Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chip

Greatest posts on Doomworld - - ¡All Time Greatest!

It's just funny to see people make complete fucking idiots of themselves and have people call them out on their bullshit. I don't post much, but I thank god I don't act like these fucking troglodytes. I just sit back, pull up some popcorn, and read all this shit going down.

This dumpster fire of a thread holds a special place in my heart because it was in progress when I joined DW; it's among one of the first threads I saw on this site, and it's incredible. @Xaser's post about how integral carrots are to Doomworld's history? Chef kiss. Angry all-caps meltdowns? You got it. The only thing missing here is the good old [newproject] tag.

45 minutes ago, Eris Falling said:

This dumpster fire of a thread holds a special place in my heart because it was in progress when I joined DW; it's among one of the first threads I saw on this site, and it's incredible. @Xaser's post about how integral carrots are to Doomworld's history? Chef kiss. Angry all-caps meltdowns? You got it. The only thing missing here is the good old [newproject] tag.

I actually remember another similar, but much more recent thread like that. The guy just put a link to a bunch of textures and crap and asked everyone to make maps for him.

5 hours ago, Eris Falling said:

20201107_144218.jpg

I seem to remember an old thread where someone asked who that hot 'girl' was in the post hell banner, when that forum was a thing?

I just remembered something by our man Foebane.

Quite some time ago, a topic went south and some incredibly hot takes took place there, among the most priceless I can remember was an unironic comment about a black dog, that "calling it that-n-word was affectionate" due to its color.

This needs a Wayback, but I'm not spending time digging it up.

2 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Even more hilarious when you look at the other posts he made:

I refuse to believe he's anything older than 14. Maybe in... wait

Adam Oker

Adam Ok-er?

illuminati confirmed

So he's a troll probably.

I spent more than an hour reading all the LittleTemple network execution program (that could be an interesting name for what that thread could be...kinda a social experiment on how people reacts to output from different persons? maybe? i'm reading too much into it?).

So yeah, i take the time to read all and i'm with @NuMetalManiak in this.
It wasnt funny at all.

@esselfortium do you take the time to read the book than person wrote? I ask this not because i doubt you, just because the plot seems interesting and i want to know if it was a fun read at least. It left you some kind of message? Because if it worked as a book, that experimenthread could had serve as a basis for a newer book from this author :/

I'm studying the HOWs and the WHOs published a book and the WHYs they fail going big.
And i found interesting things reading books that are quite out of the mainstream or bestseller sections.
Not Joycean length of happiness, but some interesting stuff.

2 hours ago, P41R47 said:

I spent more than an hour reading all the LittleTemple network execution program (that could be an interesting name for what that thread could be...kinda a social experiment on how people reacts to output from different persons? maybe? i'm reading too much into it?).

So yeah, i take the time to read all and i'm with @NuMetalManiak in this.
It wasnt funny at all.

@esselfortium do you take the time to read the book than person wrote? I ask this not because i doubt you, just because the plot seems interesting and i want to know if it was a fun read at least. It left you some kind of message? Because if it worked as a book, that experimenthread could had serve as a basis for a newer book from this author :/

I'm studying the HOWs and the WHOs published a book and the WHYs they fail going big.
And i found interesting things reading books that are quite out of the mainstream or bestseller sections.
Not Joycean length of happiness, but some interesting stuff.

That's what I'm getting at. LittleTemple saga gets more tragic the more you read it. It's funny at first, but then you realize that he's actually a decent Heretic mapper who probably has some sort of multiple personality disorder or something, but had the most cringe-inducing defense when he got exposed that you wish he could've just admitted his deal sooner. He could've kept making more maps by just using his name but instead he left the community.

20 minutes ago, NuMetalManiak said:

That's what I'm getting at. LittleTemple saga gets more tragic the more you read it. It's funny at first, but then you realize that he's actually a decent Heretic mapper who probably has some sort of multiple personality disorder or something, but had the most cringe-inducing defense when he got exposed that you wish he could've just admitted his deal sooner. He could've kept making more maps by just using his name but instead he left the community.

One of the reasons that i also asked Essel about the book is that, even when there are a lot of studies on this theme, multiple personality disorder, a theme my wife, pyschologist, is really interested in, there are not much proved cases of MPD.
So its not that common to found one out there. And the ones that are deemed as probable, for the studies made, the personalities are not always aware of one and another.

So, my point is that this guy, writer, may had used all that happened for one of his books.

He even probably published the book with another name, knowing that his book could be bashed for his background here. If he ever published it.

And for what we know, he could be @Ryath hahahaha and his Unbeliever episode just an extension of what you said ;)

We could never know as no much people around here, including myself, has a proper face knew by each other properly :P 

3 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

WTF, the second one...

Haha I remember that guy. I was around and was reading that thread unfold. Very confusing and I still don't know what he was on about.

3 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

WTF, the second one...

Also, more gold

20201107_202426.jpg

20201107_202405.jpg

20201107_202338.jpg

20201107_202320.jpg

20201107_202617.jpg

20201107_202544.jpg

20201107_202648.jpg

When people ask why Post Hell was closed:

8 minutes ago, Nevander said:

Haha I remember that guy. I was around and was reading that thread unfold. Very confusing and I still don't know what he was on about.

I can't tell if he's a troll having acid flashbacks or if he honestly thinks he has come up with something marvelous by creating his own coding language. Totally baffling.

@Doomkid Yeah, I never made an account here because I wasn't too in touch with Doom, but I would occasionally visit Doomworld just to look the disturbing/insane babbling taking place in the great down under. I definitely don't blame anyone for making the choice to remove it. But I will say that I was disappointed that it was already gone by the time I was converted to Doomheadism and signed up for an account. Thankfully, there is still plenty of weird shit to see on the normal message boards here (occassionally).

Most of the "best" threads involve either a child being a child and getting bullied for it, a mentally ill person being ganged up on because they are an easy target, or a person who doesn't understand how forums and online interactions work being dogpiled. Threads like these that glorify these moments are kinda shameful when you think about it. I would like to believe that part of the reason post hell was hidden is because of how popular of a place it became to legitimize (not exactly the best choice of word but I'm falling flat on getting a better one off the tip of my tongue) those types of threads; it's also not unlikely that some posts were made with the express goal of having said post "elevated to post hell greatness" or whatever so hiding it was probably a good move to discourage purposeful bad behavior. I guess it's just our human nature to be attracted to train wrecks, negativity, and people making unnecessary scenes... so I'm glad that post hell was hidden, but at the same time I'd be happier to see a thread about the positive and unironically "all time greatest" threads/posts. 

Yeah but positivity ain't funny.

I think "greatest" really means "funniest" when talking about topics like this, ain't nothing funnier than a public freakout.

2 hours ago, mrthejoshmon said:

Yeah but positivity ain't funny.

I think "greatest" really means "funniest" when talking about topics like this, ain't nothing funnier than a public freakout.

Yeah pretty much. It's a nice descent into madness, while other times it's JUST madness.

I'm convinced the reason it was hidden away was because of the seemingly legitimate loonie talk that occurred there, and also the rest of the nonsense.

Having stuff like that so publicly visible is perhaps not the brightest idea one can come up with. If it isn't also explicitly frowned upon, at least. The Hall of Unpleasantness on ZDF is available to view, but certainly ending there is nothing glorious.

Not really drama or a specific post, but there used to be a member called JoeKilledKenney2016 who would end almost e very post with a signature like:

"Sincerely, JoeKilledKenney2016"  

18 hours ago, Doominator2 said:

Not really drama or a specific post, but there used to be a member called JoeKilledKenney2016 who would end almost e very post with a signature like:

"Sincerely, JoeKilledKenney2016"  

Who is that Joe refered in his name?

3 hours ago, DSC said:

Who is that Joe refered in his name?

I dont know, probably the user's first name. He probably likes South Park as well, hence the "KilledKenney" part, at least I hope its a South Park reference and not a confession. 2016 because that's the year he joined. 

You could always try asking him about his name, though he hasn't been active for years now. 

I don't know a specific post, but for sure something posted by darknation would count for me. That guy was dangerous for my ribcage.

edit: I realise now that isn't even a thread. O well, too late!