Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MLGari

I fuckin hate raisins

Why?

when you bite into a cookie and expect chocolate chips and instead get the DISGUSTING taste of the raisins instead 

and that's why I've had a permanent hatred for them even covered in yogurt they STILL suck

582585746_raisinhate.png.cb6941abf4adfa65c9d3de22c02177ee.png

Edited by MLGari

I bloody love raisins. Sultanas especially. As a kid I'd just eat handfuls of them. Grapes generally are top class fruit, whether dried as raisins, fresh from the vine, or turned into wine. 

Especially turned into wine. 

I will reach for an oatmeal raisin cookie over a chocolate chip any day of the week

I like raisins, but they ain't shit compared to dried cranberries. Lemon poppy seed muffins with dried cranberries, I am all over that.

Raisin cookies are fine, you just have to be told they’re NOT chocolate chip beforehand to avoid heartbreak. Once you know what to expect, they’re delicious. Also raisin bran/sultana bran are A tier cereals.

Raisin is a great dried fruit. I can't thing of a dessert which can be spoiled by adding raisins (not in a large amount, of course).
On the other hand, some sorts of grapes make raisins rubber and tough which makes it stuck in your teeth

10 hours ago, Bauul said:

I bloody love raisins. Sultanas especially. As a kid I'd just eat handfuls of them. Grapes generally are top class fruit, whether dried as raisins, fresh from the vine, or turned into wine. 

Especially turned into wine. 

My mom makes a sultana cake loaded with them. Pretty damned tasty.

5 hours ago, Clippy said:

I will reach for an oatmeal raisin cookie over a chocolate chip any day of the week

Same here. Oatmeal raisin cookies are awesome.

raisins are perfectly fine. however, I can understand why you'd be emotionally scarred by the experience of biting into a seeming chocolate chip cookie, only for it to be raisin oatmeal.

Not all raisins are made equal, go to a local farmers market and get some local ones.  Those are generally a lot bigger and juicier than your typical California raisin.

I hate raisins too. Nothing quite like the absolute hell of seeing some freshly baked chocolate chip cookies only to discover it's frikin' raisins.

5 minutes ago, Nevander said:

I hate raisins too. Nothing quite like the absolute hell of seeing some freshly baked chocolate chip cookies only to discover it's frikin' raisins.

Thank you for spotting this global issue

I assume your least favorite demon from DOOM is the Hell raiser

image.png.bc61750f6f87840caea465d764d700a8.png

They're actually good but with something else besides them :^) .

I second that. Fuck em'. Who looked at a perfectly good, plump, juicy, tasty, wonderful grape and said "Make it taste like fucking shit". Grapes are probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite fruit, and raisins? Can you consider them a fruit? There just a husk of a grape. I, for one, am SICK and TIRED of everyone talking about how they're "Not that bad" or "They're good with [insert food]!" They're not, they are a perfect example of the issues of modern society. They are the reason society is not on Mars/any other planet. 

"Khan Makyr Hell Chocolate" is a pretty damn hilarious name.  (pictured in original post)   Needs better GFX though.

I feel OP is also the kind of person who detests liquorice, sweet or salt.*

*A lot of people in general do not like liquorice.**

**Not to be confused with Liquorice.

Twizzlers is fake plastic garbage.   The more generic fruity kinds are even more plastic.   The actual real stuff is alright.

i love all kind of dry fruits as we call on my country (raisins, peanut, almond, walnut, hazelnut).
The fucking thing that i hate is that a pack of cookies with bazillion raisins is cheaper than a a pack of raisins alone... wtf?¡?

Seems like producing just raisins is far more difficult and expensive than making cookies with raisins on them. 

Clearly you never learned to feel if the "chip" gives way or not to determine if it was an actual chocolate chip versus a raisin, so you brought this on yourself, OP.

Also, I like raisins. Suck it down, preferably with oatmeal, after having been baked into a roughly round shape.

tenor.gif?itemid=12872122

Edited by Dark Pulse

Raisins are an abomination. Here, let's take grapes and remove literally everything that makes them so delicious. It's like putting tiny ballsacks in your mouth. They're a meal ruiner for me, second only to cinnamon.

Holy FUCK I hate cinnamon. A tiniest speck of it will turn any snack inedible to the point where I might actually dry heave and/or puke.