Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noisebloom

E1M1 Multiverse RELEASE - 2.4

14 minutes ago, Theshyguy489 said:

Very Cool. I like what I see. Thanks for changing the music in my map, It fits better than the KF2 music I originally used.

Yup, only did it because of copyright concerns. 

Glad you like it man, thanks for leading the way! 

13 hours ago, Bushpig2dope said:

Had a great time mapping for this project!

Yeah - it was a fun time. Thanks for the sick MC map!

Kudos for the RC1 release, its a fun mapset, and glad you took over as the lead, it would've been a pity to leave this project to die out before a proper release candidate.

Agreed with the above. It's a short and sweet wad. The first half of maps of the maps are my favorite.

There are just some hanging decorations that block your movement in some wide open maps and they are out of your vision, so this can become annoying if you have infinite height on. Oh, and the wolfenstein map could probably use the sprite fix mod that gives the ss their full rotational sprites, so that you know whether they are infighting or shooting at you.

Don't really have to say something more for now, good wad. Great improvement from the beta

On 6/18/2020 at 9:13 PM, Lokatzis 007 CJ said:

Agreed with the above. It's a short and sweet wad. The first half of maps of the maps are my favorite.

There are just some hanging decorations that block your movement in some wide open maps and they are out of your vision, so this can become annoying if you have infinite height on. Oh, and the wolfenstein map could probably use the sprite fix mod that gives the ss their full rotational sprites, so that you know whether they are infighting or shooting at you.

Don't really have to say something more for now, good wad. Great improvement from the beta

Thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! We'll definitely keep in mind for the next rev, as we have some bugs to fix.

Love this, with the concept and crossover with other games. Can't get enough of E1M1 multiverse maps!

v2.4 has been uploaded to idgames:

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/m-o/multiverse

Tagging all map devs:

@ShadesMaster

@sanicstudios

@Theshyguy489

@Sir Hattington

@Solmyr

@Bushpig2dope

@DJVCardMaster

@Crunchynut44

@YeOldeFellerNoob

Thanks again to everyone who worked on this WAD, beta-tested it, gave advice, etc. Super happy that we saw this through to completion!

On 7/26/2020 at 3:45 PM, GoosebumpsFan said:

It would be kind of fun to build the minecraft one in actual minecraft.

Nice job!

Should be able to do it 1:1 if I didnt confuse any of my stair / slab placements! 

This was the first WAD I've ever played and I'd like to say well done to all involved. I had a lot of fun with it and I can't wait to see what else people here have made. There are some very creative people here. 

16 hours ago, Peadar2211 said:

This was the first WAD I've ever played

Whoa! You you need to check some more WADs out, friend!

44 minutes ago, noisebloom said:

Whoa! You you need to check some more WADs out, friend!

I definitely will. I've downloaded loads of them and thought this one would be a fun one to start with. 

One comment is that I softlocked myself in the Hangar City map by jumping into the cyberdemon room before getting the blue key from the platform with the revenants (because I thought the door leading to the blue key was the blue key door). I had no alternative but to no clip my way out. I don't know if these are the kinds of things that you want to iron out or if I'm just an idiot.

Edited by Peadar2211

1 hour ago, Peadar2211 said:

I definitely will. I've downloaded loads of them and thought this one would be a fun one to start with. 

One comment is that I softlocked myself in the Hangar City map by jumping into the cyberdemon room before getting the blue key from the platform with the revenants (because I thought the door leading to the blue key was the blue key door). I had no alternative but to no clip my way out. I don't know if these are the kinds of things that you want to iron out or if I'm just an idiot.

generally jumping isn't allowed in WADS. Maps that arent designed to have it can be broken like this :)

Hey there! I just played the map pack and I had a lot of fun with it, thank you for posting this and for the work of everyone involved. Some really creative, some really beautiful, and really unorthodox takes on the concept. :) I did find one bug in one of the maps, pictured below. I'm not sure what happened there, but I thought I'd mention it.

Again thank you all for your hard work!

Screenshot_20200730_203645.png

Screenshot_20200730_203635.png

14 hours ago, Cheshire Sphinx said:

Hey there! I just played the map pack and I had a lot of fun with it, thank you for posting this and for the work of everyone involved. Some really creative, some really beautiful, and really unorthodox takes on the concept. :) I did find one bug in one of the maps, pictured below. I'm not sure what happened there, but I thought I'd mention it.

Again thank you all for your hard work!

Screenshot_20200730_203645.png

Screenshot_20200730_203635.png

Yep, I mentioned this one to @ShadesMaster, but not sure if we ever figured out what was missing here...

20 hours ago, Bushpig2dope said:

generally jumping isn't allowed in WADS. Maps that arent designed to have it can be broken like this :)

Since this is a GZDoom project, you can force disable jump in a MAPINFO map definition with "NoJump".  You could add this to all of the maps that have known issues with jumping, or just apply it to the entire project for a final release.  "NoCrouch" and "NoFreelook" are similar options for other potentially problematic elements.

I didn't want to comment on this as I wasn't sure if it was going off topic but maybe I used the word "jump" incorrectly. I didn't get airborne. I just strafe ran from the revenant platform over the gap into the cyberdemon room and became stuck. Not even SR50. So that's not what you would call a jump then?  

Just as with any and every community project, it's a very mixed bag.

First of all: if you're remaking Doom[ 1]'s map - why using Doom II format and monsters? Doesn't feel like Doom [1] anymore.

And then there are custom monsters and even weapon. Why? I know that there are some strange people that just can't map for Doom [1] with excuse "it has a limited roster". OK then, you already made it in Doom II format. But no, gotta add more.

Hangar Alpha would be perfect - if not for mentioned custom actors. Otherwise the design is very good.

Hangarway surely shines the brightest here. The best map of the whole package (with Alpha being second).

Hangar Jr. - concept widely popular in tight circles (intended). Of which I'm not a member. (I.e. not my cup of tea, but I won't judge solely on that.)

Docking Hangar - third best map. Unfamiliar enough to provide freshness and challenge yet still showing enough recognizable homages.

Hell's Hangar - people often use "yet another techbase" as a joke and sometimes as an insult, somehow missing that "Doom is Hell" is almost equally popular design. But this one is good enough to stand apart from the rest of "red bricks, blood and lava" levels.

Hangarstein 3D - not flat enough. Nah, just kidding. Decent level.

Resident Evil - usually I would ask "why, just why", but this one surely good. (Not a fan of "let's remade this game in that game engine" idea, but this one I like.)

...a-a-and from that point it's all went downhill pretty quickly. Like, Formula 1 on nitro from Everest quickly.

I thought that Hangar City was the worst, giving off the familiar vibe "technical skill over creativity" that I've seen in our national AMV "contest" back in the day.

Boy, was I wrong. The last map surely looks like straight out of jokeWAD or similar "contest". Not funny, didn't laugh.

Surely there are good maps here, but overall I just can't but wonder how can anyone consider it Cacowards worthy. Unless it's someone first custom WAD (which actually was for at least one of the users mentioning it in the corresponding thread).

But anyway - this was interesting and I'm thankful for the first half of the WAD.