Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

Battlemode Multi-Purpose Thread

I wanted a place to share some clips of my battlemode conquests, as well as to discuss the gamemode and it’s multiple facets. 

In short; although it is strange and often frustrating, I’m having a blast playing Battlemode. Playing with my roommate makes for some super fun games, and I’m excited to see where they take it!

Also, check out this seven second round. (Beware is the site though, it used to be complete shite)

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/bluepineapple72/video/102138654

It's a lot of fun, there are some VERY good players there that you run into occasionally. Been playing a lot as the Slayer and lost quite a bit for some very cunning demon players. Currently playing most of the time with the Revenant, which is a very fun demon to play with.

I think its a lot of fun, its intense and keeps you on your toes. But I still don't see as to why they would make this their main multiplayer mode when multiplayer arena deathmatch would have been proper. The Slayer feels right, nothing to complain about. All of the demons except for the marauder feel ok, the archvile being the best to play imo; with the pain elemental being my second favorite (I almost always go with the "Fit Meatball" upgrade between matches because he's kind of slow and you need that dash more than you think).

I feel like I'm a decent Slayer player, but it seems like more and more demon teams are learning their strats and can sometimes take me down really quick. Still, I win more than I loose. Heck, most of the time I ignore non-player demons entirely - the only one that seems to cause me legit problems are Cacos.

As a demon, I've spent most of my time playing as the Pain Elemental. Low skill slayers can often be easily dispatched by just staying directly over them and shooting down. Better players I tend to keep my distance from, using dash as often as possible to break line of sight. I like to use summons directly in the slayer's path to hopefully block and possible confuse/disorient them. Most of my slayer kills are from just waiting for an opportune moment to use hazard zone.

I seem to recall ID announced they were working on a new demon for Battlemode? What do you think it might be? I'm hoping to play as the Whiplash.

2 hours ago, SulfurOccult said:

I seem to recall ID announced they were working on a new demon for Battlemode? What do you think it might be? I'm hoping to play as the Whiplash. 

My bet is the Dread Knight.

5 hours ago, AtimZarr1 said:

My bet is the Dread Knight.

That's my thought, too. The Baron of Hell was notably demoted from the previous game to being an extra-powerful summon only and with the Hell Knight also not being playable, this seems like an easy compromise.

New demon is rumored to actually be something new and unique to the DLC.  My bet is chaingunner

2 hours ago, Zemini said:

New demon is rumored to actually be something new and unique to the DLC.  My bet is chaingunner

I think the chaingunner is too small to be a playable demon. Unless of course the chaingunner replacement is fucking massive, which I doubt they'd do.

1 hour ago, BluePineapple72 said:

I think the chaingunner is too small to be a playable demon. Unless of course the chaingunner replacement is fucking massive, which I doubt they'd do.

I mean you never know. Also the Marauder is the smallest(in terms of hitbox) playable demon. If they add the Chaingunner he wouldn't be smaller 

17 minutes ago, TheAncientOrder said:

I mean you never know. Also the Marauder is the smallest(in terms of hitbox) playable demon. If they add the Chaingunner he wouldn't be smaller 

I think he would be smaller if he scales with zombies the same as he did in doom 2. The marauder, although being the smallest demon, is still bigger than the slayer. The slayer is relatively bigger than most of the former soldiers in eternal, so unless the chaingunner is bigger than the slayer I don’t see him being added. 

I would like to seen him in the game though

I wonder if the new demon would be one from the single player DLC's.

Like a new species with new abilities/attacks.

We also haven't seen Hell Razers, Hell Guards or Harvesters to return.

I found playing as a demon to be kinda boring and I won 80%+ of my matches.

Playing as a slayer is far more fun.  I probably put in 200 matches over the last few weeks with a 15% win rate... 

Maybe things will change when we have matchmaking but right now the slayer requires far more player APM then the demon players.  That isn't balanced no matter how many times some elitists pulls the "git gud" card.  Then at the other end of the spectrum you have pro slayers who delete player demons in seconds.  TBH, this is a very tough predicament to be in and can be disastrous for long term player retention.  Basically, average slayers need a boost somewhere that will not overpower the pro slayers even more.

What can we do?

1.  Bot Mod:  Let the noobs practice in a safe environment against computer controlled demons.  Not sure why this wasn't considered at launch.

2.  Slayer Build Transparency:  Right now nobody seems to know exactly what slayer abilities we have.  He doesn't play anything like the campaign slayer.  At the very least we need a Battlemode Slayer mode in the campaign.  Perhaps that is what invasions will give us

3.  Hard look at upgrades:  I feel that most overpowered parts of BM are the demons upgrades esp the Power Upgrades.  Slayer upgrades in comparison are lacking significantly.

4.  Look Block:  Way too OP in the hands of good demons players.  Slayer should start with 3 pips at the beginning of each round.  If a slayer missed more than 4-5 ballista shots, the game is pretty much over.  Perhaps loot block can reduce loot for 3 pip chainsaws instead of removing it completely.

5.  More Fodder to kill and chainsaw.  Half the reason why I die is because there isn't any fodder to be found.  It might be partly due not seeing them.

6.  Map Balance:  More maps like Torment and adjust map hazards.

7.  Bad slayer players are still going to get killed by bad demon players.

8.  I fucking hate the Mancubus Flamethrower.

I'm bad at both ends and most of the matches is either me outright deleting someone or vice versa, but when I (rarely) get matched with players on my level, only then it gets interesting.

Are there many playing Battlemode?

I ask because I was scrolling through the achievements for this on TA (Xbox).

With the exception of 1 achievement (Running Up the High Score - Complete Extra Life Mode with 10 Extra Lives in your inventory), every single Battlemode achievement has been unlocked by the fewest amount of people. It ranges from 1.05% (Weapons Expert) to 5.58% (Fight Like Hell)

I think that shows that most people aren't bothering to play, or play for so little that they're not popping what looks like easy (although grindy) achievements

Is Battlemode the new 2016 Multiplayer? Where only a few people played it?

Unsure what Steam or Bethesda stats are like..

40 minutes ago, thewormofautumn said:

Are there many playing Battlemode?

I ask because I was scrolling through the achievements for this on TA (Xbox).

With the exception of 1 achievement (Running Up the High Score - Complete Extra Life Mode with 10 Extra Lives in your inventory), every single Battlemode achievement has been unlocked by the fewest amount of people. It ranges from 1.05% (Weapons Expert) to 5.58% (Fight Like Hell)

I think that shows that most people aren't bothering to play, or play for so little that they're not popping what looks like easy (although grindy) achievements

Is Battlemode the new 2016 Multiplayer? Where only a few people played it?

Unsure what Steam or Bethesda stats are like..

I play it about 1-2h every two days on the PC, however. I see a lot of the same players, along with some new ones every now & then.

I play about a hour or so a day.  I am getting better but still getting pretty much get instant deleted by the FNF players.