Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nname

Are you into clothing?

For casual attire I wear jeans, boots/shoes, solid t shirt in black or white, and a dress/plaid shirt with sleeves rolled up on top.  It's a great go to-never-have-to-think twice uniform.

When I'm going out to a concert/club the skies the limit.  That's when I'll get crazy with patched/customized leather jackets, trench coats, rit dyed jeans, anime shirts, etc.  Sorta like a fusion between Japanese and industrial/goth styles.

Edited by STILES

5 minutes ago, STILES said:

For a casual attire I wear jeans, boots/shoes, solid t shirt in black or white, and a dress/plaid shirt with sleeves rolled up on top.  It's a great go to-never-have-to-think twice uniform.

When I'm going out to a concert/club the skies the limit.  That's when I'll get crazy with patched/customized leather jackets, trench coats, rit dyed jeans, anime shirts, etc.  Sorta like a fusion between Japanese and industrial/goth styles.

Wow, you definitely have something going on. I like it!

I'm very passionate about my camo Crocs with hot sauce, Mario, Pac-Man, and Blinky Jibbitz.

I've been pretty much just wearing green cargo pants, t-shirts, short sleeve Dickies work shirts, and boots for the last 16 years. It works for me. Although when I had an office job, I did wear slacks to work. On my days off, it was back to my usual attire. So yeah, I'm not really into clothing, I go with utilitarian. 

1 hour ago, Jello said:

I've been pretty much just wearing green cargo pants, t-shirts, short sleeve Dickies work shirts, and boots for the last 16 years. It works for me. Although when I had an office job, I did wear slacks to work. On my days off, it was back to my usual attire. So yeah, I'm not really into clothing, I go with utilitarian. 

I like that!

Striped pantaloons

Black dress shirt

High leather boots

Leather belt

Leather pouch

Bandana

Tricorn hat

Long coat

What I wear everyday at these times:

Band shirt

My 9 years old perfecto model leather jacket

Jeans or pants (I used to wear only cargo pants back few years ago).

Reebok white high tops (my Nike air forces are totally destroyed after only one year of wearing them). Used to wear doc martens boots with my cargos.

Well for me I mostly wear

Anime shirts 

Mostly graphic tees in general but what I mostly wear now atm is plain t shirts 

Shorts now mostly since it's really hot outside an inside in the winter I mostly wear pants an a anime shirt under my black hoodie or a anime one since it's cold it's more than likely polyester most of the anime t shirts I have are polyester but I just mostly wear plain t shirts now  an shorts but yeah that's what I wear :)

Not really, never been into clothing at all since I wasn't allowed to dress how I actually wanted as a kid anyway.

Most of the time I'm just wearing regular pants, sometimes jeans, colored shirts, and converse shoes. Of course, I still wear my metal outfit when I'm in the mood, but it's actually been a while since I last put them on or a band shirt. 

Coincidentally, one of my outfits also is a perfect replica of Shaggy's, so I can just cosplay myself whenever I want. The only difference is that he has longer hair and he's taller, but apart from those, I got the looks down to pat :p .

21 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:
Spoiler

107961758_3857356277624491_8678110214579

New shirt day. Game over, man!

Cool! Finally somebody was brave enough to post a picture. :D

12 hours ago, seed said:

Not really, never been into clothing at all since I wasn't allowed to dress how I actually wanted as a kid anyway.

Most of the time I'm just wearing regular pants, sometimes jeans, colored shirts, and converse shoes. Of course, I still wear my metal outfit when I'm in the mood, but it's actually been a while since I last put them on or a band shirt. 

Coincidentally, one of my outfits also is a perfect replica of Shaggy's, so I can just cosplay myself whenever I want. The only difference is that he has longer hair and he's taller, but apart from those, I got the looks down to pat :p .

Haha, I actually didn't expect you in particular to reply to this post. Anyways, I'm glad you shared your opinion! :-)

Edited by xzotikk

i'd pretty much just copy-paste everything @insertwackynamehere said.

As an addendum to that post, the "weird psychological issues" wackyname mentioned go both ways. Being able to not care what you look like does come from a position of privilege. The idiot kids who talked trash in school for caring about how you look were really just privileged assholes.

Probably common knowledge to many but it bears repeating.

As someone whose weight and mental state has been fluctuating for as long as I can remember, I've run both sides of the gamut.

I've been told I look really sloppy and there's been times I've been told I look great.

There's a lot to be said of finding a piece of clothing that fits really well and looks really good on you.

Sometimes you're in a store after trying on the 4th or 5th piece of clothing and it's annoying and disheartening but sometimes you find something that fits really well and looks really good and it's a great experience.

@magicsofa's post reminded me of that /r/malefashionadvice user that bought up tons of stuff from thrift shops and learned to sew their own clothing and got really good at it. I'd love to have god-tier skills like that but I doubt I'd ever get to that point.

I agree for the most part on the logos/brands but I do reserve the right to wear band shirts on occasion and force my 80s hardcore punk tastes on everyone in the general vicinity. 

6 hours ago, DuckReconMajor said:

I agree for the most part on the logos/brands but I do reserve the right to wear band shirts on occasion and force my 80s hardcore punk tastes on everyone in the general vicinity.

I just want to make it clear, that I'm not trying to say what is right and what is wrong here. Everything I said only applies to me. As long as you're comfortable with wearing whatever you wear, then it's fine. Band tees are actually something that I like myself. :-)

Yeah I have a ton of band shirts still that I don’t wear much these days but that’s different than wearing a luxury brand that screams it’s a luxury brand through logo placement. The logo pushback is more regarding the trend that maybe began in the 90s and peaked in the mid-2000s of branding all luxury goods as the focal point of the design. I was one of those people when I was younger who liked that too because I didn’t really have a frame of reference so you grow up and that’s what is worn by “cool” people so you normalize it but in retrospect it was such a strange trend.

80% of my clothes are blue jeans and a black T-shirts (some have graphics, like the Doom shirt)

Variations include my work clothes, a couple suites and black jeans.

I rarely buy clothes nor spend much on them. But I actually do like wearing formal attire. Big fan of suites but little reason to dress in them.

Edited by Chezza

Not really, When i go to a public place, I just wear anything looks fitting. My wardrobe is 35% Jeans. I love Suits, Bandanas, Coats, Small Hats. Back then when i was a kid, I didn't care about clothing until my parents told me to wear everything by myself (:

My mom stopped buying me cloths when I started getting band shirts by my own, she thought it looked outrageous and still do nowadays even if I have nearly 200 of them as of today. She still gets me jeans or socks and shit like that because I absolutely hate shopping cloths (except for band shirts of course).

ive been into clothes for a while, but definitely in the last 5 years or so.

whats also weird is 99% of the time now i am 'dressing up' for myself only and its a bonus if someone else likes it. its really weird because i used to stress about how i looked to others when i was younger but now i really get a lot of personal satisfaction and enjoyment in putting together an outfit for myself. it also is a good outlook because buying stuff because others will like it i think leads to terrible purchases.

i work as a teacher so recently i have been upgrading my work uniform to something a bit more 'country/outdoorsy' inspired e.g. chinos, dress boots, textured shirts and ties.

my casual uniform is usually sneakers (i have far too many), joggers and a tshirt but i do mix in jeans/chinos, flannels etc when the weather is cooler.

thrifting is definitely a good idea; you can pick up real quality for little cost.

my favourite style youtubers at the moment are The Gentleman's Gazette and The Modest Man (i'm 5'8'' so some of his advice for shorter men is very useful). i dont watch their videos to dress like them but they have some very interesting advice. The Modest Man has a very good video on the wardrobe essentials which anyone who is a bit lost can use to get a great idea of a versatile wardrobe.

30 minutes ago, DesecratorJ said:

[...] I have nearly 200 of them [...]

I want to reach that level too one day but I limit myself by only buying band shirts from concerts I've been to (same for festivals). All the band t-shirts I have come from a concert I saw and enjoyed enough to go to the merch tent and buy them, so it will take a while to reach 200 :D (also because some bands don't have merch or in fests the merch disappears way too fast sometimes. Didn't get myself a Electric Wizard shirt, as an example, because they didn't bring any :( )

2 hours ago, rehelekretep said:

ive been into clothes for a while, but definitely in the last 5 years or so.

whats also weird is 99% of the time now i am 'dressing up' for myself only and its a bonus if someone else likes it. its really weird because i used to stress about how i looked to others when i was younger but now i really get a lot of personal satisfaction and enjoyment in putting together an outfit for myself. it also is a good outlook because buying stuff because others will like it i think leads to terrible purchases.

i work as a teacher so recently i have been upgrading my work uniform to something a bit more 'country/outdoorsy' inspired e.g. chinos, dress boots, textured shirts and ties.

my casual uniform is usually sneakers (i have far too many), joggers and a tshirt but i do mix in jeans/chinos, flannels etc when the weather is cooler.

thrifting is definitely a good idea; you can pick up real quality for little cost.

my favourite style youtubers at the moment are The Gentleman's Gazette and The Modest Man (i'm 5'8'' so some of his advice for shorter men is very useful). i dont watch their videos to dress like them but they have some very interesting advice. The Modest Man has a very good video on the wardrobe essentials which anyone who is a bit lost can use to get a great idea of a versatile wardrobe.

Dressing up in something I like also makes me happy, although I still care what others will think of me. But I can definitely relate to this.

6 hours ago, xzotikk said:

I just want to make it clear, that I'm not trying to say what is right and what is wrong here. Everything I said only applies to me. As long as you're comfortable with wearing whatever you wear, then it's fine. Band tees are actually something that I like myself. :-)

Nah you and this whole thread has been great. That was toward comments I'm sure any of us have gotten irl and some of the more frustrating segments of social media. 

Just now, DuckReconMajor said:

Nah you and this whole thread has been great. That was toward comments I'm sure any of us have gotten irl and some of the more frustrating segments of social media. 

I see. Well, I'm glad you like this whole discussion and I don't think that any of us should listen to these 'comments' they ruin your confidence, which can be really bad imo.

Thinking about it, I used to wear band shirts all the time, especially in middle/high school. I just kind of stopped. For one, I'm an adult, who has had adult jobs, and band shirts are usually frowned upon. Secondly, I don't like spending $20 on a shirt, or any article of clothing for that matter, just to advertise for someone. They should be paying me to be a walking advertisement. Even baseball caps, I will look high and low for one without any logo on them. And most places don't want you advertising something that's not the company you're working at anyway. I mean, a little Carhartt patch on the side is okay, but I'm not paying to advertise your product. And I'd rather buy four t-shirts in black, red, or hi-vis yellow for the cost of one band shirt.

I do miss this shirt though. It got so damn ratty and torn up since I wore it all the damn time when I was a teenager:

TSOL Rockabilly

4 hours ago, Jello said:

Thinking about it, I used to wear band shirts all the time, especially in middle/high school. I just kind of stopped. For one, I'm an adult, who has had adult jobs, and band shirts are usually frowned upon. Secondly, I don't like spending $20 on a shirt, or any article of clothing for that matter, just to advertise for someone. They should be paying me to be a walking advertisement. Even baseball caps, I will look high and low for one without any logo on them. And most places don't want you advertising something that's not the company you're working at anyway. I mean, a little Carhartt patch on the side is okay, but I'm not paying to advertise your product. And I'd rather buy four t-shirts in black, red, or hi-vis yellow for the cost of one band shirt.

I do miss this shirt though. It got so damn ratty and torn up since I wore it all the damn time when I was a teenager:

TSOL Rockabilly

I can totally relate to this. Although I like to wear something lightly branded from time to time, I love basic clothing, but it's nice to switch it up every now and then.

Just now, Zedonk said:

I get myself into clothing everyday so maybe that's a yes :P

Well, that's not quite how I meant it. :P Anyways, the shame is on me, my English isn't particularly good. :D

You're English is great.  I'm just deliberately misinterpreting the question :P

For me, the most important thing I look for in clothes is that they're quick and easy to get on so I have more time for other things.