Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FireballCaco

What's the best movie you've ever seen?

7 hours ago, Doomkid said:

THE FINAL SACRIFICE

With or without MST3K commentary? I love Zap Rowsdower as much as the next person, but you really need the commentary. By far my favorite MST3K episode. Second would probably be Jack Frost.

Anyway, my favorite film would probably be Full Metal Jacket. Favorite comedy would be a toss-up between Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and Shaun of the Dead, although Hot Fuzz really comes close to beating out Shaun of the Dead, but it gets a little bit long in the teeth towards the end. Favorite horror film would be Hellraiser 2.

there's 3 I like a lot and consider them the "best movies" :

Blade Runner (the sequel ain't bad at all but it never reaches the same heights as the first one)

Dune (yes, the Lynch one, don't care about it being a different story from the book, I love it.)

They Live (in it's fully cheesy 80s glory!)

18 hours ago, Jello said:

With or without MST3K commentary? I love Zap Rowsdower as much as the next person, but you really need the commentary. By far my favorite MST3K episode. Second would probably be Jack Frost.

Oh, it definitely needs that MST3K commentary. I also gotta mention Space Mutiny and Manos, of course. Hell, most MST episodes are hilarious.

Hard to pick any one of them, so here are some of my absolute all-time favorites:

All Harry Potter movies

All Fast and Furious movies

The first 3 Pirates of the Caribbean movies

Mission Impossible 3, Ghost Protocol, Fallout

Night at the Museum movies

Finding Nemo, Finding Dory

Sonic The Hedgehog 2020

Terminator 2 & Dark Fate

The Jungle Book 2016

The Transporter 2002

The Conjuring 1 & 2

Fantastic Beasts 1

Toy Story 3 & 4

Jurassic Park

Inception

Gifted

Edited by Rosh Fragger

Always difficult to choose my favourite movie.

It's between Terminator 2 and The Thing

1 hour ago, Rosh Fragger said:

All Fast and Furious movies

Interesting to see this mentioned.

FNF used to be a favorite of mine, and it honestly kinda still is, but I think that it completely changing direction from JDM and tuning culture from the early days into action movies with cars in between was a real bad decision. I used to like that idea, until I rewatched the movies side by side, and I personally feel that it really should have stopped way back at Tokyo Drift.

Make no mistake, I'm not the kind of person who refuses change and is stuck in the past, but in this case I just don't think changing the direction so much has helped the series, in fact, I'd argue it did more harm than good. The Need for Speed movie completely blows the newer FNF movies, what FNF has not been in over a decade. FNF just completely forgot where it started and what it used to be about.

The Matrix, Akira, Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Hunted, Blueberry (called Renegade in the US), Hellraiser, Session 9, Super Troopers, Space Balls, Grandma's Boy, Back to the Future, Milo and Otis, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Ong Bak, 28 Days Later, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Paprika...

Really hard to just choose one. Of all these I have definitely watched the Matrix the most number of times... So many that the last time I watched it, I was almost ready to be done with it for good, but I feel like I will still go back to it eventually. So I guess that's my pick. And unlike Tarantino, I won't let the flaws of the sequels suppress my appreciation for the original.

On 7/13/2020 at 8:16 PM, Doomkid said:

Oh, it definitely needs that MST3K commentary. I also gotta mention Space Mutiny and Manos, of course. Hell, most MST episodes are hilarious.

Just wanted to make sure. Yeah Space Mutiny was great, and Manos is a classic. But it's really one of the few Joel episodes I really liked. He's a great writer, but he's so deadpan that his delivery feels off. Except in Manos, hit the nail on the head with that one. Really almost all the episodes with Mike were great, whereas Joel was kind of hit or miss for me. Which might be blasphemy, since he basically created the show, but I can't think of a single bland episode with Mike. Parts: The Clonus Horror was great, as was Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders, Puma Man, Soultaker. And I'm also pretending Seasons 11 and 12 don't exist. 

On 7/12/2020 at 12:22 AM, HorrorMovieGuy said:

As far as I care, Evil Dead 2 is the best movie ever made. There are many movies I wanna mention here, but Evil Dead 2 just has them all beat for me personally.

Another shout out here for ED2. 

Evil-Dead-2-Blu-ray.jpg

My personal favorite is Escape From New York. It's not a perfect film, but it absolutely played to my tastes in a way nothing else has since.

On 7/15/2020 at 12:57 PM, Taw Tu'lki said:

Карлик Нос (2003). The good russian cartoon.

Never seen it, but it reminded me that I forgot the best movie I've ever seen: Иди и смотри (Come and See). It just fucking destroyed me the first time I watched it. And it kept doing it each time I watched it. It is such a powerfully crushing film, that words really can't convey how brutal it is. And it's based on things that actually happened during World War 2, actual human beings performed unspeakably barbaric acts, and actual humans lived through them. I would say it's a far more powerful film than Schindler's List, and honestly the cinematography is better. It just really gives you a feeling of hopelessness. That the main character loses his hearing early on due to a bombing raid makes most of the movie very muted, on purpose, since you're hearing it through his ears, it becomes a very surreal experience. It's a beautiful piece of art, and I'm kind of disappointed that I forgot about it, because it is absolutely the best movie I've ever seen.

I'm a bit puzzled that nobody has mentioned "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" yet. Now that one's a true masterpiece of filmmaking like few others and unlike most other highly regarded films it's also very entertaining.

For horror I agree on The Thing, I doubt there will ever be a better horror film, this one nearly perfected the genre.

Very hard ranking all the movies I ever watched, someone between The Martian and Ocean's Eleven I think (I would also like to mention Interestellar, Alien, Goodfelas, The Wolf of Wall Street and The Hangover 1)

There's a shed load of them. I'll toss a few in off the top of my head.

The original Star Wars trilogy, Terminator, Evil Dead 2 and 3, Night/Dawn/Day of the living dead, Scar Face, Alien 1 and 2, Predator and last but not least The Thing. I was also partial to the Friday the 13th (3, 6 and 7) movies. There's probably more I'm forgetting.

There is no best one for me, but the ones I mentioned are all first class in my opinion.

I like actions movies, and all of John Wick had make me say it's one of the best.

I believe there is no such a thing as an objectively greatest movie of all time. Everyone has their favorites, but that's different. 

43 minutes ago, Ajora said:

I believe there is no such a thing as an objectively greatest movie of all time. Everyone has their favorites, but that's different. 

I think you're right, it's a subjective opinion, but have you ever watched Come and See? I think, objectively, it's the best movie ever made. It hurts to watch it, but the impact it has isn't subjective in any way, it's just powerful and you feel sick after watching it. Far more than Schindler's List, or Das Boot, it has a reality to it that's frightening, frustrating, and impacts a person in such a way that you'll never look at war the same way. The fact that they were firing live rounds from a machinegun above a teenage boy's head in one scene makes it worse. 

It's objectively the best movie ever made, because it makes a person reflect on life and death in a way that no other movie effectively will.

Anyways, my favorite movie has jumped around a lot over the years. It was Dark City for a very long time. Today, probably either Aliens or Schindler's List.