Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FireballCaco

Best video game ever (that's not DOOM)?

Best video game that's not DOOM? Ohoho I already have an answer, and that's Unreal + Return to Napali expansion. This game still blows me away, even today. My favorite as a kid and still my favorite of all time!

2 hours ago, Pseudonaut said:

I'm still addicted to a rhythm game called "osu!" and will probably reach 700 hours in it today.

Great game, used to play it a lot to improve my reaction time for LoL.

1. Doom 2 (including all user-made content)

2. Halo: combat evolved

3. Ninja Gaiden Black

4. C&C: Kane's Wrath

5. Mortal Kombat 9

Deus Ex

Final Fantasy VI

Fallout 2

Half Life

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Starcraft Brood War

Pokemon Crystal

Duke Nukem 3D

UT99

Sonic CD

Minecraft

In that order.

Whilst not the greatest game of all time, one of my most favourite sandbox games I've ever played is Starbound. If you like No Man's Sky with 1000's of mods and gameplay that's slightly less tedious, then I recommend Starbound. :)

Personal "Best Video Game besides DooM?"

Can I cast my vote for G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero on NES? You could build a custom team for each mission, purposely upgrade individual firepower (Rock & Roll I'm looking at you) and the sense of urgency was perfect.   

On 6/21/2020 at 11:10 PM, STILES said:

I'll probably say Starcraft Brood War is a very close second if not tied for number 1 with Doom.

this starcraft broodwar is the doom of RTS

they both have the primate in their category but if you mean fps i could say duke nukem 3d

On 9/18/2020 at 11:33 PM, CyberDestroyer said:

I cried at the end of episode 2 but i wont spoil it for yall

Yeah it's a real shame that we will never see an Ep3 :-(

Best games besides Doom (or, those games besides the Dooms I have spent most time on):

Lemmings 1 / 2 (Amiga 500)

Flimbo's Quest (Commodore 64)

Starcraft / Brood War

GTA 2

Super Mario 64 (Nintendo 64)

Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo 64)

Duke Nukem 3D

Shadow Warrior

I think that would go to minecraft. Hear me out. There is so much you can do with one copy of minecraft its absurd. Vanliia is packed with content and things to do. It's always being updated by devs that listen to the players. Plus you buy minecraft you own minecraft, no paid dlc that everyone hates. You have access to every version of the game all the way back to the cavegame tests. Minecraft in my eyes is the modern doom. Not for gameplay or anything just for the community. Both doom and minecraft have billions of custom content from maps to mods to texture packs and more, Plus both games can be customized how you want to play it. I'm not a minecraft nerd. I like the game and play the game but im not a fanboy. In closing minecraft may very well be the best game ever made. If not it's certainly up there.

Thunder Force IV.

Or Gunstar Heroes.

I'd pop either of those bad boys in any day of the week..

I'm a sk8r boi myself, so the old Tony Hawks games, Skate 2 and 3 and the new Skater XL, all very fun!