Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FireballCaco

Best video game ever (that's not DOOM)?

Wizardry 8!

It might just be the honeymoon phase, but I haven't had such a massive initial positive reaction in a long time. It annoys me that games haven't ripped off Wiz8 more. The Fellowship Saga is coming soon though.

Or maybe NWN for user modules. Swordflight is a must play.

Best video game ever? That's like someone asking you which one of your kids is your favorite!!! LOL. But that's a tough question. I guess I'm going with ARMA.

Unreal, MK Arcade, Deus Ex, Blood, Contra, Super Mario Bros, Batman Arkham series, and more.

But seriously, without paying attention to the genre it's impossible to call any game the "best game ever", that's as subjective as you can ever get.

Edited by seed

It is whatever I feel it is at the time, and yeah, that means I don't always feel its Doom. :P 

Can't pick one, there's just too many. Doom, Quake 1/2/3, DN3D SW, UT99, UT2004, Serious Sam, Painkiller, PST, DNMP, Diablo 2, Morrowind, Oblivion, TF2, MGRR, SW2013, SW2, Doom 2016, Doom Eternal, Borderlands 1/2, L4D, L4D2, Postal 2, Sacred, Civ4, Witcher 3, Tribes Ascend I could go on and on.

But if I absolutely had to pick a single game, i.e. in a "stuck on a deserted island/serving a life sentence", I'd have to go with The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth, simply because it has potentially infinite replay value.

For me i played a lot of the early 3D GTA games; GTA III, VC and SA. When a new one came out i had to have it. I was quite young but i LOVED them. I bought them on PS2 and later on Xbox when i got one. Now i own them on PC but i think that San Andreas will always be my all time favorite if not for the over the top "hood mentality". The life that i never had lol. Plus there is just so much you can do AND it has the best cheat codes out of all of them.

So GTA: SA for me.

For something really classic uhh maybe Sonic the Hedgehog or Mario 3 or Super Mario World.

The Batman Arkham series, easily. And yes I'm including Origins in that y'all are haters.

On 7/1/2020 at 3:06 PM, Maximum Matt said:

Alex Kidd In Miracle World

I'm hoping that's worlds better than Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle, which I thought was terrible.

As for my choice... Serious Sam Fusion 2017 has done me the great favour of compiling together the canon entries of my favourite series in one lump, so that.

Forza Horizon 4 is a close second, so I'll also give it a mention. The whole series is great (although I've not played 2, yet).

16 minutes ago, Toilet_Wine_Connoisseur said:

Thats easy. Pathologic 

image.png.767c72516ce9dbd2a9c19fa47c999a6a.png

From the same development team (Icepick Lodge) i want to mention The Void/Turgor/Tenssion

Fucking awesome experience, hard as hell, amazing concept, artistic to the max without restrictions, and once you understand what is the goal, the game is really open ended, with like...15+ different endings.

EXPECT HUGE MINDFUCK TO THE MAX!!!

Just be adviced, there are some nude chicks around, not dancing, not doing anything shameful, just wearing colours (main source of life, power, ammo, change currency) on some artistic poses. But there is a patch for those that don't want to see boobies (But seriously, nothing in the vein of Duke depiction of women).

Spoiler

1_30hr_H7yUbkydbvGvPjnxw.png.581dc2d98a2f273ac26c21bbe30faf51.png

mantid.png.23c633c35e8cbf28a36f3cd960b357c9.png

ss_01b16a79d65d33bd9b9b5efe983ee2ea79bcc8e3.1920x1080.jpg.ad8ce322e7c95f54bcfad58044c8ed3f.jpg

On 6/22/2020 at 12:52 AM, Hypnotik said:

Best video game ever? That's like someone asking you which one of your kids is your favorite!!! LOL. But that's a tough question. I guess I'm going with ARMA.

your favorite child is Arma! I'm sure the other ones do not like that!

Fallout, Portal, and Half-Life. With Half-Life, the sequels blow the original out of the water. But I like how Portal and HL both are in the same universe and you can see area where each mentions each other. With Black Mesa and the Combine mentioned in Portal, or the Borealis and Aperture in HL2. Fallout (Mainly NV), has player choice/freedom, and multiple endings with varying weapons and even more unique companions and characters.

QUAKE 3 ARENA (for me the best fps ever created).

quake3arena.jpg

Edited by aB1s

Quake. Final Fantasy 6 is also near and dear to me. And GoldenEye. Timesplitters: Future Perfect has the best console multiplayer I've ever played. I've probably put more hours in to Soldier of Fortune 2 than any other game aside from Doom and Quake, so it's on the list.

But yeah, if I had to choose a favorite game besides Doom, it would be Quake.

6 minutes ago, DooM Bear said:

Fallout: New Vegas :-D

That, DooM and Half-life were the biggest influences on growing up :-)

Fallout: New Vegas was a fantastic game. I really don't have anything to follow up with, but it was an amazing game. Especially once it was patched, and some mods added on when playing on PC, Obsidian did an amazing job with it, given the timeframe they had.

As with the best song thread, it's silly to imply that any such thing exists. 

On 6/22/2020 at 12:37 AM, PaquoCastor said:

Wizardry 8!

Fuck, yes. That game is brilliant. One of the most underrated games for sure. I almost never hear anyone mention it.