Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Liberation

1000 Line 2 CP - Completed

Huge congrats on the release everyone!

I thoroughly enjoyed playing through the beta on this. With each map taking typically only a few minutes* it's got great forward momentum. You can probably play through the whole mapset in a single sitting without too much difficulty.

* That one secret map excepted...

Congrats on the release! I've been looking forward to playing this and can't wait to tell you guys what I think.

Screenshots look killer :D

The midtextures don't seem to work correctly, they aren't see-through (I'm using prBoom+ complevel 2)

2 hours ago, Horus said:

The midtextures don't seem to work correctly, they aren't see-through (I'm using prBoom+ complevel 2)

Thanks Horus, 4 mid textures have been corrected.

Upload link has been updated.

EDIT: As it happens a fair few mid textures were playing up for some reason, the upload has been fully updated.

Edited by Liberation

Ooh... this seems real fun!

One issue I've encountered so far. On MAP10 you can get trapped inside this chainsaw secret:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20200712_213349_compressed.jpg.a0a7458f6a337266a096f20c138bd825.jpg

Recording of levels 1-5 here. This was done on UV difficulty, prBoom+ complevel 2, before the midtex fix

00:00 - Map01 - Severed Dreams By Liberation
06:45 - Map02 - Reprocessing By Pegleg
24:15 - Map03 - Milliphobia By antares031
37:40 - Map04 - Vedauwoo By Aquila Chrysaetos 
55:45 - Map05 - Corrosion By StormCatcher

Congrats on the release. I've heard so many good things about this project. I'll definitely play this later, and thanks everybody for making this happen!

I've just played Maps 6-11 (after midtex fix) but annoyingly the recording failed :(

I played map 6 on UV, which was really hard (almost as hard as map 4) so I switched to HMP for map 7 onwards. Since then I've had an easier time of it. Map 9 seemed very imbalanced on the ammo/health front, very ammo starved in the first half, then the second half suddenly flushed with ammo and a megasphere I didn't need (looking at the editor out of curiosity I see there's a cyber flagged as hard only but megasphere flagged as medium and hard only, I suggest either the cyber is added on medium or the megasphere removed on medium).

Ice episode is pretty good so far. Wasn't a fan of being locked out of the secret exit on map 15 after dropping down into the final area though, so I used IDCLIP to get back up (a teleporter back up to the starting area would be appreciated here). What was the MIDI on map 12 btw?

00:00 - Map12 - Thirty Below by Dreadopp
09:10 - Map13 - Zero Degrees by Lord_Z
18:15 - Map14 - Negelida By Worm
30:50 - Map15 - Abstract Thoughts by DMPhobos

50:25 - Map31 - Crimson Complex By Dragonfly

57 minutes ago, Horus said:

Ice episode is pretty good so far. Wasn't a fan of being locked out of the secret exit on map 15 after dropping down into the final area though, so I used IDCLIP to get back up (a teleporter back up to the starting area would be appreciated here).

If i had the lines to spare, i would had loved to add a way back to the start after unlocking the regular exit =P

12 minutes ago, DMPhobos said:

If i had the lines to spare, i would had loved to add a way back to the start after unlocking the regular exit =P

Eh, I know it's a line-constrained community project but I struggle to believe four linedefs can't be spared somewhere. Of course, completely up to you as it's your map, but I feel like it would be a worthwhile change.

24 minutes ago, Horus said:

but I struggle to believe four linedefs can't be spared somewhere.

The amount of line optimization in some of these maps is just so tight that four linedefs can become insanely difficult to find. Speaking from woeful experience :P

So I have some free time on my hands and decided to give episode 3 a whirl.

I'm sure that the WAD has been tested (extensively, likely on Discord) with gameplay stuff fixed, but I would still present my feedbacks anyway.

Before continuing, all maps were played on UV, PRBoom+ complevel 2. In general, all maps I played so far have pretty good visuals and nice layouts (and mostly competent gameplay), and because I'm a dumb person, I don't give a shit about graphical errors. Feedbacks below will mostly focus on gameplay.

MAP12

• The red key battle drags on a bit too long - as in, higher tier enemies only start dropping in after the red key was obtainable.
  • I think bullets are just too plentiful in general, maybe try toning down the bullet boxes a bit?
  • The Cyberdemon should be blocking the exit, it felt too safe and I just ran past stuff.

MAP13

• The caco battle after you get the yellow key is way too cheesable, I suggest repositioning some of them or just do something with the door.
  • Some barrels are useless here, like the ones in the caco room mentioned above. Yes, they might be useful in the revenant battle near end, but it's nonetheless hard to lure some in there.
  • Zombies reinforced way too late in the red key ambush, I escaped the archvile with ease. (only 1 zombieman was blocking me to the right)
  • Hell nobles at the end is a lame way to end the map - 2 or 3 should suffice.

MAP14

Competent arctic techbase map, though some ambushes are a bit dumb and can be cheesed.

MAP15

Again, nothing much to say. Clever abuse of infinite height and archvile and the large arena tho.

A couple more videos. Again, fun stuff! Bug details are in the Discord

00:00 - Map16 - Cold Shoulder by Breezeep

10:10 - Map17 - Snow Frontier by Misty

22:40 - Map18 - Dour Tower by Jimmy

35:00 - Map19 - The Crystalline Vault By Scotty

00:00 - Map20 - The Pale Helm By RonnieJamesDiner

20:15 - Map21 - The Gardeners of Eden By AD_79

35:40 - Map22 - Tuama By Major Arlene

And a couple more videos:

00:00 - Map23 - Oratory By Walter

08:55 - Map24 - Marblelous By Leo

18:40 - Map25 - Metamorphism By elend

35:10 - Map26 - Heavenly Gantlet By LowGcifer

00:00 - Map27 - THUNDERBASTARD By an_mutt
28:55 - Map28 - The Halls of Reckoning By Bridgeburner

It was fun to be a part of this again. Great job to everyone who worked on the project and thanks to everyone who has played it so far!

And the rest of the videos are here! What an awesome project, congrats to Liberation, the mappers, musicians, and everyone involved!

00:00 - Map29 - Marble Tombstone By Bauul
15:15 - Map30 - Eldritch By RonnieJamesDiner

Spoiler

Map32 - Ephemeral By Aurelius

Spoiler

Map33 - Boreas By Aquila Chrysaetos

Spoiler

Map34 - Horseshoe of Death By DJV

Spoiler

Nice work, the map design is surprising consistent for a community project. Anyway, I played RC1 on UV in GZdoom 4.4.2 and I noticed some problems:

MAP01: not enough ammo, I had to rely on monster infigting in the blue key room and even had to finish the exit pinkie with fist.

MAP10: player can become trapped inside blue armor secret.

MAP18: thing 384 (shells) is unreachable.

MAP22: monsters from sectors 109 and 137 never teleported into playable areas.

MAP23: it would be nice to make the EXIT sign more visible.

MAP26: linedef 32 must be DR, not D1. Also, player can become trapped inside sectors 148, 149 and 155 in the starting room.

I'm sad that i don't have much time to do an extensive write-up, because this megawad has some of my favorite levels of the year. Well done Liberation & Co.!

Oh, and there's a possible texture misalignment on Map22 (found in the latest Crispy Doom), in front of the exit room:

Spoiler

DOOM0000.png.56d13b9961872011025da0c33a79cd48.png

Edited by Catpho

3 hours ago, Catpho said:

I'm sad that i don't have much time to do an extensive write-up, because this megawad has some of my favorite levels of the year. Well done Liberation & Co.!

Oh, and there's a possible texture misalignment on Map22, in front of the exit room:

Hide contents

DOOM0000.png.56d13b9961872011025da0c33a79cd48.png

aw heckin heck

thanks for catching it!

This was such a fun project to participate and i feel the quality of the maps was raised considerably compared to the last project, congrats everyone on the idgames release!

Sorry for bumping, but I really want to beat map32 without spoilers.

Spoiler

Should I disable infinitely tall monsters? Just "yes" or "no". Please, don't spoil anything.

Edit:

Spoiler

Nevermind. I managed to pass through the revenants.

Edited by dmslr