Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Touchdown

Whoooo wanta some Wang?! | Shadow Warrior 3

I'm pretty much throwing money at the screen at this point. Enjoyed SW 2013 a hell of a lot and planning play SW2 and 3 once I get better Hardware.

I found the teaser very underwhelming. To be fair though the reboot was the only good game so far to have come out of this series so far. I couldn't get into 2 as much as i'd have liked. I think what drew me to the reboot was it was something I would have never expected to happen. When I play it now it's just not all that good. I don't think the arena gameplay holds up (also why I really didn't like Doom 2016 and Eternal). Honestly I wish people would quit calling arena gameplay "oldschool". It's really not.

Also I just found Lo Wang too much like Deadpool in this reboot. I kind of thought after the first one ended he was gonna grow to be like the old Wang, but once I saw the teaser for the 2nd I saw that isn't what this Wang is going to be. I hope 3 is a little better. I do really like a lot of Unreal Engine games except for Kingdom Hearts 3 for many reasons.

I think Flying Wild Hog is a great team and knows how to make fun games, but I wish they'd drop the arena like gameplay with their games. Shadow Warrior was just a Hard Reset mod in my opinion. I wouldn't mind seeing them do a Redneck Rampage reboot or even a Blood reboot as long as they can just stay away from the arena gameplay.

11 minutes ago, Spooner5020 said:

Blood reboot

Never happening, all attempts at making a new installment in the series or securing the rights to the IP have failed miserably.

NDS are the only studio who got the closest by striking a deal with Atari to make a remaster of the original, but the joy was short-lived as it was released in an unfinished and buggy state, and was not allowed to cook until the end, so the support was dropped prematurely. Atari claims they still have things planned for it, but so far nothing indicates things are moving in that direction.

Blood is dead, accept it.

Just now, seed said:

Never happening, all attempts at making a new installment in the series or securing the rights to the IP have failed miserably.

NDS are the only studio who got the closest by striking a deal with Atari to make a remaster of the original, but the joy was short-lived as it was released in an unfinished and buggy state, and was not allowed to cook until the end, so the support was dropped prematurely. Atari claims they still want things to do with it, but so far nothing indicates things are moving in that direction.

It was wishful thinking. I know nothing is going to happen with Blood.

The humorous atmosphere of the new trailer somewhat reminds me of Serious Sam 2. Loving it!

Stroong Eternal vives here, that's lookinng good. And woow, the blood it's like stickky, that's so cool.

At least Lo Wang have a minigun, but hope they had at least a MP7 hidden there. Hope they got something with the story of SW1 with that Hoji Mask.

On 7/9/2020 at 9:13 AM, Spooner5020 said:

Also I just found Lo Wang too much like Deadpool in this reboot. I kind of thought after the first one ended he was gonna grow to be like the old Wang, but once I saw the teaser for the 2nd I saw that isn't what this Wang is going to be. I hope 3 is a little better. I do really like a lot of Unreal Engine games except for Kingdom Hearts 3 for many reasons.

Don't wanna say old wang it's a bad character, but it's just..Flat.

Chinesse Ninja Warrior that after know Zulla betrayed him cause of..reasons, he make a travel to kill him, in the process of lossing his mentor.

Young Wang it's a Friki Comic Katana Killer dude, with a Super Heroe complex, share at least more common sense that Old Wang, and it's speaks more personality. At least Duke Nukem fit's well with their voice actor, but Wang, not too much. 

But yeah, im was also hoping to at least in some sequel to have the old apparence with that long beard. But this modern look it's really Sexy and fitting.

On 7/9/2020 at 11:23 PM, seed said:

NDS are the only studio who got the closest by striking a deal with Atari to make a remaster of the original, but the joy was short-lived as it was released in an unfinished and buggy state, and was not allowed to cook until the end, so the support was dropped prematurely. Atari claims they still have things planned for it, but so far nothing indicates things are moving in that direction.

I think it's bullshit that Atari didn't accept the original development lead Jace Hall's project to bring Blood back.

6 hours ago, Avoozl said:

I think it's bullshit that Atari didn't accept the original development lead Jace Hall's project to bring Blood back.

I know, but I think for that they had to also get WB involved to an extent, we still don't know what Jace wanted to do for sure anyway since he only teased something and went radio silent afterwards.

6 hours ago, jamondemarnatural said:

Don't wanna say old wang it's a bad character, but it's just..Flat.

Chinesse Ninja Warrior that after know Zulla betrayed him cause of..reasons, he make a travel to kill him, in the process of lossing his mentor.

Young Wang it's a Friki Comic Katana Killer dude, with a Super Heroe complex, share at least more common sense that Old Wang, and it's speaks more personality. At least Duke Nukem fit's well with their voice actor, but Wang, not too much. 

But yeah, im was also hoping to at least in some sequel to have the old apparence with that long beard. But this modern look it's really Sexy and fitting.

Eh, they're both great for different reasons in my book, the original was a bit flat due to more-or-less being just "Asian Duke" but way more politically incorrect, which I love, and I think Wang has had solid actors just like Duke and Caleb did.

The trailer looks great, can't wait to see more actual gameplay.

I have yet to play the first two games but i remember hearing that number 2 had semi-procedurally generated levels so that sort of turned me off. Then i saw some reviews for the game and it turned out that it wasn't as bad as it seemed. 

Anyways Wang was obviously more politically correct in these newer games (from what i heard and saw) as nowadays those old jokes just wouldn't fly unfortunately. It's too bad too as i do love Wang and Duke as characters, unlike most people who seem to be offended by them and what they say. I mean, it's just a game ffs. There are worse out there. There, i said it lol.

Anyways, i wouldn't mind playing this one after i play the first two. I hope it does well.

3 hours ago, seed said:

we still don't know what Jace wanted to do for sure anyway since he only teased something and went radio silent afterwards.

I think he did say what he wanted to do.

58 minutes ago, CyberDreams said:

I have yet to play the first two games but i remember hearing that number 2 had semi-procedurally generated levels so that sort of turned me off. Then i saw some reviews for the game and it turned out that it wasn't as bad as it seemed. 

Anyways Wang was obviously more politically correct in these newer games (from what i heard and saw) as nowadays those old jokes just wouldn't fly unfortunately. It's too bad too as i do love Wang and Duke as characters, unlike most people who seem to be offended by them and what they say. I mean, it's just a game ffs. There are worse out there. There, i said it lol.

Anyways, i wouldn't mind playing this one after i play the first two. I hope it does well.

Nah, just Wang is "offensive" really, unintentionally though, as the intention was the exact opposite but his jokes still went a bit overboard, and so did some enemy names in the original (Coolie in particular).

I think they simply wanted to push the boundaries from all points of view with classic SW, but just didn't know where to draw the line and what was too much. Don't have a personal issue with this though, I mean I'm an edgelord so I'm more than happy with controversial content in media ultimately, I'm not a hypocrite :p. But the Deadpool-style Wang is perfect for the modern day since that's as far as we can ever get away with nowadays without risking Wang getting "cancelled", besides, I think it's a great re-imagining of the original character, still being unmistakingly Wang, but also very fresh.

The people putting him in the same boat with Duke are just missing the point completely though, or equate DNF's "Douche Noukem" with 3D's and pre-3D's Duke. The two characters (classic Duke and DNF Douke) are basically polar opposites. Classic Duke was never a sexually frustrated, egocentric asshole, with a severe hormonal and testosterone imbalance, in addition to a hero complex.

37 minutes ago, Avoozl said:

I think he did say what he wanted to do.

He did?

To my knowledge he never explicitly stated what exactly he planned to do, and the word I've been constantly seeing in various places was also "remaster" or "remake".

33 minutes ago, seed said:

The people putting him in the same boat with Duke are just missing the point completely though, or equate DNF's "Douche Noukem" with 3D's and pre-3D's Duke. The two characters (classic Duke and DNF Douke) are basically polar opposites. Classic Duke was never a sexually frustrated, egocentric asshole, with a severe hormonal and testosterone imbalance, in addition to a hero complex.

That's a nice comparation that make stand for Young Wang more, that at least it's still share stuff from Old Wang but expand it with their own, instead of change the actictude of Duke that way.

Also, i hope the katana it's still upgradeable like SW1.

^ explosives I presume

I haven't gotten far into the first Shadow Warrior (the new one), I remember giving up on it after getting the ability to recharge health, in that one level with the collapsed bridge before a forest because I didn't know where to go next, I avoided SW2 because I didn't feel like playing it before even getting into the first one, I should probably get back to it sometime.

Looks better than Doom Eternal because of lack of stupid resourses managment, it's all about shooting and I LIKE IT!

E: Yeah they're explosives, or rather fireworks. feels like the game's taking cues from other parkour games with all the sliding, wallclimbing and wallrunning. I kind of like Wang's banter with the old guy, I guess I don't have to finish the first two just to play it. adding to wishlist.

Edited by sluggard