Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Endless

How old are you ?

How old are you ?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you, Doomworld member ?

• Under 20
    • 20 +
    • 30 +
    • 40 +
    • 50 +

I'm 33 here and in the same boat as Doom_Dude, or DD, in that I pulled the name out of thin air. Or maybe it was because I liked Doom and ninjas then. To be fair, I was a teenager then when I joined Newdoom myself. And Tenchu was an awesome game. I think the ages likely changed a little with the release of Doom 2016 bringing a wave of younger gamers along with it.

On 6/26/2020 at 5:50 PM, ClumsyDoomer said:

This is supposed to be the most vibrant and exciting age, and i'm genuinely scared of the future now

The future is always gonna be scary. I mean my missus and I just bought our first house together. During the lockdown of all times, but that apparently helped more than anything. It's insane how complicated the process is here in the Scotland. I finally got to feel what actual stress is like for the first time ever.Drained the excitement out of the whole thing. (Just as an aside, when you do go for a mortgage, get a financial or mortgage advisor to help you find a deal. Don't just go to bank and ask for one.)

It pays to have stuck in at school and had a career idea in mind, though as I learned when I joined the navy at 17, sometimes what you thought you wanted turns out to be the opposite. I dropped out of training and flip-flopped from one crappy job to another until I ended up in the airforce at 24/25. I can't quite remember. Best laid plans and all that.

Now I know this sounds a bit doom and gloom, and I apologise. Your twenties are one of the best and worst times of your life. You're still young enough to enjoy your youth, which you should, but you'll learn to work it around getting a good job too. All the while you'll still make mistakes. At the end of the day, make sure to look after yourself first and foremost. Work hard and remember that things aren't going to just be handed to you. I think a lot of youngsters these days wind up having to learn the hard way that you need to make an effort if you want anything and likely have to curb their expectations and accept their lot in life. Once you understand what it is you want, what you're comfortable with, you'll be fine. But that'll generally come as you head towards your thirties and start to wise up. You'll be fine. Just don't end up like the benefit-leeching junkies I have to deal with on a usually-daily basis at work. ;)

Physically 34, closer to 60 in grumpiness and cynicism, and about 15 in sense of humour.

14 minutes ago, LHSpanner said:

Physically 34, closer to 60 in grumpiness and cynicism, and about 15 in sense of humour.

Tha'ts the best combination lol

34 going on 80.  Seems like my body is breaking apart as we speak.