Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Endless

How old are you ?

How old are you ?  

85 members have voted

  1. 1. How old are you, Doomworld member ?

    • Under 20
      16
    • 20 +
      32
    • 30 +
      26
    • 40 +
      7
    • 50 +
      4


Recommended Posts

Just as the title says.

I was wondering, how old is the average Doomworld member? or the classic Doom fan? Doomworld alone is older than I am, and for that same reason I find out amazing that people are still active af in this amazing community.

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Lokatzis 007 CJ said:

Just got 21.

I am gonna be honest: I expected more old members here or at least that they have a good chunk of the chart.

I'm actually surprised that the majority seems to be between 20 years old.

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, LiT_gam3r said:

a bit back a similar topic was posted. but I'm 13. 

It's good to see a young Doom enthusiast.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm sure most are in the 13-20 age bracket. I was 14 when I started creating maps, now 38 and still kicking away.

Share this post


Link to post

I'll be 29 on August 11th. I actually like getting older. 20s are a weird period for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, lazy91geek said:

I'll be 29 on August 11th. I actually like getting older. 20s are a weird period for everyone.

I not 20 yet and I already feel weird.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Endless said:

I not 20 yet and I already feel weird.

That's normal! Took me until I was about 27 to get out of quarter-life crisis mode. Enjoy the ride.

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, Lokatzis 007 CJ said:

Just got 21.

I am gonna be honest: I expected more old members here or at least that they have a good chunk of the chart.

 

I'm surprised, too. After all, Doom is an old game, so one would expect more old folks like me to still be playing it, and hanging around DW bitching about how modern games suck, and they sure knew how to make great games back in the '90s, by cracky. But no! This place is brimming with young people.

 

But not all. I'm an Ancient Doomer. I turn 62 in August, which means I can opt to draw Social Security early. How about that, I'd be a Doom Pensioner! ;D 

 

And I'm still mapping. So many projects left to do, so much still to learn. :)

 

I'm guessing that most of the original Doomers lost interest either in Doom or even gaming in general, and just moved on. I'm thankful that young Doomers have moved in to fill the ranks and keep the scene alive and full of vitality.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Steve D said:

 

I'm surprised, too. After all, Doom is an old game, so one would expect more old folks like me to still be playing it, and hanging around DW bitching about how modern games suck, and they sure knew how to make great games back in the '90s, by cracky. But no! This place is brimming with young people.

 

Definetely my thoughts exaclty.

7 minutes ago, Steve D said:

But not all. I'm an Ancient Doomer. I turn 62 in August, which means I can opt to draw Social Security early. How about that, I'd be a Doom Pensioner! ;D 

 

And I'm still mapping. So many projects left to do, so much still to learn. :)

 

I'm guessing that most of the original Doomers lost interest either in Doom or even gaming in general, and just moved on. I'm thankful that young Doomers have moved in to fill the ranks and keep the scene alive and full of vitality.

:O You are old as fck but I would never be able to figure it out, honestly. Ought to be respectful to people that are still kicking ass ;)

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Steve D said:

 

I'm surprised, too. After all, Doom is an old game, so one would expect more old folks like me to still be playing it, and hanging around DW bitching about how modern games suck, and they sure knew how to make great games back in the '90s, by cracky. But no! This place is brimming with young people.

 

But not all. I'm an Ancient Doomer. I turn 62 in August, which means I can opt to draw Social Security early. How about that, I'd be a Doom Pensioner! ;D 

 

And I'm still mapping. So many projects left to do, so much still to learn. :)

 

I'm guessing that most of the original Doomers lost interest either in Doom or even gaming in general, and just moved on. I'm thankful that young Doomers have moved in to fill the ranks and keep the scene alive and full of vitality.

I'm also glad that theres actually a decent and very active young community coming in. Doom vets formed the beauty that this community is, but the next generations will keep the legacy alive and even improve upon it.

 

But I'm sure theres some other old Doomers out there, but you are truly a veteran in all sense! My respects for your persistence and passion.

PS: My birthday is also in august :D

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, SuperchargedEuthanasiaDiv said:

57 days until I turn 29. I can legitimately claim that I lived when the USSR was still around, Freddie was alive, and the Internet as we know it didn't exist yet.

Pretty good age to be alive I would say. You saw the rise of technology and the downfall of the soviets, quite the historic moments.

Share this post


Link to post

I had just turned 25, late last month. My mind suggests otherwise, in that I feel older than I actually am. Life experiences and all.

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Endless said:

Pretty good age to be alive I would say. You saw the rise of technology and the downfall of the soviets, quite the historic moments.

That's the catch, I was merely a few months old when the USSR collapsed and Freddie died, and I precede the modern Internet by a day or so.
Nowadays it's nothing special to say "I was alive when the Internet didn't exist", but in 10-20 years it's going to be a mindblowing revelation. My kids will certainly say that I'm bullshitting.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Lokatzis 007 CJ said:

Just got 21.

I am gonna be honest: I expected more old members here or at least that they have a good chunk of the chart.

 

Did you really expect us to tell our age? We'll forever be young and 18-21-ish! And now get off my lawn, you damn kids!

Share this post


Link to post

I'm only 47 now, but I can't wait until I am 50 so that I can move onto the next tier.

 

Oh, and OP? You should've considered Over-60's, as there is one around here who beat Doom Eternal on a high difficulty recently.

 

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, DesecratorJ said:

25, but I feel like my body is over 70 and that i'm about to die.

 

I feel sleepy all of the time, have done for at least two decades, so I've got you beat.

 

Share this post


Link to post

23, but already feeling like 50 mentally.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×