Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blueworrior

I wanna make more music, basically

The wondrous year of 2020 has given me time to be very, incredibly bored and made me go back to thing's I've done over the years, it's gotten me nostalgic about that time I made some tracks for this project. It was lots of fun and the amount of positive feedback of my songs is super cool and encouraging! So I figured i'd return to do/redo some more music :D
I'm most certainly going to be redoing C3M2's music, since that track is pretty lame tbh xD but if there's any more that i can do in particular, i'd love to give it a shot! Additionally if you think any of my other tracks can do with a revamp, I'm happy to see if I can improve on what I've done!

Thanks, guys! I'll probably be pretty slow in my process this time around, but I also wanna try different styles of music as well for variety. distorted guitars might be the iconic sound for doom midis, but i don't feel like it would hurt to play around and experiment! expect to see a few bits and pieces in here over the next couple of weeks as i try to shake off the rust I've accumulated over the past month xD

3 minutes ago, Blueworrior said:

Sure, just so long as it's generally accepted by people that it should be changed!

yeah, totally!

More songs is always better. Its feels lame when a song get re-used.
Ep.4 is the only one that should repeat music under strict vanilla settings as it is harcoded.

3 hours ago, Blueworrior said:

Alrighty, well i've certainly made a track! this one was primarily to help me get out of my creative funk, but i'll post it here for fun! It's probably not very appropriate for freedoom, i'm not sure myself xD

https://tinyurl.com/y9wfmp6j

Nice piece, pal!
Its really catchy and smooth.

Not that its not good for Freedoom, its the opposite, Freedoom is still overwhelmed by Doom existence, so anyone would think that it doesn't fit.

But i feel that this tune can really be up there on a more sprawling map with a good space sky, so it will be good for Ep.4.

Just check some of the tunes from recent projects like Ancient Aliens, Valiant, or Eviternity.

This piece is up there with some of those amazing tracks ;)

Check this one, in a thread about Doom composers and their most popular song, this was the one almost everyone mentioned, its by Stewboy:

Edited by P41R47

@Blueworrior

Hey, I was wondering if you might find any of my rough (and frankly kinda bad) music even vaguely interesting to base anything on. You already made a remix of one of my tunes and it ended up as E1M7's theme.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sf9dklzkzwdbd69/zqmus_8jul2020.zip?dl=0

This is all meant for my own semi-vaporware game, but I am donating it all to Freedoom in its current state, anyhow. I most comfortably work in tracker module format, not MIDI. I'd suggest installing OpenMPT to take them apart if you'd like to adapt any of them to your own MIDI arrangements for Freedoom.

Edited by Blastfrog

2 hours ago, Blastfrog said:

@Blueworrior

Hey, I was wondering if you might find any of my rough (and frankly kinda bad) music even vaguely interesting to base anything on. You already made a remix of one of my tunes and it ended up as E1M7's theme.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sf9dklzkzwdbd69/zqmus_8jul2020.zip?dl=0

This is all meant for my own semi-vaporware game, but I am donating it all to Freedoom in its current state, anyhow. I most comfortably work in tracker module format, not MIDI. I'd suggest installing OpenMPT to take them apart if you'd like to adapt any of them to your own MIDI arrangements for Freedoom.

I made a remix of one of your tunes? I don't recall doing so. not sure what you mean :P

I'll have a look at your tracks though, wouldn't hurt to get inspiration! I've had a skim through a few and so far, I like them! moody and lo-fi, I've got a soft spot for music in this aesthetic. I've never worked with tracker modules before, i ought to give it a try sometime!

12 hours ago, Blueworrior said:

I made a remix of one of your tunes? I don't recall doing so. not sure what you mean :P

Oops, it was actually bytebeats, not you. I feel a bit silly, my memory's not the greatest.

I'll have a look at your tracks though, wouldn't hurt to get inspiration! I've had a skim through a few and so far, I like them! moody and lo-fi, I've got a soft spot for music in this aesthetic.

Thanks!

I've never worked with tracker modules before, i ought to give it a try sometime!

It's pretty fun, at least for being able to easily use whatever instruments you want and not just the General MIDI set or having to faff about with soundfonts.