Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Artman2004

Worst movies you've ever seen

What is the worst movie you've ever seen? And we're talking about the most painful, boring, cringeworthy kind of movies. 

As far as the most overrated movie I've ever seen that I found to be utterly terrible: The Shape of Water. I can't fathom how people found that boring, poorly paced, badly written movie about a woman fucking a fish such a stunningly amazing film. I'm still so confused as to why it won best picture. It wasn't nuanced, it wasn't intriguing, there was no real growth in the characters.

I've watched a lot of movies most people would consider bad. Hell, I love Troma movies. But I can usually find something to enjoy, or at least understand that they tried and failed. Hell, I even enjoyed Wrong Casa . But the success of The Shape of Water just baffles me. 

House of the Dead. It's not even worth a mockwatch, it's that awful. 

Birdemic: Shock and Terror, it was so bad and extremely boring.  Yeah there were some moments that made me laugh like the bad sfx and the terrible acting, but after a while it becomes torture.

Lord of Tears come to mind.
It is supposely about a lovercraftian entity... but well, don't get baffled by the IMDB score as, i think, much of the people that rated it is part of the cast or worked on it.

Really bad!

Another one that is really bad is Uwe Boll's Alone in The Dark

But i can't say for sure if it is intentionally bad or bad because of directorial inexperience, as the director, Uwe Boll... is kinda strange. For better or for worse, he retired from directing movies.

Alone in the Dark got a sequel... but its far better than the original, as it was made by a different director, and a lot more faithful to the games. Much considered a reboot than a sequel 

Then there are movies that are soo bad that they are good... like White Chicks.
HECK! Since ten years ago i found that a lot of people made much more references to that film as no other movie of the same time.

Edited by P41R47

for 6th grade, we read this book called Maniac Magee, which I hated 100%. Then my teacher decided to show us the made for TV movie on Nickelodeon back in the 90s adapted from the novel, and let me just tell you, the book is realistic fiction, and in the 90s, they decided to use CGI for a pretty simple thing they could have used a rubber toy for. You can find it on Youtube, but I recommend not letting your eyes melt from you skull. Still, it's your choice, a pretty awful choice. 

55 minutes ago, Mr. Freeze said:

House of the Dead. It's not even worth a mockwatch, it's that awful. 

Fie, I say!  I've watched HotD eight times.  It's gloriously terribad.

I try to avoid watching movies this terrible. Life is too precious to waste time on something that you don't enjoy, but sometimes, by chance, you have to take that punishment.

In my case, the worst movies I've ever seen are the ones that were made with that idea in mind, to be bad.

Sand Sharks, Lake Placid vs Anaconda, Komodo vs Cobra, Tape 407 (in netflix, what a shame.) and probably others I saw as a kid, when I had a taste for monsters, but the only monster movies were pure crap, lol.

Honorable mention: Superbabies. Yeah, it's supposed to be for kids but I don't think even a kid enjoys that. It was just... oh no...

Then you have bad movies that are so bad that they're good, The Room is the king of that genre, but I can mention Spy Kids, I remember watching the movie with those famous 3-D blue and red glasses during the 3-D rise.

27 minutes ago, Capellan said:

Fie, I say!  I've watched HotD eight times.  It's gloriously terribad.

hahahaha

soo bad its good?

oh i have weakness for those kind of films.

Gonna check it asap ;P

5 minutes ago, Endless said:

Tape 407

Sorry double post.

I bought that on dvd to look with my wife when we start dating... gosh, fucking hilariously bad!

And The Room... one can't say for sure, it is pure genious that we can't understand or it is pure thrash that at least is terrible bad but fun?

That Ewww Bowl film, In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale was pretty awful. I've probably seen far worse but I don't remember at the moment.

Oh wait. Battlefield Earth was fucking beyond terrible.

Also that killer bee invasion film from 1978 called The Swarm. haha.

America 3000 is pretty bad, but in a kind of funny way.

Liquid Sky is the bad kind of bad though.

Atlantic Rim and Jack and Jill both made me seriously wish for the end times.

Foodfight is a corporate sellout piece of shit too just like Jack and Jill, which is literally no more than a long commercial with insanely cringe “humour”, but at least Foodfight is so awful and backfires on itself so hard that it becomes funny in a strange sort of way.

Kevin Smith made a movie about a dude who turns into a walrus...I can't recall the name, but it was painful to watch.

Too many crappy movies out there so I'm just gonna mention the most disappointing one: The Simpsons Movie. People say it has the classic Simpson spirit but to me it's a lot like the cringy modern Simpson episodes.

21 minutes ago, Artman2004 said:

How come no one has mentioned Doug Walker's To Boldly Flee? The movie's three hours long!

Because that would insinuate that I have watched it. 

I don't usually go out of my way to watch bad movies but one way I have routinely been suckered is adaptations of things I'm already a fan of. Therefore, the worst movies I have ever seen, in the theater or otherwise are:

Doom

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

47 minutes ago, DoOmEr4LiFe said:

I don't usually go out of my way to watch bad movies but one way I have routinely been suckered is adaptations of things I'm already a fan of. Therefore, the worst movies I have ever seen, in the theater or otherwise are:

Doom

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Take out the franchise name from those movies, and they are actually entertaining, not blockbusters but well dose of fun.

Spirit within is one i watched it on a movie theatre with my father when i was 12 or 13, not remember exactly. My father that didn't know anything about Final Fantasy, come out really surprise and amazed after watching those mesmerizing realistic CG.
He loved it!

I remember watching "2012" one time (remember when the world was supposed to end?) Good god I have never been more apathetic, bored and disinterested in a movie in my whole life. I cannot remember a single character, or what the plot was other than the world ending. The disaster scenes are pretty much the only thing it has going for it, everything else is just the typical uninspired Hollywood crap at it's dullest.

Stuff like Birdemic and Jack and Jill you can tell it's shit from the get go. The type of movie I find truly insulting are the "insidiously bad" ones. The type no one really talks about when discussing bad movies, and which you could even mistake for a good movie if you weren't paying enough attention.

Leonard Part 6 starring Bill Cosby. I remember buying this on DVD for like $3.00 brand new not really knowing what it was when i was younger-ish and after i watched it i still felt ripped off, even though i had only spent about $3.00 on it! I then found out that its known to be a one of the worst movies ever made. A little too late for me me i guess!

Hereditary. 

One of the most boring, dull, unoriginal horror(?) films I've ever seen.  A paper thin plot with what seemed like 3 hours of bloat. 

I seriously struggled to stay awake. 

3 hours ago, BBQgiraffe said:

The Dead Don't Die, the acting was super wooden and the story was all over the place

I was so excited when I saw the casting for that movie. Bill Murray is one of my favorite comedy actors, and persons. The random shit he does is hilarious. And Tom Waits is my favorite musician. And I always love a movie, or a show, with Steve Buscemi in it. He has a screen presence like none other. And while zombie movies have become the course de jour, I've always had an affection towards them. Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, what have you, I generally like zombie movies.

So when I saw Bill Murray, Tom Waits, and Steve Buscemi were in a zombie movie, I couldn't wait to see it. And while watching it, I couldn't wait for it to end. It was so badly paced, and so badly written, and so badly plotted. I don't know if they were told to go for a "Fargo" style, deadtone speech style on purpose, or if noone involved really cared about the project to begin with. Could've been great, but nobody seemed enthused about the project.

I'm also in the camp of trying to avoid bad movies as a whole, unless they end up being so bad they're good, but that rarely ever is the case.

Regardless, the worst movie I've watched up to this day is Bad Moon in my opinion. Absolute garbage with no redeeming qualities, most retarded writing I've seen in a werewolf movie ever.