Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
printz

Boom wads with MAPINFO, ZMAPINFO or UMAPINFO

What Boom compatible (or Doom compatible) wads do you know which have MAPINFO, ZMAPINFO or UMAPINFO to give a better experience to ZDoom players (or respectively PrBoom+UMAPINFO players), but due to lack of EMAPINFO, won't have the same improvements in Eternity?

I'd like to have a collection of them, so I can test them in a possible fix for Eternity to read those lumps as well.

The first one I know is "2002 A Doom Odyssey" (2002adv2.zip). What others do you know?

It's nothing that ever got released, but if you are interested in supporting the feature, I got a modified version of Cleimos lying around where I used ZDoom's "Specialaction" feature to modify the ending of the last level so that Barons, the Spider Mastermind and the Cyberdemon all trigger a death action.

Technically that's nothing fancy and easily supportable by Eternity so it's your call.

On 6/15/2020 at 3:02 PM, printz said:

The first one I know is "2002 A Doom Odyssey"

Haha, the first thing that comes to my mind :)

Blood Stain by Pipicz has only one mapinfo like odyssey

Edited by SilverMiner

NEIS have some maps that can only be acceded in zdoom base ports, much like 2002ado made back then, and eternity.

I'm quite interested in this feature, and i hope more sourceport aknowledge it and maybe properly apply it (Crispy, and Woof! would benefit greatly with this. And thinking on DoomRetro with almost infinite dehacked stuff and multiple map progression just blows my head).

Edited by P41R47

Well, in Crispy you can at least IDCLEV or -warp to these "inaccessible" maps, just not enter them by normal progression because none of the MAPINFO lump formats is currently supported. 

1 hour ago, fabian said:

Well, in Crispy you can at least IDCLEV or -warp to these "inaccessible" maps, just not enter them by normal progression because none of the MAPINFO lump formats is currently supported. 

Oh, yes! But thats not what i meant. Doom always have a linear progression, aside from the possible non-linearity of it maps.