Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rackevin

What are all the Doomworld ranks?

5 minutes ago, StevenC21 said:

Hey now, calling him out like that is dangerously close to discrimination!

I am happy for him, not calling him out. Just bringing that up makes you oldschoolexist! XD

28 minutes ago, LiT_gam3r said:

You're the first open Oldschoolexual on Doomworld, so you have contributed something. XD

It's true. Users like dew, rd and jmickle were very supportive, even despite others like 40oz accusing me of bold-faced wadism in the 21st century..

3 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

It's true. Users like dew, rd and jmickle were very supportive, even despite others like 40oz accusing me of bold-faced wadism in the 21st century..

I'm sorry to hear of your past trauma. It's truly sad seeing how oldschoolophobic the modern day society is.

This forum is getting overrun with radical oldschoolophobes, with their "GZDooms" and their "OpenGL widescreen support". Admins need to crack down on these hateful attitudes!

8 minutes ago, StevenC21 said:

"This forum is getting overrun with radical oldschoolophobes, with their "GZDooms" and their "OpenGL widescreen support". Admins need to crack down on these hateful attitudes!"

... said the oldschoolphobe to the Klan leader. LoL

4 hours ago, Doomkid said:

As the person with the highest forum reputation, I can confirm that all I've done to earn that position is post pretentious, snarky, smug, drama queen comments without actually contributing anything to the community.

As the person with the highest forum reputation

My man.

4 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Wow, we have a wadist in the community? #cancelled

46 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Damn, I unintentionally sniffed my own farts with that post..

Sometimes a Dutch oven kinda hits though.. Can't lie. Who doesn't love their own brand every now and then?

11 hours ago, Doomkid said:

As the person with the highest forum reputation, I can confirm that all I've done to earn that position is post pretentious, snarky, smug, drama queen comments without actually contributing anything to the community.

I, too, am on the leaderboards and can confess to the same crimes. I've also cooked my victims and ate them after I was done with them.

"Murderer!!!"

11 hours ago, sluggard said:

But then you still have this to solve, so it's not at all equal

Well I'm not saying that such cases do not exist, oh no, they very much do, especially when the person in question is pursuing insignificant ego gratification or just wants to rally people against someone they hate, but in the case of DW at least, I can't say I've witnessed too much of this behavior.

11 hours ago, StevenC21 said:

This forum is getting overrun with radical oldschoolophobes, with their "GZDooms" and their "OpenGL widescreen support". Admins need to crack down on these hateful attitudes!

hey! Just because I prefer my wad with features it doesn't mean I discriminate against oldschoolexuals! I respect all wadisms, despite playing on GZDooM.

2 hours ago, kalaeth said:

hey! Just because I prefer my wad with features it doesn't mean I discriminate against oldschoolexuals! I respect all wadisms, despite playing on GZDooM.

I second this, except I use ZDoom.

Also if I wanted a custom title it would be:

"Why don't I have a custom title by now?!"

Serious. 

16 hours ago, sluggard said:

Like / Reaction systems are trash in general, all they do is encourage pretentious, snarky or smug comments and attract attention-seeking drama queens, I'd rather they just get rid of it, a thanks comment isn't the hardest thing to write.

I'd be interested if you could post examples of said comments recieving lots of Likes on DW? It's my experience that such comments tend to receive very little positive reaction here at all.

2 hours ago, Good-Old said:

Also if I wanted a custom title it would be:

"Why don't I have a custom title by now?!"

Serious. 

Make over 7000 comments then and it's yours to keep.

1 minute ago, LiT_gam3r said:

@seed But you only have 8000 posts. how do you have the name? LoL

9 minutes ago, seed said:

Make over 7000 comments then and it's yours to keep.

Last I checked 8000 is more than 7000.

21 minutes ago, seed said:

Last I checked 8000 is more than 7000.

only if you subscribe to imperialist mathematics! 

4 minutes ago, kalaeth said:

only if you subscribe to imperialist mathematics! 

when you posted this, it was your 206th post, so it says you are a bony member. Pretty cool!

sorry that this is a seperate post, but I was wondering who the moderators on Doomworld are so I can beg them for a custom title.

2 hours ago, LiT_gam3r said:

sorry that this is a seperate post, but I was wondering who the moderators on Doomworld are so I can beg them for a custom title.

Pro-tip: Don't.

why is 911 : Forgotten Member

also, why is 5150 : Par for the course

I get the rest.

also, have you ever seen somebody called loser? 

finally, do you become a moderator as soon as you become a Forum Legend, or something like that?

1 hour ago, LiT_gam3r said:

why is 911 : Forgotten Member

also, have you ever seen somebody called loser? 

finally, do you become a moderator as soon as you become a Forum Legend, or something like that?

*911 is a reference to people forgetting to call the local emergency number 911.

*In the older times before the 2017 transition, yes.

*Who told you so?

1 minute ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

*Who told you so?

just an assumption. but I'm not sure. 

15 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

*911 is a reference to people forgetting to call the local emergency number 911.

It's a reference to 9/11 and the SA meme "we forgot".

1 hour ago, LiT_gam3r said:

No. That would be absurd, moderation is not and should never be treated as an automatic achievement.

On 6/22/2020 at 3:01 PM, Bauul said:

I'd be interested if you could post examples of said comments recieving lots of Likes on DW? It's my experience that such comments tend to receive very little positive reaction here at all.

I'd post some other threads but I'd rather not open another can of worms, some pure cringe getting a lot of likes for some reason lol, granted it's nowhere near as frequent as other places that have it so disregard that post.

On 6/22/2020 at 10:23 AM, seed said:

I, too, am on the leaderboards and can confess to the same crimes. I've also cooked my victims and ate them after I was done with them.

"Murderer!!!".

So edgy and cool /s

Edited by sluggard

20 minutes ago, LiT_gam3r said:

@TheNoob_Gamer said every ten years, they let you change your name. Really? 

Spoiler

Unfortunately, your mind can't absorb the joke, so I can't give you an answer.

@TheNoob_Gamer Well, the topic was made in November of 2001, so if it was every ten years, it would only be a year from now, so it didn't seem like a joke. if it was like 9 years away, then I would get it. 

Hey, mine's a double entendre and therefore cooler than the rest of yalls.

I didn't even ask for mine, a couple people had commented on a status of mine and pinged Ling about it and bam. Coolest rank.