Duke Nukem 3D Or Ion Fury?

Duke or Fury?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Duke Nukem 3D
    • Ion Fury
    • Both

Ion Fury's good.

I feel like it drags on a bit, and there are WAY too many of those spider robot things (didn't you know? It's not a BUILD game unless there are annoying floor-critters everywhere!) but it's a good ride. I'd call it my favourite BUILD game, but I don't really see what the fuss is all about over Blood. It's okay.

Although I have been a fan of Duke3D for a long time, I am going with Ion Fury. It has become my favorite BUILD engine game due to it borrowing the best elements from the 3 build engine games (i.e Duke3D, Blood and SW) coupled with modern/polished level design.

For me, Blood is at 2nd place and Duke3D comes at 3rd place.

6 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

Although I have been a fan of Duke3D for a long time, I am going with Ion Fury. It has become my favorite BUILD engine game due to it borrowing the best elements from the 3 build engine games (i.e Duke3D, Blood and SW) coupled with modern/polished level design.

For me, Blood is at 2nd place and Duke3D comes at 3rd place.

What about Shadow Warrior?

11 minutes ago, The Strife Commando said:

What about Shadow Warrior?

I place it 4th

Id go for Duke's Slavic brother Liquidator.

(Duke 3D. Primarily because well, Ion Fury builds (heh) upon that foundation and improves it in every way, but the OG is the OG.)

I voted for both.

But, my canon would be Blood > IF > SW > Duke > Exhumed.

6 hours ago, wheresthebeef said:

A 'both' option really feels like a copout

My build engine order is Blood > Duke3D > Ion > Shadow Warrior

I have a saying, if you sit on the fence comfortably, then that just means you have no balls.

Duke 3D. Definitely Duke 3D. Dick Kickem's character is just simply too damn memorable and iconic for me to put another build engine game above it. 

Duke 3D. I liked Ion Fury a lot but i found that i got a bit to distracted by how "pretty" the game looked and also by how interactive everything was. I'd stop to pick up all of the food and interact with everything and it would totally slow me down (even though its not mandatory). Also i stopped to look at how nice the game looked quite a bit too (which isn't a bad thing) but it did distract me a little at first. But damn the gameplay is nice and smooth. It is a lot harder than Duke though, gameplay wise.

Now, don't get me wrong. I did like the interactivity. I just got distracted is all haha! But i wouldn't have it anyother way tbh. I loved it! I still like Dukes personality 10x better though but that's just me. I didn't find anything special about Shelly tbh. I also prefer the game to be split up in levels, like how Duke is but that's just me being oldschool.

Ion Fury. Duke3D has way too many annoying as shit maps. And all the random stupid mini-bosses that need you to cheese them before you are allowed to continue playing on hard doesn't help. 

I haven‘t played Ion Fury yet, but I expect it to be better than Duke 3d because it has 20+ years of FPS history to take into account. 

Duke 3D for me is far more replayable, Ion Fury really drags ass in the middle portion (Some would say the space episode in Duke drags as well but i dont mind the space levels as much) and the weapons/beastiary arent as interesting as Dukes to me.

My build lineup from best to worst is Blood > Duke3D > Ion Fury > Shadow Warrior > Redneck Rampage