Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Komet302

Changeing the player camera Height

Does anyone know of a source port that allows an editor to change the height of the camera in the player sprite to make the them appear taller? Or is this a fixed value in the game that cannot be changed?

Komet302 said:

Does anyone know of a source port that allows an editor to change the height of the camera in the player sprite to make the them appear taller? Or is this a fixed value in the game that cannot be changed?

Well, I don't know about editors, but in ZDoom and Legacy you can change the viewheight of the player by bringing down the console and typing in viewheight <# goes here). At least I think that's how it goes for Legacy, not sure about ZDoom. Hope this helps you out, if only a little.

Yeah, one of the two has that ability. I remember using it one time when I changed the player size to a rat. :D I tested it out by making a small passage beside the map01 starting area, and it worked. Could be fun for someone if they made a mouse tc where the player was the size of a mouse. Then again, you could just make the entire level a diffrent scale instead, but oh well. :)

Yes, you can do this very easily in Edge, editing the player entry in things.DDF:

HEIGHT=64; //players height
VIEW_HEIGHT=90% //what relation the view height has to the height

Cheers guys!, I had no idea a person could does this at all, as DemonDemon said, my plan does include sizeing the doom world 2X so i can use some "other" sprites. On another note is there any interest in that old Doom Rott TC project? I was really looking forward to it.

SaviourMike said:

I loved that follow cam for Doom.

Quit spamming N00b!

Quick, get the newbie repellant! :P

, uh can't you change the player height with dehacked?

ravage said:

uh can't you change the player height with dehacked?

Yes, you can make the player as tall or as short as you see fit, but regardless of this setting, the camera height stays the same.