Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomedout

Other games doomers play

Scientist said:

My computer can't handle all the latest games so I get to play the somewhat older ones. I've got Baldur's Gate and Quake 2 on my PC right now.
Oh and I still play doom EVERY day.

Ditto. I can barely run HalfLife on my computer, but usually crashes after 10 minutes of playtime, but thankfully Quake 2 runs ok on my computer, but the load time sucks.

Back on topic, here's a list of PC and Console games I occasionally play other than Doom:

HalfLife (rarely, though)
Metal Slug 1-4
Quake2
Halo
Medal of Honor: Frontline (XBox version)
Jet Grind Radio: Future
MegaMan (NES series)
StarCraft

I think that's it...

Emulated? Where'd you get MS3 and 4?

I'm always playing emulated NeoGeo games. Almost as much as I play Doom, if not more at times. I really need to get one and stop using the emulators, though.

Half-Life, Soldier of Fortune 2, Aliens versus Predator 2, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance (GCN)

Sorry bout this, but I find it EXTREMELY STRANGE that no one mentioned max payne...totally awesome game!

(playing it right now!)

doomedout said:

Sorry bout this, but I find it EXTREMELY STRANGE that no one mentioned max payne...totally awesome game!

(playing it right now!)

I have that game, had it before it was released actually, heh. But it debugged and my graphics eat ass so I bearly play it any more. Good game though.

doomedout said:

(playing it right now!)

I would have bought that game when I was buying my XBox, but I got Medal of Honor: Frontline instead since they only had Max Payne for PS2 at Target. I hear it's a really fun game.

doomedout said:

(playing it right now!)

Was indeed very fun at the beginning, but just like deus ex, rtcw and most games I play they loose their appeal half way.

Console games mostly. Not that I play very much. Can't fucking wait for Metroid Prime though. Gah, retarded European release dates.

doomedout said:

(playing it right now!)

I remember I had Max Payne for XBox. I found it too easy. But, I did like it and enjoy it. I thought the story was awesome.

- The NeoRageX Emulator *using a playstation controller as a joystick*
- Warcraft 3
- Diablo 2
- Quake 3
- Unreal Tournament
- Unreal 2003
- RPG Maker 2000
- Starcraft
- And I would play RtCW, but I don't understand - can you use a joystick? There's no option to (or atleast not one I found). I really want to use the damn joystick.

Oh, and then there's doom2...

i play doom. if i don't play doom, i'll play go. they are sorta opposites in gaming. that's why i love both so much. but go even more, it doesn't need these stupid computers to play _^_

doomedout said:

(playing it right now!)

I played it once through and have never touched it after that. A good game but my computer can barely run it. I downloaded a matrix mod to it one day though, now I only need to try it :)

Lizardcommando said:

Well, I can't tell you where to get the roms, but I don't think Emulators are illegal. Just do a google/yahoo search for NeoRageX.

Emulators are legal. Hell, even MAME is legal! Unfortunately, having roms which you didn't buy is NOT and most sites offering roms are kicked off again (so was a site of mine, a while ago...:S)...

The best way to lookup roms is just finding out it's name and then get some P2P program to look for the name.ZIP file.

Example: You looking for Street Fighter Alpha 2? Go to a romslist page (for most emulator there's a romslist) and look for the game. Street Fighter Alpha II = SFA2, go look with your KaZaA or whatever it is you use for SFA2.ZIP...!

TeamKill, MS3 used to be on Mame.net before they took it down. I got Metal Slug 4 from some obscure Spanish ROM site... It was well worth it though.

And here's the best reason to play Metal Slug 3 : Mojo the helper monkey !