Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Can't play on Nightmare

Is there a megawad with only big monsters in it?

Yeah, sure try this one!

Might be a little difficult for you, even on ITYTD.

LuL. Sunder is too much for my computer (and for me as a player) but the demos of succesfull runs are just insane. Those maps are something else. I would wonder around them with -nomonsters just to admire the scenery if I could...

On topic, there is CyberDreams and you can guess what's the only enemy you will find across the wad (well, almost). You are also given no weapons, except a pea shooter occasionaly to shoot switches

this one is surely full of big ones, too.

Crying not allowed!

Edited by P41R47

2 hours ago, P41R47 said:

Yeah, sure try this one!

Might be a little difficult for you, even on ITYTD.

Difficulty isn't implemented in Sunder yet, I think.

6 minutes ago, maxmanium said:

Difficulty isn't implemented in Sunder yet, I think.

oh, i didn't notice!

hahahaha fool of me!

;)

in that case, this one.

Hidden gem, how can that be possible?

;P

decino has played through nochance.wad and it's nigh impossible on uv. Lots of arch-viles and cyberdemons, especially in tight places

8 minutes ago, purist said:

You could make one with Oblige if it is just a curiosity.

Indeed. Throw in Obaddon and you can generate some pretty fun maps by itself really.

If you count Cacodemons as an heavy monster, may I reccomend to you Cacosweeper?

Map28 of Hell Revealed only has big monsters in it, and it's easier than most of the things mentioned in this thread.

Stardate20X7, wait... it's not a MegaWAD.

Spoiler

To be completely honest, I don't know what this can be accomplished. OP definitely should improve his skill through other WADs gradually, but he always asks for strange ideas. I don't know why it's limited to MegaWAD. I feel it's kind of like "just curious whether people make 20+ maps without using light weight monsters" or such.

Also, sometimes people now like to quote OP to place like that WAD which is intended for NM, which is very annoying.

1 hour ago, GarrettChan said:

Also, sometimes people now like to quote OP to place like that WAD which is intended for NM, which is very annoying.

I totally understand you, but well... i hope this nightmare doesn't last for long. For certain, it is becoming a current joke, and inside meme, maybe. And people around made callouts just to marvel of the repetitiveness, obviously, its become tiring after a while, and people is understanding that.

But, for the same reason, thats why i made that post at the new DBP thread.

We really don't know with what kind of fire we are playing...

3 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

I don't know why it's limited to MegaWAD

Spoiler

To be fair OP doesn't actually know what did PWAD meant for until maybe thousands of text jammed into his face and it doesn't help that his English is limited. He might don't even know what are 1-map WADs called.

3 hours ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

You can.

Well then here it is. It's Minesweeper. But Cacodemons.

8 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:
  Hide contents

To be fair OP doesn't actually know what did PWAD meant for until maybe thousands of text jammed into his face and it doesn't help that his English is limited. He might don't even know what are 1-map WADs called.

I do know what MegaWad is.

I wanna have a full game.

Edited by Can't play on Nightmare

46 minutes ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

Why so?

Because the levels in Sunder are big and have great graphics, thus difficulty balancing is not the focus.

I'm too young to die halves damage you receive, gives you double ammo by the way. It's a feature that's existed since the original Doom 1993.

1 hour ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Because the levels in Sunder are big and have great graphics, thus difficulty balancing is not the focus.

I'm too young to die halves damage you receive, gives you double ammo by the way. It's a feature that's existed since the original Doom 1993.

And nightmare speeds up the enemies' movements and make them come to life again and again and again after death since the original Doom 1993.

I know that Chillax borders on being a joke WAD, but it is the closest thing i can think of to what i think OPs idea is. It doesn't contain exclusively "big" monsters tho, i believe that this is something that you'll only find in some specific gimmicky WADs/maps like Cyberdreams or Plutonia 2's MAP11.

34 minutes ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

And nightmare speeds up the enemies' movements and make them come to life again and again and again after death since the original Doom 1993.

Good luck playing Sunder on Nightmare.

Edited by SchwTrdLeenW

Actually, the original release of Doom didn't have Nightmare!. It was added in the 1.2 patch, which came out in February 1994.

7 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

Actually, the original release of Doom didn't have Nightmare!. It was added in the 1.2 patch, which came out in February 1994.

Really? I didnt know that.

So hardest difficulty was UV?

4 hours ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

So hardest difficulty was UV?

Yes, Nightmare was added in as a joke response to people complaining UV is too easy.

Spoiler

Yes, I know, please don't repeat yourself saying that they should try UV fast, UV is too hard for you already or something like that.