For the other people: PATIENCE, calm down and take deep breaths before doing this one, you will need it!

 

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Zolgia108 said:

1) archi with demons and revenants, i would really love to see someone doing it single segment with no luck

I thought that Arachnotrons wave will be main problem there.  Difficulty of this fight depends of how much rockets you still have

39 minutes ago, Zolgia108 said:

2) the arena with the archi in the middle and arachnotrons around (the one which will spawn 2 archies and several barons right after), there i was so fucking lucky and i mean, i had one bfg shot just because i took bfg before getting there, without it it would have been impossible.

I always run from Archie and barons.. They can go through teleporter as well, so if you run they will hunt you. But still fighting them outside is much easier, and you can use Cyberdemon to kill them. Of course you have to know that first

47 minutes ago, Zolgia108 said:

3) mastermind plus mancubuses plus pain elementals, THAT WAS INSANE i mean i hated you so much, if you want people to hate you that's the best way to get that!

I think I may want people to hate me. I might be very sick man... Anyway When i play it I always clear mancubus on the ground as first, they cause most chaos, then circle strafing and infighting will do the rest. But still i think that something shoud be change here but i have no idea what. Everything works together so well for me that i dont know what should i take it to make this fight less insane, at least a little bit. Maybe more adding more health will do. 

54 minutes ago, Zolgia108 said:

4) second to last fight... i mean... after dying there 100 times i finally managed to get to the cyberdemons and kill there by pure luck: problems there are the stairs (too thin and tall, you can't see a fuck and you can't possibly understand how to avoid shots) and the tight space because of lava, i think that encounter was purely based on luck.

Here i running up and down to make Cyberdemons fight with Cacodemons, so i can have clear BFG shots. Teleports on a side also help in do that.

 

1 hour ago, Zolgia108 said:

Some minor bugs:

1) you get softlocked if you go behind the bench with the hanged corpses on the left of the triple switches

2) you can get some armor bonuses from the outskirts of the small building because they are to close to the walls

3) somehow after i took the first blue key the wall behind me didnt move and i couldnt get out, i had to no clip (maybe its my fault)

4) inside the bloodfall before the final fight i had some problems getting through the hallway, like if there was some kind of impassable invisible wall, check it out

5) in the room where archies and barons spawn there is a teleporter, they can use it as well, sometimes preventing you from getting to the next area without dying, so block monster there please)

About blue key, there is a sneaky switch on a wall. I assuming you didn't hump walls to find get out.

About 5 is not a bug that monsters can use that teleporter, as i means before. I'm not shure if that's what you mean but i can give player and monsters different teleport destination to prevent getting rekt right after teleporting. That's actually a good idea, thank you

Rest of the bug i will check and fix
 

1 hour ago, Zolgia108 said:

something else that was frustrating: plutonian archviles that could actually hit you and revive monsters, you couldnt kill them except with splash damage, and one time i hit one it got stuck forever, i think you can never uv max because of them

For UV maxers there's a way to telefrag him. 

 

Buttom line: I can only agree with you that this map on UV needs patience and is not for everyone. But I dont feel that is pure RNG because you can learn how to deal with every encounter. I think that single segment run is reachable but would require practice. Ofcourse I would love to see that. 

Thank you for playing that on UV. Reading about how much emotion give this map, make me feel very wonderful.
If you don't have enough you can still play with Coop monsters, , but i guess you won't

 

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Pełzająca Część Twarzy said:

I thought that Arachnotrons wave will be main problem there.  Difficulty of this fight depends of how much rockets you still have

I always run from Archie and barons.. They can go through teleporter as well, so if you run they will hunt you. But still fighting them outside is much easier, and you can use Cyberdemon to kill them. Of course you have to know that first

I think I may want people to hate me. I might be very sick man... Anyway When i play it I always clear mancubus on the ground as first, they cause most chaos, then circle strafing and infighting will do the rest. But still i think that something shoud be change here but i have no idea what. Everything works together so well for me that i dont know what should i take it to make this fight less insane, at least a little bit. Maybe more adding more health will do. 

Here i running up and down to make Cyberdemons fight with Cacodemons, so i can have clear BFG shots. Teleports on a side also help in do that.

 

About blue key, there is a sneaky switch on a wall. I assuming you didn't hump walls to find get out.

About 5 is not a bug that monsters can use that teleporter, as i means before. I'm not shure if that's what you mean but i can give player and monsters different teleport destination to prevent getting rekt right after teleporting. That's actually a good idea, thank you

Rest of the bug i will check and fix
 

For UV maxers there's a way to telefrag him. 

 

Buttom line: I can only agree with you that this map on UV needs patience and is not for everyone. But I dont feel that is pure RNG because you can learn how to deal with every encounter. I think that single segment run is reachable but would require practice. Ofcourse I would love to see that. 

Thank you for playing that on UV. Reading about how much emotion give this map, make me feel very wonderful.
If you don't have enough you can still play with Coop monsters, , but i guess you won't

 

M8 i am sorry if you took something as an offense, i think this map was a great effort and well thought, i just think it needs some polish I am not a doom god and i will never be, just an above average i guess, it was my first playthrough so i had to create my own tecniques at first sight, of course i could do a much better run analyzing the map. As for the blue key i am sorry i thought i pressed everywhere (before noclipping it i usually double check a lot) but i must have missed it.

I think you need more people to play this map and give different opinions, mine is just a start :)

 

IN THE MEANTIME, since i played 2 hours and a half your map SWEARING to every saint i know (and i am italian so i know a lot) you should play my Happy megawad, still a work in progress. Since some people are saying that its hard and i think it's not i would love to have your feedback, here is the link! Thanks!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Zolgia108 said:

M8 i am sorry if you took something as an offense, i think this map was a great effort and well thought, i just think it needs some polish I am not a doom god and i will never be, just an above average i guess, it was my first playthrough so i had to create my own tecniques at first sight, of course i could do a much better run analyzing the map. As for the blue key i am sorry i thought i pressed everywhere (before noclipping it i usually double check a lot) but i must have missed it.

I think you need more people to play this map and give different opinions, mine is just a start :)

No, no , no. I don't take anything as an offense. Actually i was very happy to reading about your struggle with my insane stuff.
I just had to explain how i see this things works so the map would not look like it's broken or something, which is not. It's a bad reputation.
Anyway. Bugs from your raport are fix it, small balance changes are done but not much to not lose that nice feel of punishment.
Thanks for your feedback. 

Share this post


Link to post

Looks really good, love the atmosphere. Very difficult. It's awesome!

Share this post


Link to post

The design of this level is as good as it gets!  The difficulty was WAAAAAY too hard.  I doubt that many people can even come close to finishing this.  There are soooo many revenants and chaingunners.  And then later soooo many archies.  Sometimes it's confusing to figure out where to go.  The traps were very tough.  Some of them were fun, like the church, and the garden (good gag), and a few other spots.  But this is just too hard.  But the quality of design is second to none.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Hi, great map! I played on HMP after seeing the other posts talk about the difficulty, and found it to be quite manageable. I might go back and play it on UV to see how much different it is. Anyone complaining about it being too hard should just tone the difficulty down. There were quite a lot of traps that got me, but once you know what's coming it's much easier to deal with.

 

The end fight with the boss did take me quite a while though -- I had to open it up in a map editor just to see what I was supposed to do. That is not obvious at all, especially since the weapons of choice for a fight like that are normally the RL/PG/BFG, none of which trigger the switches. I'm not sure what you could do to telegraph that a little clearer -- maybe replace the columns with a different texture, one that you have to shoot to progress elsewhere in the map? Anyhow once I knew what to do it was pretty simple, and it's an interesting take on a boss fight.

 

I really liked the town/farmhouse theme that is the first half of the map. It's not a very often-seen setting in Doom and I think it fits quite well. The non-linear exploration worked well, and I loved the key-bars-as-signposts you put in the middle of the town. The second half was less interesting just because Hell is such a familiar theme, and the exploration factor goes way down, but it did have its moments -- the castle rising from the blood was especially nice.

 

Unfortunately, I found a number of bugs as well. I played in PrBoom+ in software mode, and there were tons of visual glitches/oddities that likely wouldn't show up in GL modes. (edit: Some probably won't appear in GZDoom in software mode either.) You might want to go back and play it in software in PrB+ to see, or failing that, just make sure to mark it as GL only.

 

There were also some more serious bugs that come from not playing in GZDoom:

 

 

SRaFut0l.png

I got stuck in this pen, because you didn't give the gate out a tag -- anything that's not a door-type linedef action needs a tag for ports outside of the ZDoom family.

 

 

BXtzZ2Tl.png

This timed arena fight took forever for things to properly deploy -- almost 20 minutes by the time the gate with the AV and demons opened. I feel like the timing was slow on some other things as well, though nothing as bad as this. Fortunately PrB+ has a speed-up function...

 

Also you can see your M_DOOM pic is displayed wrong. It shouldn't have an offset, and doesn't need to be in the PP_START/END section. Same with some other graphics like CWILV00.

 

 

XBlcxpkl.png

There was a section on this staircase that wasn't lowered, meaning I couldn't get past without noclipping. I'm not sure what's supposed to happen here... also the path down is quite narrow given that the inside circle is impassable. (Which reminds me, there were other places at the start where I felt the impassable lines were too close to where things were happening, especially at the very start.)

 

Anyhow despite these flaws it was a fun and nice looking map, so kudos!

Edited by plums

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, plums said:

 

 

The end fight with the boss did take me quite a while though -- I had to open it up in a map editor just to see what I was supposed to do. That is not obvious at all, especially since the weapons of choice for a fight like that are normally the RL/PG/BFG, none of which trigger the switches. I'm not sure what you could do to telegraph that a little clearer -- maybe replace the columns with a different texture, one that you have to shoot to progress elsewhere in the map? Anyhow once I knew what to do it was pretty simple, and it's an interesting take on a boss fight.

 

 

Switches? Omg i won that with a archvile jump into the central area ahahahahahah

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, plums said:

Unfortunately, I found a number of bugs as well. I played in PrBoom+ in software mode, and there were tons of visual glitches/oddities that likely wouldn't show up in GL modes. (edit: Some probably won't appear in GZDoom in software mode either.) You might want to go back and play it in software in PrB+ to see, or failing that, just make sure to mark it as GL only.

I afreid i will have to do that. I have a lot problems to make it works with GLBoom+, a specially with conveyor belt that works completely different with different source ports.
 

5 hours ago, plums said:

This timed arena fight took forever for things to properly deploy -- almost 20 minutes by the time the gate with the AV and demons opened. I feel like the timing was slow on some other things as well, though nothing as bad as this. Fortunately PrB+ has a speed-up function...

That's what i'm toking about. At first it was super fast in GLBoom compere to GZDoom. I fix that and now it turned out that is super slow in PRboom, wich of course i was thinking it's fine. I dont even know anymore whats couse this diffrence. Also in that case i'm surprised that rising fortress wasn't broken. 

Anyways thanks very much for feedback and bugs raports. I will fix it what i can, and remove PRboom + from the list of working Source Ports. I consider this as a failure but i will have to live with that.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Pełzająca Część Twarzy said:

I consider this as a failure but i will have to live with that.

I wouldn't say it's a failure, just not as compatible as you'd hoped. Like you said in your text file, "the main goal has always been and should be to make a good map" and on that you certainly succeeded.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Just finished replaying it in GZDoom in software mode on UV, only real bugs I found were a few midtextures that cut through floors (pretty minor) and this room:

cFBw8z1l.png

 

Difficulty wise it wasn't too much worse except for when you first go into the castle, that was quite the onslaught to navigate. I disagree with the other post that said these fights need good RNG; that helps, but if you know what's coming and can route well (e.g. save cells and health for certain key areas) I think it'd be very consistently doable. Usually when I feel like I only live or die based on randomness, it's a sign that the map is too hard for me, not that the map is actually RNG-dependant. Anyhow I do recommend anyone reading this to play on HMP to start.

 

About the scrollers not working in Boom: Seems like that was my fault, sorry! I went back and tried it with -complevel 9 in PrBoom+ and scroll speeds worked as intended. I'm curious what port behaviour changes Boom scroller speeds, most maps seem to work fine without setting a complevel. But anyhow, as long as you play with -complevel 9 the scrollers work properly. (There are still a few other bugs for Boom, but those shouldn't be too hard to fix.)

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/18/2020 at 1:06 AM, plums said:

Just finished replaying it in GZDoom in software mode on UV, only real bugs I found were a few midtextures that cut through floors (pretty minor) and this room:

It should be invisible walls (action 242). I dont know whats wrong with them because i they work correctly for me. Is there some specific way to create them to make 100% sure they will work?

 

On 6/18/2020 at 1:06 AM, plums said:

About the scrollers not working in Boom: Seems like that was my fault, sorry! I went back and tried it with -complevel 9 in PrBoom+ and scroll speeds worked as intended. I'm curious what port behaviour changes Boom scroller speeds, most maps seem to work fine without setting a complevel. But anyhow, as long as you play with -complevel 9 the scrollers work properly. (There are still a few other bugs for Boom, but those shouldn't be too hard to fix.)

i sorry but i have to google what is complevel 9 to understand what you talking about. I will play whole thing on PrBoom+ with that setting. If it gonna work i will add this to description. Did GlBoom are also affected by complevel? Because i find relly strang that in GlBoom i can use every lift without tags

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Pełzająca Część Twarzy said:

i sorry but i have to google what is complevel 9 to understand what you talking about. I will play whole thing on PrBoom+ with that setting. If it gonna work i will add this to description. Did GlBoom are also affected by complevel? Because i find relly strang that in GlBoom i can use every lift without tags

 

So PrBoom+ (and GLBoom+) can emulate various behaviours of other ports: Vanilla Doom, Boom, MBF, and others. The complevel switch you add to the command line, and says what behaviour to emulate; '-complevel 9' is Boom. You can also set this in Options -> General -> 2nd page -> Default Compatibility Level.

 

It seems like Boom treats some scrollers differently than other complevels. I'm not sure why.

 

For lifts without tags, there's a setting in PrBoom+ to allow using linedefs with no tag, so maybe you have that enabled. Technically it's a mapping error to have no tag though, and people don't usually have that setting enabled.

 

I'll take a look at the invisible wall later to see what the issue is.

Share this post


Link to post

For the invisible wall: you only want one linedef to have the 242 type, and you want it to face the other direction from how it's facing now -- the tagged sector gets the properties of the sector of the FIRST sidedef.

 

For the voodoo dolls that aren't working consistently: it's all the ones that have tag 20 that were causing the problem. If you scale them up so that the linedef that controls the movement speed is 32 units they should all work fine in any complevel. But like I said it also works as long as the player enforces Boom compatibility in PrBoom+ with -complevel 9 or whatever,

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, plums said:

For the invisible wall: you only want one linedef to have the 242 type, and you want it to face the other direction from how it's facing now -- the tagged sector gets the properties of the sector of the FIRST sidedef.

 

For the voodoo dolls that aren't working consistently: it's all the ones that have tag 20 that were causing the problem. If you scale them up so that the linedef that controls the movement speed is 32 units they should all work fine in any complevel. But like I said it also works as long as the player enforces Boom compatibility in PrBoom+ with -complevel 9 or whatever,

Thank you very much for help. I fix that, also I hunt down every clipping texture in software mode i could find. I think I will stay with Complevel 9, i'm afraid if i change movement speed it will mess up something else 
But out of curiosity I have to ask if scrolling floor have to always have the same movement speed (32 unit) to work the same in various Complevles/source port?

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Pełzająca Część Twarzy said:

I have to ask if scrolling floor have to always have the same movement speed (32 unit) to work the same in various Complevles/source port?

No, but clearly some line lengths don't work the same in all complevels. I'm actually not sure what line lengths cause problems; this is actually the first time I've seen this kind of problem with voodoo dolls on different complevels. It's something I'd like to test at some point, but haven't felt like doing it just yet.

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/22/2020 at 6:41 AM, NoisyVelvet said:

here's a quick playthrough attempt.  recorded in prboom+

woah that's a bigger map than expected.  looked at the monster count after dying.

cool looking stuff.

I've run it up but I'm afraid you don't even finish prologue.

Share this post


Link to post

I played your map on uv and really enjoyed it. Most fights felt fair and were quite manageable. I even survived the chaingunner trap in the barn fitst attempt. Architecture is also really well-made.

 

I had quite a bit of problems with the fight on the marble stairs, don't really know how to kill cybers without rushing to them and hoping not to eat a rocket. 

In the boss-fight it took me a long time to understand the objective, I didn't even noticed at first those pillars I need to shoot. But maybe I just got tired closer to the end of the map.

I think barons are a bit overused in this map, you can easily replace at least some of them with HKs. 

 

I recorded a video and it's processing now:

Spoiler

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, el_inf said:

I played your map on uv and really enjoyed it. Most fights felt fair and were quite manageable. I even survived the chaingunner trap in the barn fitst attempt. Architecture is also really well-made.

 

I had quite a bit of problems with the fight on the marble stairs, don't really know how to kill cybers without rushing to them and hoping not to eat a rocket. 

In the boss-fight it took me a long time to understand the objective, I didn't even noticed at first those pillars I need to shoot. But maybe I just got tired closer to the end of the map.

I think barons are a bit overused in this map, you can easily replace at least some of them with HKs. 

 

I recorded a video and it's processing now:

Thank you very much for feedback. I must say that you very resourceful and you deal with most area very well. 
Intended way to kill cyberdemon on a marble stairs was to make them infight with Cacodemons cloud, so you can sneak on them and shoot BFG from up close.

I see on you video that blue room with Spider-demon was not work as it should, on which Source Port are you play? 

Share this post


Link to post

I played on gl-boom but I didn't specify compatibility. Should have played with cl 9 but forgot to do so

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×