Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Horus

Which difficulty do you usually play on?

Which difficulty do you usually play on?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Which difficulty do you usually play on?

• I'm Too Young To Die (ITYTD)
    • Hey Not Too Rough (HNTR)
    • Hurt Me Plenty (HMP)
    • Ultra-Violence (UV)

-Fast is a parameter, not a difficulty.

If you really wanted to take -Fast into consideration when talking about these, there's also UV -Respawn, UV -Fast -Respawn to think of. Also, this will encourage people into implementing different speedrun categories into discussion, like UV Pacifist, UV Tyson, which is not the goal of this thread.

Heretic offers you looking down and up but you dont need that to beat Heretic in the 5th difficulty. Auto aim does that job for you.

You can just play Heretic as you play Doom. I am telling you this as a person who finished all 5 episodes of Heretic in its 5th difficulty, which is no different than UV Fast. The difference is only 50 percent more ammos.

21 minutes ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

no different than..... The difference is.....

Huh?

Heretic has Black Plague in its difficulty set, while Doom doesn't have UV -Fast in its difficulty set. I don't know why you have to mix these things together. As I said, you just also implemented UV -Respawn and UV -Respawn -Fast into the conversation, which is totally reasonable according to your standard, which will make a discussion even more messy. Don't tell me there's not UV -Respawn equivalent in Heretic, so you shouldn't discuss this one here. No, nobody is talking about anything in Heretic. It's talking about Doom. 

Not to mention, Black Plague is not strictly harder than Smite-Meister since it's beneficial a lot from those 50% extra ammo on some maps due to the resource shortage.

------------------------------------------------------------

↓↓

Wow, you mean, Black Plague is easier than Nightmare! because the monsters don't respawn, no, no, no, bro. It's because Nightmare! removed that 8 tics before the monsters' attacks and there are a lot of hitscanners in Doom while Heretic doesn't.

Edited by GarrettChan

1 minute ago, GarrettChan said:

Huh?

Heretic has Black Plague in its difficulty set, while Doom doesn't have UV -Fast in its difficulty set. I don't know why you have to mix these things together. As I said, you just also implemented UV -Respawn and UV -Respawn -Fast into the conversation, which is totally reasonable according to your standard, which will make a discussion even more messy. Don't tell me there's not UV -Respawn equivalent in Heretic, so you shouldn't discuss this one here. No, nobody is talking about anything in Heretic. It's talking about Doom. 

Heretic's 5th difficulty is what would be thought as the hardest reasonable difficulty for Doom.

So UV Fast....

50 percent more ammos doesnt make as big difference as you think it does.

Heretic's 5th difficulty is still much harder than its 4th difficulty because of fast monsters.

But enemies dont respawn. And this makes Heretic's 5th difficulty far easier than Doom's Nightmare.

I played Heretic in all difficulties so I pretty know about how its 4th and 5th difficulties feel. Its 5th difficulty feels far harder with fast monsters but still very beatable.

Why?

Not because of 50 percent more ammos.

It is because monsters dont respawn.

59 minutes ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

50 percent more ammos doesnt make as big difference as you think it does.

Heretic's 5th difficulty is still much harder than its 4th difficulty because of fast monsters.

But enemies dont respawn. And this makes Heretic's 5th difficulty far easier than Doom's Nightmare.

I played Heretic in all difficulties so I pretty know about how its 4th and 5th difficulties feel. Its 5th difficulty feels far harder with fast monsters but still very beatable.

Why?

Not because of 50 percent more ammos.

It is because monsters dont respawn.

Why don't you just play Doom and Doom II in Nightmare difficulty? Get it over with.

It's only tough if you hang around the maps. I did it back in the 90's just by rushing the maps before I got overwhelmed. Basically, play it as if you were trying to beat the Par Time and skip as many fights as you can. You can skip Final Doom as it's basically a collection of commercial WADs. Then you can brag to your friends about completing it on Nightmare and we can get a break from your fixation with self-validation.

Maybe you'll even start talking about other stuff like...well, anything. It will be good for you, possibly even therapeutic, and it will be good for us...also possibly therapeutic. Either way you'll be free of this demon and we will retain our sanity. You can then engage in normal human interactions such as non-difficulty based discussion.

The last paragraph was sarcasm, but I really did mean the first one. Give it a try, just change how you tackle it. Avoid combat when possible and speedrun it. As long as you have some fairly good knowledge of the map layouts, you should be able to do it. Do NOT attempt Plutonia on Nightmare though, just be happy with the Doom and Doom II goals. Trust me.

4 hours ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

But Final Doom, which was relased after Heretic, is a different story.

I'm Too Young To Die

Hey Not Too Rough 

Hurt Me Plenty 

Ultra-Violence

Nightmare!

Is there UV Fast? Where is it?  Read and Answer

THERE IS NO UV-FAST in DOOM this is in basic english

4 hours ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

I dont seperate Heretic from Doom.

In this topic, you SHOULD

2 hours ago, jazzmaster9 said:

I'm Too Young To Die

Hey Not Too Rough 

Hurt Me Plenty 

Ultra-Violence

Nightmare!

Is there UV Fast? Where is it?  Read and Answer

THERE IS NO UV-FAST in DOOM this is in basic english

In this topic, you SHOULD

Considering Nightmare is a joke difficulty, UV Fast is the hardest "REASONABLE" difficulty to play Doom and Doom 2.

18 minutes ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

Considering Nightmare is a joke difficulty, UV Fast is the hardest "REASONABLE" difficulty to play Doom and Doom 2.

Let's just take you play UV and move on.

I was always playing UV, but i felt spoiled for newer Boomer FPS, so we i play doom, im mostly doing HMP if it's new map, cause it's sad to not play a full creation because of frustation with difficulty.

1 hour ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

Not the answer to my question

I'm Too Young To Die

Hey Not Too Rough 

Hurt Me Plenty 

Ultra-Violence

Nightmare!

Answer my question, do you see Ultra-Violence-Fast?

Where is UV-Fast? if its not there, its not Official.

8 hours ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

So UV Fast is actually the hardest resonable difficulty just like Heretic's 5th difficulty except 50 percent more ammos.

I dont seperate Heretic from Doom.

But Final Doom, which was relased after Heretic, is a different story.

Facts don't stop being facts because you choose to disagree.

Heretic is a completely different game. This is a Doom forum, not a Heretic forum. The official difficulties were given as options.
Your opinion doesn't change what is official and what is not, nor does it make Heretic indistinguishable from Doom.
We get it, you're an elitist who plays on the highest OFFICIAL difficulty with a command line modification, you've made your point clear.
Please, stop arguing for the sheer f**king sake of arguing. It's getting very old, VERY quickly.

45 minutes ago, jazzmaster9 said:

I'm Too Young To Die

Hey Not Too Rough 

Hurt Me Plenty 

Ultra-Violence

Nightmare!

Answer my question, do you see Ultra-Violence-Fast?

Where is UV-Fast? if its not there, its not Official.

I stated what's the REASONABLE hardest difficulty for Doom and Doom 2.

I didnt say it was officially offered in the choice. Heretic offered UV Fast officially after Doom and there is nothing to wrong to think Heretic's hardest difficulty is the hardest resonable difficulty for Doom Engine games.

I am sure that if ID Software hadnt wanted to make a joke about difficulty with us, Heretic's 5th difficulty would also be the hardest official difficulty for Doom but..

ID Software wanted to make a joke with respawaning enemies to us. With Heretic, they removed this joke.

Clear?

Edited by Can't play on Nightmare

16 minutes ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

I stated what's the REASONABLE hardest difficulty for Doom and Doom 2.

I didnt say it was officially offered in the choice. Heretic offered UV Fast officially after Doom and there is nothing to wrong to think Heretic's hardest difficulty is the hardest resonable difficulty for Doom Engine games.

I am sure that if ID Software hadnt wanted to make a joke about difficulty with us, Heretic's 5th difficulty would also be the hardest official difficulty for Doom but..

ID Software wanted to make a joke with respawaning enemies to us. With Heretic, they removed this joke.

Clear?

Very clear. You refuse to accept facts.
This is not a discussion about Heretic.

26 minutes ago, Doom-X-Machina said:

Very clear. You refuse to accept facts.
This is not a discussion about Heretic.

It's actually not that clear. That's some broke-ass engrish even for me.

1 hour ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

random words

Clear?

Not Clear.

I still don't See UV-Fast in Doom 1 or 2.

and you still did not answer my question.

I play all new WADs the first time mostly on ITYTD like an „explore“ mode to find the keys, secrets and some decent routes. After that I switch to HMP and UV to have more action. :)

I voted for HMP.

UV for me :-)

Will often play UV-fast if I feel like a challenge but, for my own sanity, not going to get involved in the conversation as to wether it is a real difficulty or not as looks like that looks like it’s is getting a tad heated XD

Methinks it's probably more important to consider what the players consider a difficulty setting than limiting what's in the menus. UVfast is played enough that it's a speedrunning category unto itself, BTSXE1 was designed with UV solo-net in mind.

I dunno, this argument is dumb and pointless, anyway.

I play UV.

I find Doom less fun if I'm not playing on at least Ultra Violence, so I generally keep it there. It's one of the few games I play at a higher difficulty because of how challenging the game is at that level, and how unchallenging it is on lower difficulty.