Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Smite of Disrespect

How is total time calculated?

How is the total time spent playing an episode calculated when playing Chocolate Doom for example? Do I simply add up the time for each level? Do fractions of a second not matter in the total time?

I am practicing in my free time and while I am not a good speedrunner by any means I still like to keep track of my personal bests.

Also, is there a minimum skill level required for submitting demos? I would like to submit demos for PWADs that no one has posted demos for (such as DBP20). I promise I will grind for a PB first instead of submitting my very first completion ever.

The time that matters is the in-game timer, which drops fractions of a second at the end of each level.

And no, there's no minimum skill level required, especially if there aren't already dozens of demos like there are for E1M1.

Submitting demos for PWADs which do not have records yet is known as "table filling" and is accepted with open arms here.

Submitting non-record demos is far more rare. I would recommend posting them in the "Personal Bests" thread stickied to this subforum. There's a good reason you don't see 200 people on the archive for e1m1 :)