OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    8784
  Additional Information 2:    878436044496082df4027a847df46309
  Additional Information 3:    4c13
  Additional Information 4:    4c13be2252fbc8cd07b06fff5c9f16af

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    xGreed.exe
  Application Version:    1.1.10.52
  Application Timestamp:    2a425e19
  Fault Module Name:    xGreed.exe
  Fault Module Version:    1.1.10.52
  Fault Module Timestamp:    2a425e19
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    000074af
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    ea49
  Additional Information 2:    ea49ec313c94cbeb9a35eddd051cc40a
  Additional Information 3:    dfdb
  Additional Information 4:    dfdb5accfae8e08a4bc4c0eb958d2862

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

In which level did the crash happen? Is there a way to replicate the crash?

I also got a crash, is there any way to see which map i'm currently playing? It's from episode 2

Spoiler

fdfsdfsdf.png.21f144fcba039ebe4738c388ceb14981.png

10 hours ago, Peludo said:

I also got a crash, is there any way to see which map i'm currently playing? It's from episode 2

Thanks fot the screenshot, from the error address it seems that the problem is when xGreed is trying to free memory. I suspect that this has to do with the memory manager. I'll try to replicate the problem to see where excactly the problem is.

I couldn't replicate the crash but I made a work arround that may solve the issue, you can download it at https://sourceforge.net/projects/xgreed/files/xGreed 1.1/xGreed_1.1.12.55_bin.zip/download (ver 1.1.23 - build 55)

What's changed:

• I flaged the memory manager to assume that this is a multithreaded app. xGreed does not utilize multiple threads, but I can not be sure for BASS.DLL (third party sound library). Maybe this is the cause of the crash.
  • I 've added safeguard checks that they will display an error message when the app exceeds the internal static limits. This will not solve the problem, but it will be a helpfull tool to locate a possible cause of crash.
  • Raised the static limit of maximum sprites (from 700 to 4096). 

Tested new version and i can say its great release.

With raising limit i didn't take a crash.

And controls gone more responsive , it not stacks on moving strafe with same direction on holding opositive key, a previous bug. (reported by Kinsie)

tested on E for Episodes L for Levels

e1l1

e1l2

e1l3

e2l1

e3l1

Class Dominatrix Skill Brainless

For now an extensive testing neede.

Thank you Jval and all the testers , helpers)

hi is it possible to disable vertical head bobbing? launcher option not working when disable from launcher?

On 6/9/2022 at 6:47 AM, tosb4 said:

hi is it possible to disable vertical head bobbing? launcher option not working when disable from launcher?

You should direct that question to @jval.

On 7/26/2022 at 3:06 PM, Master O said:

You should direct that question to @jval.

i do, he is not answered :)

On 7/27/2022 at 4:29 PM, tosb4 said:

i do, he is not answered :)

I have no problems disabling bobing, as I had answered in PM. I can not think what is wrong and it does not work in your system...

On 7/28/2022 at 9:55 PM, jval said:

I have no problems disabling bobing, as I had answered in PM. I can not think what is wrong and it does not work in your system...

just kiddding :) thanks for reply anyway

1. Moving slopes would be nice if they get interpolated.

2. Strafing left and right with bobbing same as forward and back would be cool.

3. Mouse looking up and down is bad responsive , moves one or two tics after stopping mouse move physically.

4. Space is good for jump and e for use. 

It's really great to see some old underrated stuff getting a second chance. I've derided that game for too long mostly because of

its unfinished nature, now it seems to work better (like a finished product).

Sadly, I have some problems with xGreed:

- Maybe I did something wrong, but Item/gadget generators and monster spawn DON'T WORK completely, only bonus items still randomly appear on map (there's ONE ammo item on map and that's all)
- ALT+Left/ALT+Right results in strafe-turning in left/right directions
- Weird behavior of stereo sound: for X axis of map it works normal, but for Y axis stereo channels are REVERSED
- Autoaim doesn't work (NumLock makes no effect)
- Esc doesn't skip mission briefing as it does in vanilla
- Music changes only after several F7 hits

Tested xGreed 1.1.12.55 with Windows 7 SP1 64-bit.
Tested with different characters and difficulty settings on different maps.

On 10/6/2022 at 1:01 AM, Wraith777 said:

It's really great to see some old underrated stuff getting a second chance. I've derided that game for too long mostly because of

its unfinished nature, now it seems to work better (like a finished product).

Sadly, I have some problems with xGreed:

- Maybe I did something wrong, but Item/gadget generators and monster spawn DON'T WORK completely, only bonus items still randomly appear on map (there's ONE ammo item on map and that's all)

That's not normal, what's your PC specs?

2 hours ago, jval said:

That's not normal, what's your PC specs?

Windows 7 SP 1, 64-bit
Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz
6 GB RAM

Not sure if anyone here has noticed before, but back in July last year, someone made a video on In Pursuit of Greed and mentioned this source port.

Still can't figure out what's wrong. Tried older xGreed versions and on other PC's and still having same issue - NO item/monster respawns((.

Guess I'll have to make it thru Greed in dosbox for now...

20230115_120444194.png.850edbc68e1c14a7be5126514acf2008.png

1. Seems Engine does not understand \n as a new line. 

20230115_121036791.png.65aeccd964be471cac2a701443021d24.png

2. Here i would like to see Platforms that move up or down (lifts) to be smoothed, moves choppy now.

3. LEVEL 3 flamethower originaly have 11 ammo on pickup
i switch to another weapon, plays a lot on same map,
switch back to flamethrower and it has 1 ammo.
so ammo disappeard itself.

LEVEL4.png.78d025e648aa2a93fc877f955bfc62e4.png

4. Got crash on level 4 just once, no more it happens.

20230119_171334928.png.1bcf23178127e72c59881199b95b343d.png20230119_171333339.png.ff293fd9d2a79f2536f3d827edbc0f53.png20230119_171327149.png.9245ebf4ad6df677d6528d6996c2ca58.png

5.Here is something wrong in slope drawing on ceiling, at far distance (almost darkened out), come close its ok, moving away crashes slopes to be visible trough other surface's.

20230131_011905199.png.c51a382fb6688cfe915ac9d84e230ad4.png

6. When i start second episode Freshely, just first level, it shows me "mission sucessful!" hmm, that was odd, but not necessary.

7.MUSIC always the same , please make every new level invoke next music track (unique track), pressing F7 (next music track button) to often repeats same music track. Need to be pressed several times to change track to next.

from the other side its good idea to make 32bit renderer 

i mean :

there is lookup table like doom has (i guess in theory)

its 256 multiplied by 256 so it has all color mixes, but this is purely 8bit and makes color banding, its makes color shades steps between very notacible. 

if only its possible to generate that lookup table in 32bit mode, before even game draws something. And use it, or even better precache  it to current directory of game.

This makes dark shades more smoothed, like dark far for, darkened sectors, flickering lights. Only fullbrighted objects is uptodate with true palette .

In theory it sounds easy.

Well the game very beautiful. I am decided to replay even more again XD. especially second episode, its gem, who might think? unexpected to find that game. 

I stumbled across this while researching this game and have a few questions. First of all, can xGreed be windowed, and maybe a simple thing but the lack of a keybind menu did make changing the default FPS keybinds by swapping E and Space a bit awkward. Secondly, is xGreed trying to load the cutscene files from the CD release? Because I have a black screen that can be spaced through in the intro briefing for the first episode and it seems as if the engine is trying to load something but can't. Nice work in any case, hopefully you can keep working at this to sand down the rough edges of the original game without detouring too far from the distinct aspects.

15 hours ago, AlbertHamik said:

I stumbled across this while researching this game and have a few questions. First of all, can xGreed be windowed, and maybe a simple thing but the lack of a keybind menu did make changing the default FPS keybinds by swapping E and Space a bit awkward. Secondly, is xGreed trying to load the cutscene files from the CD release? Because I have a black screen that can be spaced through in the intro briefing for the first episode and it seems as if the engine is trying to load something but can't. Nice work in any case, hopefully you can keep working at this to sand down the rough edges of the original game without detouring too far from the distinct aspects.

Greed with search for FLIs in the following paths (in that specific order):

1. The directory of xGreed.exe (executable - source port)
  2. The directory of GREED.BLO file (main data file)
  3. The .\Movies directory inside the #1
  4. The .\Movies directory inside the #2
  5. The CD drive path \GREED\MOVIES\
  6. The CD drive path \GREED2\MOVIES\
  7. The CD drive path \GREED3\MOVIES\
  8. The CD drive path \MOVIES\