Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

DE-GRINDER! Remove tedium from your DOOMing, make Slaughtermaps easier

Haha, damn. My new go-to companion WAD for slaughter maps! Finally I can play them, too! Maybe...

Oh man, it really makes wads like that a breeze. If I hadn't already taken the name Powertrip for RR2, I would definitely have used it for this!

This mod is a great example of how important presentation is when it comes to mods. This is a functionally simple mod but if somebody made a small, text only post with boring name I wouldn't give it a second look. Great work @Doomkid

Nice! It can also be great for learning your way around a map on its harder difficulty placements by actually playing it instead of constantly dying or cheating. I think it would also be cool if there was an optional addon on top of this that also cut your max health in half!

This ought to help get through stuff like Akeldama faster, as well...

However maybe do a version that cuts health/armor pickups too, something like: +15% medkit; +6% stimpack; 60% green armor; 120% blue armor; +60% supercharge; 120%/120% megasphere; Berserk boosts health to 60%; invuln/invis last 20 sec instead of 30 sec; max health/armor is 120%

Now I can play Holy Hell Revealed.

Oh wait

Spoiler

My potato laptop cant

Excellent and simple idea. Bullet sponge and tanky monsters are sometimes no fun at all especially in large numbers. Reducing health of monsters is a great way to make crazy slaughtermaps more balanced, perhaps dare I say enjoyable.

4 hours ago, FrancisT18 said:

However maybe do a version that cuts health/armor pickups too, something like: +15% medkit; +6% stimpack; 60% green armor; 120% blue armor; +60% supercharge; 120%/120% megasphere; Berserk boosts health to 60%; invuln/invis last 20 sec instead of 30 sec; max health/armor is 120%

That will sacrifice multiport compatiblity as Vanilla Dehacked is impossible to achieve such things.

On 7/1/2020 at 4:19 PM, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Looks fun!

Hide contents

Will surely go well with Fragile-Violence :)

1\2 hp XD

I'm going to have to rename my 2 cyberdemons map to "2 half cyberdemons"

7 minutes ago, DuckReconMajor said:

If you wanted a re-match of Duck vs Sunder MAP01 all you gotta do was ask! And make a mod that gives all the enemies half health.

(video)

That hell knight double kill at ~3:00 was beautiful!

Is this actually working, I still can't beat Sunder Map01. xDDD FML.

Hey hey, sorry for the bigass necrobump, but I was wondering if a push for a Heretic version would be possible? Would be great to have it, since Heretic suffers even more from way too tanky enemies than Doom.

14 minutes ago, Endless said:

Hey hey, sorry for the bigass necrobump, but I was wondering if a push for a Heretic version would be possible? Would be great to have it, since Heretic suffers even more from way too tanky enemies than Doom.

I think the main problem is what editing standard would you use. Barely any source ports support HHE, Heretic's DeHackEd equivalent. If you target ZDoom it'd be simple though, I think Ultimate Custom Doom can already do this (not to mention there are other Heretic gameplay mods such as The Wayfarer's Tome).