Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Endless

How old are you ?

How old are you ?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you, Doomworld member ?

• Under 20
    • 20 +
    • 30 +
    • 40 +
    • 50 +

Just as the title says.

I was wondering, how old is the average Doomworld member? or the classic Doom fan? Doomworld alone is older than I am, and for that same reason I find out amazing that people are still active af in this amazing community.

Just got 21.

I am gonna be honest: I expected more old members here or at least that they have a good chunk of the chart.

16 minutes ago, Lokatzis 007 CJ said:

Just got 21.

I am gonna be honest: I expected more old members here or at least that they have a good chunk of the chart.

I'm actually surprised that the majority seems to be between 20 years old.

56 minutes ago, LiT_gam3r said:

a bit back a similar topic was posted. but I'm 13. 

It's good to see a young Doom enthusiast.

I'll be 29 on August 11th. I actually like getting older. 20s are a weird period for everyone.

1 minute ago, lazy91geek said:

I'll be 29 on August 11th. I actually like getting older. 20s are a weird period for everyone.

I not 20 yet and I already feel weird.

2 minutes ago, Endless said:

I not 20 yet and I already feel weird.

That's normal! Took me until I was about 27 to get out of quarter-life crisis mode. Enjoy the ride.

5 minutes ago, Steve D said:

I'm surprised, too. After all, Doom is an old game, so one would expect more old folks like me to still be playing it, and hanging around DW bitching about how modern games suck, and they sure knew how to make great games back in the '90s, by cracky. But no! This place is brimming with young people.

Definetely my thoughts exaclty.

7 minutes ago, Steve D said:

But not all. I'm an Ancient Doomer. I turn 62 in August, which means I can opt to draw Social Security early. How about that, I'd be a Doom Pensioner! ;D 

And I'm still mapping. So many projects left to do, so much still to learn. :)

I'm guessing that most of the original Doomers lost interest either in Doom or even gaming in general, and just moved on. I'm thankful that young Doomers have moved in to fill the ranks and keep the scene alive and full of vitality.

:O You are old as fck but I would never be able to figure it out, honestly. Ought to be respectful to people that are still kicking ass ;)

14 minutes ago, Steve D said:

I'm surprised, too. After all, Doom is an old game, so one would expect more old folks like me to still be playing it, and hanging around DW bitching about how modern games suck, and they sure knew how to make great games back in the '90s, by cracky. But no! This place is brimming with young people.

But not all. I'm an Ancient Doomer. I turn 62 in August, which means I can opt to draw Social Security early. How about that, I'd be a Doom Pensioner! ;D 

And I'm still mapping. So many projects left to do, so much still to learn. :)

I'm guessing that most of the original Doomers lost interest either in Doom or even gaming in general, and just moved on. I'm thankful that young Doomers have moved in to fill the ranks and keep the scene alive and full of vitality.

I'm also glad that theres actually a decent and very active young community coming in. Doom vets formed the beauty that this community is, but the next generations will keep the legacy alive and even improve upon it.

But I'm sure theres some other old Doomers out there, but you are truly a veteran in all sense! My respects for your persistence and passion.

PS: My birthday is also in august :D

57 days until I turn 29. I can legitimately claim that I lived when the USSR was still around, Freddie was alive, and the Internet as we know it didn't exist yet.

4 minutes ago, SuperchargedEuthanasiaDiv said:

57 days until I turn 29. I can legitimately claim that I lived when the USSR was still around, Freddie was alive, and the Internet as we know it didn't exist yet.

Pretty good age to be alive I would say. You saw the rise of technology and the downfall of the soviets, quite the historic moments.

28 minutes ago, Endless said:

Pretty good age to be alive I would say. You saw the rise of technology and the downfall of the soviets, quite the historic moments.

That's the catch, I was merely a few months old when the USSR collapsed and Freddie died, and I precede the modern Internet by a day or so.
Nowadays it's nothing special to say "I was alive when the Internet didn't exist", but in 10-20 years it's going to be a mindblowing revelation. My kids will certainly say that I'm bullshitting.

I'm only 47 now, but I can't wait until I am 50 so that I can move onto the next tier.

Oh, and OP? You should've considered Over-60's, as there is one around here who beat Doom Eternal on a high difficulty recently.

18 minutes ago, DesecratorJ said:

25, but I feel like my body is over 70 and that i'm about to die.

I feel sleepy all of the time, have done for at least two decades, so I've got you beat.