Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wadmodder Shalton

What "Lost Media" are you interested in?

I also think alot of the unreleased Counter-Strike maps (namely those that were cut from Condition Zero & Global Offensive) are also noteworthy to be mentioned here.

We all know that Condition Zero shifted to different developers at least four times (Rogue Entertainment, Gearbox Software, Ritual Entertainment, & Turtle Rock Studios), and every time development changes, content gets cut out. Regarding Global Offensive, there's a few maps that were removed from the game during the later updates & operations, as these maps were less played by CS:GO players.

We all know that ESCalation is a novice when it comes down to cut Counter-Strike content, and he has made a few recreations of the unreleased Gearbox Software Condition Zero maps, and at least one unreleased Global Offensive map, that of course is de_balkan (a remake of the Condition Zero map de_vostok).

Also, I've archived a large set of cut, beta, & "early version" maps for Counter-Strike 1.6 & my own archive consisting of cut Condition Zero and maps from the mostly abandoned Counter-Strike Xbox mod. I also created an archive of custom maps that were released by the level designers (such as David Johnston, Chris Auty, Michael Visser, David Marsh, among others) of the original Counter-Strike dating back from 1999 up until 2004.

Here's links to these respective archives:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ydT_27U9Ik9AVgj0Pu-09NcVg0ECLPhj/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iO7ZPVb8Honpf7bM4_zVpdNCUW0F9Cz3/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yu-IImRzGmwTIelfYFk5P-kb_5IdpLmo/view?usp=drivesdk

If you likely remember any of these custom maps from the latter archive, I've archived these maps for you, so you don't have to find them in your own, as many of these custom maps created by the level designers for the original Counter-Strike are hard to find.

Edited by Wadmodder RiderPùdu

Also, Speaking about Counter-Strike, I have these test archives that I've made mainly when I experiment with Counter-Strike 1.6 or Condition Zero.

Here they are:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10lyzPFuryFWjF12oAfJ17QsItASKBu9y/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aFum1Pzwp4YKgL1MH5KW18W3F5KP6JT_/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n07-q_SEggnzIRSdg35Uv7tQpxbByHgf/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler

For the alternate versions of the default WAD files included, I modified n0th1ng.wad from Counter-Strike 1.6 to include the security camera textures from the Beta 1.0 version of CS_Siege that were removed in Beta 3.0 or 4.0, so that you can play the Beta 1.0 & 2.0 versions of CS_Siege without those textures missing. In the case of the default Condition Zero WAD files, I included a few missing textures (from the 2003 Leaked Build) for use of playing the earlier versions of the maps that would be included in the final release, as many of these maps included in the leaked beta were simply the same as the Xbox version of Counter-Strike, but with a different lighting system (either similar to the final release of Condition Zero, the Xbox version of Counter-Strike, or a mix of both) & missing textures (particuarlly the missing textures that weren't included in the WAD files of the Final Release or the Leaked Beta), so that way you can play the leaked beta maps included in the 2003 Half-Life 2 leak without any missing textures.

Also, is it impossible to find the only missing texture in the cut Condition Zero map CS_DesertBunker? It's technically this one here:

2007745417_CS_DesertbunkerMissingTexture.png.b5b183a1170f2893f583c293a8d3e446.png

Does it appear in the only screenshot of this cut Condition Zero map that was released when Gearbox was in charge of the development at the time (2001-2002)? As seen here:

cs_desertbunker.png.5180ceaa22d2cda2ff0c6fb4857e45c3.png

If so, which of the following WAD files in Condition Zero's files would it had been used in?

Spoiler

Here a list of these WAD files in question, These include both the Retail WAD files included with Condition Zero, and the WAD files included in the leaked build origination from the 2003 Half-Life 2 leak:

Retail WAD files:

czcs_downed.wad

czcs_havana.wad

czcs_italy.wad

czcs_militia.wad

czcs_office.wad

czde_airstrip.wad

czde_aztec.wad

czde_cbble.wad

czde_chateau.wad

czde_corruption.wad

czde_fastline.wad

czde_inferno.wad

czde_piranesi.wad

czde_prodigy.wad

czde_sienna.wad

czde_stadium_pi.wad

czde_tides.wad

czde_truth.wad

czde_vostok.wad

czrirtual_standard.wad

decals.wad

hlbasics.wad

tempdecal.wad

Leaked Beta WAD files:

as_destown.wad

cs_arcticbiolab.wad

czas_destown.wad

czaz_destown_sub.wad

czcs_arcticbiolab.wad

czcs_bridge.wad

czcs_miami.wad

czcs_penal.wad

czde_aztec2.wad

czde_bridge.wad

czde_canal.wad

czde_cityofsin.wad

czde_comrade.wad

czde_quarry.wad

czde_quarry2.wad

czde_rubble.wad

desert.wad

shoothouse.wad (originally used in the original custom map from 2000)

vostok.wad

xcs_arcticbiolab.wad

xcs_bridge.wad

xcs_downed.wad

xcs_havana.wad

xcs_italy.wad

xcs_miami.wad

xcs_militia.wad

xcs_office.wad

xcs_penal.wad

xde_airstrip.wad

xde_aztec.wad

xde_bridge.wad

xde_canal.wad

xde_chataeu.wad

xde_corruption.wad

xde_dust.wad

xde_fastline.wad

xde_inferno.wad

xde_piranesi.wad

xde_prodigy.wad

xde_rubble.wad

xde_stadium_pi.wad

xde_tides.wad

xde_truth.wad

xde_vostok.wad

xritual_standard.wad

In my cut Condition Zero map archive, I put a placeholder "E" texture file in desert.wad if any of you can find which of these WAD files from the spoiler list above could have contained that missing texture at some point of development Condition Zero, before being scrapped by either Ritual Entertainment or Turtle Rock Studios.

Just wanted to let you guys know about my experimental Counter-Strike stuff.

Edited by Wadmodder Shalton

The entirety of the Half Life 2 beta. Just looking at the concept art for all of it makes me genuinely disappointed none of it is in the final game. While I'm on this topic I would pay all the money in the world for a Half Life 2 remaster. That game was pretty much flawless (besides the fucking run energy being tied to your flashlight) and only the graphics hold it back. Even then it's just a few questionable low poly models, most of it still holds up. The last few chapters of the game have some of the most stunning visuals I've ever seen but just suffer from some low quality textures. Sorry for getting side tracked and whatnot but seriously the amount of content we didn't get makes me angry.

Sega Channel menu ROMs.

There's actually an archive of approximately a third of these that got put up on the internet (everything from its December 1994 launch until January 1996), but the remaining 2/3rds are lost to time currently. The service didn't end until July 1998.

If dumps of those were found, it's entirely possible some games that were only ever broadcast on Sega Channel (Garfield: The Lost Levels, "split" versions of Sonic 3D Blast and Super Street Fighter II, etc.) will be discovered and re-uploaded onto the internet.

Edited by Dark Pulse

I'd be interested in seeing those odd mockups Rebecca Heineman mentioned from the development of Doom's 3DO port, supposedly something about .jpeg files which were just stuff drawn onto screenshots, which that Scott guy apparently thought was enough for just putting in the game.

Really though, any developmental content for any game or other work I'm fond of.

On Event Horizon earlier in the thread, I kinda figure the whole premise working as Doom before Doomguy gets involved, while Ghosts Of Mars is a bit more like actual Doom (perhaps leaning slightly towards Tom Hall's design document given all the characters). It even has Buckethead, which makes it retroactively more Doom-ish.

On 7/13/2020 at 9:20 PM, Jello said:

120 Days of Sodom is fucked up, to put it mildly. The fleshed out parts are pretty run of the mill sexual fetishes up to day thirty, with some Coprophilia thrown in. But he never finished the last 90 days, they're basically just notes on what he wanted to explore when he wrote it. And it gets heavily into rape, dismemberment, and necrophilia. That's why I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing that he never finished it. But still, it's a work of literature, so the world deserves to judge it on it's own merits. I'm just amazed that I got to sit in study hall when I was a senior and read it. But I brought it from home.

So technically 120 Days of Sodom is actually titled 30 Days of Sodom right?

14 hours ago, N1ck said:

The entirety of the Half Life 2 beta. Just looking at the concept art for all of it makes me genuinely disappointed none of it is in the final game. While I'm on this topic I would pay all the money in the world for a Half Life 2 remaster. That game was pretty much flawless (besides the fucking run energy being tied to your flashlight) and only the graphics hold it back. Even then it's just a few questionable low poly models, most of it still holds up. The last few chapters of the game have some of the most stunning visuals I've ever seen but just suffer from some low quality textures. Sorry for getting side tracked and whatnot but seriously the amount of content we didn't get makes me angry.

Hey, at least we still have mods, it looks like a lot of people feel the same we do. Too bad none have gotten too far, MI is in limbo, Absolute Zero for HL1 got cancelled, and others are plain bad or reuse leak maps and content galore.

Let's hope Dark Interval doesn't die, so far it's the one that got the farthest and still goes strong.

I have some interest in long-lost deleted scenes. One classic is the spider pit sequence from the original King Kong. I enjoy Peter Jackson's recreation, but as for the original footage, it's highly likely that the film's producer destroyed it after cutting it from the film. We're basically left with the original script, a couple of still photos, possibly one or two stop-motion marionettes that made it into The Black Scorpion in the 1950s (though I don't know if they're around today), and not much else.

Speaking of Kong, apparently a scene was filmed for King Kong vs. Godzilla in which Godzilla comes across a massive statue of Kannon (aka Guanyin, a bodhisattva). Again, no footage, but we do have a kind of surreal still photo:

b0007491_1382612.jpg.03b35571e58f718d36345ae7f8bec3f4.jpg

Also, I bet anyone here probably heard about the infamous Scientology parody film "The Profit" from 2001. It was directed by a former Scientologist (Peter N. Alexander), and was only screened in a few locations. These were Cannes Film Festival (in France), Leipzig (in Germany) and a few theaters in Tampa Bay (in Florida). The film was infamously controversial that a few Scientologists protested it, and the distribution was blocked by the Church of Scientology in 2002.

As such the film itself wouldn't see the light of day until 2008, when the hactivist group Anonymous leaked a copy of the film during the Project Chanology protests.

While the film had been initially taken down from YouTube shortly after being leaked, a copy of the film is available on Internet Archive if your interested.

5 hours ago, seed said:

Hey, at least we still have mods, it looks like a lot of people feel the same we do. Too bad none have gotten too far, MI is in limbo, Absolute Zero for HL1 got cancelled, and others are plain bad or reuse leak maps and content galore.

Let's hope Dark Interval doesn't die, so far it's the one that got the farthest and still goes strong.

You forgot the Raising The Bar Redux mod for HL2.

8 hours ago, Wadmodder RiderPùdu said:

You forgot the Raising The Bar Redux mod for HL2.

I didn't, but it hasn't gotten too far yet, hence why I didn't bring it up.

16 hours ago, seed said:

I didn't, but it hasn't gotten too far yet, hence why I didn't bring it up.

While true, most of these HL2 beta reconstruction mods require Episode Two, likely due to an undocumented Weapon coding in the game.

Also, many of the content that was cut in the current iteration of Team Fortress 2 before it's release (2006-2007) has been made playable in a mod titled Pre-Fortess 2. Before that mod was released, we didn't have a way to code any of the weapons & grenades cut from TF2 before release until now.

As we all know, Duke Nukem Forever's early builds will likely never see the light of day, but were in luck, as Mikko Sandt & Luciano "Gambini" Gallo made a mod for Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition for the eDuke32 source port that recreates numerous portions of the E3 2001 trailer, in addition to footage from the E3 1998 trailer, the 2003 & 2006 gameplay footage, and numerous pre-release screenshots. Here is a comparison of the iconic E3 2001 trailer and the mod:

It's also a bit of a shame we don't have a mod for Half-Life 1 or Team Fortress Classic that recreates the GoldSrc iteration of Team Fortress 2 (Valve's Team Fortress/Brotherhood of Arms), as there's probably not enough resources necessary to recreate it. I want to see these maps seen in those Valve's Team Fortress/Brotherhood of Arms screenshots and videos recreated in playable form in the future.

The loss of much of the silent movie era is a real shame but i think i have to go super old school for my answer and say The Lost Library of Alexandria. Almost hurts to consider what valuable historic knowledge was lost when that place was destroyed.

Edited by Murdoch

Since this is a Doom forum, my answer will revolve around PWADs, as usual. In no particular order:

The original and authentic lethe.wad by John W. Anderson.

The original release of betray.wad with its original time stamp.

The original ZIPs of the loose maps of that E1 Contest.

That Subderma map by Christen David Klie.

The entire contents of that hypothetical CD-R owned by Bob Evans.

This unreleased game for Sega Genesis, showing some cool 3D effects (and awesome Matt Furniss music)

Also, there are those Russian bootleg mod releases burned on discs (CD-ROM or DVD-ROM) back in the late-1990s to late-2000s. These were produced by Russian software pirates when the average consumer in Russia didn't have the money to buy official expansion packs for PC games, or even legitimate software for that matter, but these bootleg mod releases were illegally bundled with the base game to make them look like they were standalone releases. These releases also had the most crappiest cover arts, as many of these were images taken from the internet & photoshopped onto other images, making these mod releases look like lower-budgeted counterparts to the games that these mods required. I also think that these box arts puts Phoenix Games' 3D box art designers to shame. The cover arts look like these Russian bootlegger threw it together with a bunch of other artwork, concept arts, or even pre-release screenshots, some of which aren't even from these games. These bootleg mod releases consists of just a popular mod commonly download by many gamers & burned onto a disc, or just weird original creations by these Russian bootleggers.

These bootleg mod releases were made for some of the most popular games in the Russian warez community back in the late-1990s to late-2000s, including but not limited to:

- Age of Empires series

- Warcraft II & III

- Heroes of Might & Magic III & IV

- DOOM 3

- Quake III & IV

- Half-Life 1 & 2

- Unreal Tournament series

- Grand Theft Auto III, Vice City, & San Andreas

- Ghost Recon (the 2001 game)

- Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Outcast & Jedi Academy

- Command & Conquer series

- Soldier of Fortune I & II

- The Sims franchise

- Civilization series

- Serious Sam series

- S.T.A.L.K.E.R series

- Return to Castle Wolfenstein

- Neverwinter Nights series

- Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

- Max Payne 1 & 2

- Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth II

- Far Cry 1

- Fallout series

- F.E.A.R series

- The Elder Scrolls III & IV

- Diablo II

- Crysis 1

- Counter-Strike series

- Call of Duty series

- Battlefield series

- Microsoft Flight Simulator series

- Mount & Blade I

- Blitzkreig series

There might be other games that had bootleg mod releases in Russia but these are the games that got the most bootleg mod releases in that country.

Most of these bootleg mod releases have been archived by the abandonware website Legends World (3D Shooter Legends & Adventure Legends) while others haven't been archived. Many of these bootleg mod releases had been modified by members to remove contents from the base game (thankfully) to allow them to work with the English versions of those games.

Here's the list of these bootleg mod releases in alphabetical order & the games that they require (this doesn't include anything Akella made, as they were a legit publisher in Russia, or any official DLC releases for those games or even bootleg mod compilations):

Spoiler

18 Wheels of Steel: Pedal to the Metal - Russ Mod

Age of Empires III: The Tribe Course

Age of Empires: Final Conquest

Aliens Versus Predator 2: Star Wars

Battlefield 1918

Battlefield 1942: Desert Combat

Battlefield 1942: Eternal Silence

Battlefield 1942: Finn Wars

Battlefield 1942: Galactic Conquest

Battlefield 2: Forgotten Hope 2

Battlefield 2: Last Battle

Battlefield 2: Local Wars

Battlefield Vietnam: Crime Syndicates Covert Conflict 2020

Black & White 2: Play of Destiny

Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood - 3 Days in Hell

Call of Duty 2: Feat of the Soldier

Call of Duty 2: Священная война

Call of Duty: Operation Abver

Call of Duty: Тайны рейха

Command & Conquer: Generals - Desert Storm II

Command & Conquer: Generals - Iraq War

Command & Conquer: Generals - Project Raptor

Command & Conquer: Generals - Reloaded Fire

Command & Conquer: Yuri's Revenge 2

Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Company of Heroes: War Machine

Counter-Strike: Condition Zero - Evolution

Counter-Strike: Source - Русский спецназ

Crysis: Cold Mountain

Crysis: Maniac Mod

Crysis: Operation Neodym

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction - Baldur's Gate

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction - Eastern Sun

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction - Hades Underworld

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction - Resurrection

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction - The Evil 2

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction - The Grapes of Wrath

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction - Underworld

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction - Zy-El

Doom 3: Deimos Panic

Doom 3: ExorcisM

Doom 3: Fallen Angel

Doom 3: In Hell

Doom 3: Nightmare

Doom 3: Phantasm

Doom 3: Phobos Anomaly

Doom 3: The Orbital Collapse

Dungeon Siege: Alvarus

Dungeon Siege: Ice Wind

Dungeon Siege: Legends of Allods

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Lord of Shadows

Elder Scrolls III: Wizards' Islands - Scourge of the Frost Bringer

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Тайна Энурк

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Золотое издание

F.E.A.R.: Brutal Force

F.E.A.R.: Dead Phantom

Fallout of Nevada

Fallout: New Vegas - Project Brazil

Far Cry: Antiterror

Far Cry: Back to the Paradise

Far Cry: Collateral Damage

Far Cry: Commando

Far Cry: Devil's Island

Far Cry: Illusion of War

Far Cry: K9 Vision

Far Cry: Missile Attack

Far Cry: Spec Ops

Far Cry: Spring Creatures

Far Cry: Ultimate

Far Cry: War Antiterror

Far Cry: Кулак ярости

FIFA 06: Российская премьер-лига

FIFA 09 - USSR Classic Team

Grand Theft Auto III: Real

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Casino Royale

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Die Hard 4.0

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Hot Coffee

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Miami Vice

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Mod GTA 4

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Night Crime

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Resident Evil 3

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Resident Evil Dead Aim

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Robbery of the Century

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Steep Turn

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Sunny Mod

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Возрождение 4Life

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Войны Районов

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Криминальная Россия

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Порочный остров

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Aliens vs Predator

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Deluxe

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Killer Kip

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Liberty City

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Long Night

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Modern Mod

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Myriad Islands

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Prison

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Snow

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Ultimate

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Ментовский беспредел

Half-Life: Azure Sheep

Half-Life: Chernobyl

Half-Life: Frontline

Half-Life: Frontline Force

Half-Life: Heart of Evil

Half-Life: Retribution

Half-Life: The Opera

Half-Life: Wanted!

Half-Life 2: Antlion Troopers Deuce

Half-Life 2: Breath of Xen

Half-Life 2: Day Hard

Half-Life 2: Dead Sector

Half-Life 2: Deadly Threat

Half-Life 2: Deal With Destiny

Half-Life 2: Eclipse

Half-Life 2: Episode Two - Случай в деревне

Half-Life 2: Leon

Half-Life 2: Return of Resistance

Heroes of Might and Magic III 1/2 Life vs Death

Heroes of Might and Magic 3.5: In the Wake of Gods

Heroes of Might and Magic IV: Alexander

Heroes of Might and Magic IV: Chariot of Destiny

Heroes of Might and Magic IV: Dungeons & Dragons

Heroes of Might and Magic IV: Epoch of Death

Heroes of Might And Magic IV: Excalibur

Heroes of Might and Magic IV: Last Battle

Heroes of Might and Magic IV: The Lord of the Rings

Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth II - The Rise of The Witch-King: Battle of Heroes

Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth II - The Rise of The Witch-King: The Fall of Stormwind

Marine Sharpshooter 4: Locked and Loaded

Max Payne: The True Matrix

Max Payne 2: Matrix

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne - 7th Serpent: Crossfire

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne - Battle Tactics

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne - Matrix

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne - Mission Impossible: New Dawn

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne - The Big Reveal

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne - The Chronicles

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne - The Punisher

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - Behind the Enemy Lines

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - Fatal Weapon

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - For the Nation

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - Frontline

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - Secret Weapons

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - War in France '44

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - Западный фронт

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - Идущие на смерть

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - Операция "Чёрный лис"

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - Сволочи

Medal of Honor: EuropeFire

Microsoft Flight Simulator 98: Jumbo Jet 2.0

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000: Corporate Pilot

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002: Airport 2002 Volume I

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002: Combat Jet Trainer

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002: World Airlines

Mount & Blade: France 1431

Mount & Blade: Hegemony Timeless Kingdoms

Mount & Blade: Star Wars - Conquest

Mount & Blade: Огнём и мечом

Neverwinter Nights: Curse of Levor

Neverwinter Nights: Dark Soul

Neverwinter Nights 2: The Era Illitids

Neverwinter Nights 2: Тень вампира

NHL 2003: ПХЛ 2003/04

Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis - Peacemaker

Operation Flashpoint: Planet of War

PES 2011: Pro Evolution Soccer - Российская премьер лига

Quake 3: Half Dead

Quake III: Arena - Blood Rally

Quake III: Arena - Fight in Space

Quake III: Arena - Fire and Ice

Quake III: Arena - Sidrial

Quake III: Arena - The Running Man

Quake III: Arena - Under Sight

Quake III: Arena - Urban Terror

Quake III: Солдат

Quake 4: Chronicles of the Infantryman

Quake 4: Грани Реальности - Секретная Служба SS Waffen

Quake 4: Тайна замков Терры

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Ghost of the War

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Operation Trondheim - Special Forces

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Operation Trondheim 2 - Red Alert

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Operation Trondheim. Part III - Iron Cross

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Pharaoh's Curse

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Project 51

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Resident Evil

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Saboteur

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Stalingrad

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Time Gate

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Проклятие фараонов

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Ставка больше, чем жизнь

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Зов Припяти - Белый отряд

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Зов Припяти - Божья кара

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Зов Припяти - Мёртвая зона

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Зов Припяти - Мёртвый город

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Тень Чернобыля - AMK Mod

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Тень Чернобыля - Авто зона

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Тень Чернобыля - Зона Поражения

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Тень Чернобыля - Зона Поражения 2: Ответный удар

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Тень Чернобыля - Истории Прибоя

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Тень Чернобыля - Новая война

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Тень Чернобыля - Право на жизнь

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Тень Чернобыля - Скрытая аномалия

Serious Sam: The Second Encounter - Mobios: The Last Planet

Serious Sam: The Second Encounter - The Nightmare Tower

Serious Sam: The Second Encounter - Мумия

Sid Meier's Civilization III: Conquests - Rise and Rule

Sid Meier's Civilization III: Fellowship of the Ring - Age of Titans

Sid Meier's Civilization III: Path of Atlantes

Sid Meier's Civilization III: Warhammer

Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Father of History

Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Sovereign

Sims: That's Life 2

Sims 2: Charmed

Sims 2: Friends — Season 1

Sims 2: Harry Potter

Sims 2: Saint Valentine's Day

Sims 2: Sex and the City. Season 1

Sims 2: Styling Factory

Sims 2: Дом 2 - Как построить любовь

Sims 3: New Horizons

Sims 3: Playboy. Жизнь в раю

Sims 3: Кухня. Вкусная игра

Sims 3: Ранетки

Sims 3: Сумерки. Сага. Рассвет. Часть I

Sniper Elite III: Afrika - Save Churchill Part 1: In Shadows

Soldier of Fortune II: Revolution

Soldier of Fortune II: террор

Star Wars: Battlefront II - Clone Wars Armies

Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy - Escape: Yavin 4

Star Wars: Jedi Knight 2 - Jedi Outcast: Communication Force

Star Wars: Jedi Knight II - Lady Jedi

StarCraft: Realistic

Titan Quest: Requital

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: In the Rays of Glory

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Mahdi Army

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Битва за Африку

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Операция "Галичина"

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Операция "Полярная Звезда"

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Спецназ

UFO: Alien Invasion (that standalone open-source Quake II engine game)

Unreal Tournament: Atlantis

Unreal Tournament: Chaos

Unreal Tournament: Final Worlds

Unreal Tournament: Infiltration

Unreal Tournament: Marathon|Rampancy

Unreal Tournament: Neo Cairo

Unreal Tournament: Operation Na Pali

Unreal Tournament: StrikeForce

Unreal Tournament: StrikeForce 1.70

Unreal Tournament 2004: Carball

Unreal Tournament 2004: Damnation - Hell Breaks Loose

Unreal Tournament 2004: Frag.Ops

Unreal Tournament 2004: Red Orchestra

Unreal Tournament 2004: SAS: Into the Lion's Den

Unreal Tournament 2004: The Third Reich

Warcraft 2000: Nuclear Epidemic

Warcraft III: Ancient Instinct

Warcraft III: Awakening of Evil

Warcraft III: Devil's Return

Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne - Cryptrobbers

Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne - Evil Core

Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne - Hidden in Shadow

Warcraft III: Warhazard - Return of Darkness

Warcraft III: За Тёмным порталом

Warcraft III: Камень мира

Those are the bootleg mod releases that I could find on Piper Old Games, a website that examines the cover arts of these bootleg mod releases, sadly they don't provide download links to these bootleg mod releases (which is a good thing if you dislike software piracy), so any chances of these bootleg mod releases getting a release on Legends World with base game assets removed is rather slim.

Christine Chubbuck was a newscaster in Florida.  She committed suicide during a live broadcast in 1974.  The only known copy of the footage known to exist is in the possession of an unnamed law firm who refuses to release the film.

Her last words, again, on live television, ''In keeping with Channel 40’s policy of bringing you the latest in blood and guts and in living colour, you are going to see another first – an attempted suicide."  She then held a .38 behind her ear and pulled the trigger.

Edited by Rare Hatchiama

Also, speaking about Half-Life Source, it's very unlikely that a "Post-Beta" version of the current SteamPipe version of HLS exists in Valve's development archives or developer computers.

So technically speaking, is it possible to combine the quality, aesthetics & minor "maps-only" fixes of these GoldSrc & Source engine projects with the broken quality of the maps included in Half-Life Source. These include but not limited to:

Spoiler

GoldSrc Projects:

- the Sven Coop version of Half-Life's campaign

- the 0.52 alpha of Half-Life

- any beta recreation mods (In Deep, Preliminary, Absolute Zero, etc.)

- older WON & Steam Versions of Half-Life, maybe even the current Steam version

- any single-player mods that contain modified areas from Half-Life's base game campaign

- any official or unofficial multi player maps based on portions of the single player campaign

Source Projects:

- Half-Life Resized Maps for HLS - Available on ModDB & GameBanana

- Half-Life Source Fix Pack - Available on ModDB

- the Source Project Extend Mod - Available on MediaFire

- the 2003 leaked beta of Half-Life Source, and maybe even the older builds of Half-Life Source

If so, then it might make Half-Life Source the second unofficially patchable Source Engine game after Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. By the way Valve's own GitHub pages aren't going to help you with any of Half-Life Source's problems, so unofficial patching is the only viable method for now, unless Valve still has the source code for the Source Engine version of Half-Life 1.

Also, since I've mentioned Microsoft products a few times, a YouTube user uploaded a video showcasing every Startup & Shutdown sound from the lesser known official desktop themes Microsoft released between 2003 to 2007 for Windows XP a while back. So here you go, all the official Microsoft Windows XP desktop themes showcased:

Speaking about DOOM, there is at least two PWAD projects from Hell Revealed creator Yonatan Donner that haven't been found for years.

These are as follows:

Yonatan Donner's Deathmatch Collection (YDDMT.ZIP)

Escape from Hell (YDHLESC.ZIP)

If copies of these PWADs exist somewhere on old floppy disks or CD-R backups, these will remain lost overtime.

On 12/10/2020 at 9:17 PM, Diabolución said:

Since this is a Doom forum, my answer will revolve around PWADs, as usual. In no particular order:

The original and authentic lethe.wad by John W. Anderson.

The original release of betray.wad with its original time stamp.

The original ZIPs of the loose maps of that E1 Contest.

That Subderma map by Christen David Klie.

The entire contents of that hypothetical CD-R owned by Bob Evans.

Since you've mentioned the lost original release of Map 33 Betray from the OG Xbox DOOM II release, I'm also interested in the original compile date for the weird developer test map from Team Fortress 2 called "CP_Cloak"  since nobody knows what it's main purpose for testing from a Valve developer perspective is. This map was accidentally included in the 2013 SteamPipe update for TF2.

By the way CP_Cloak is, in my opinion, just downright abysmal as a TF2 map, but with the rare situation of bots ruining Casual Mode, it would be funny if this map would be added as a "Prison Server" map to the game.

Also, if you count it as cut TF2 content, the maps Asteroid for Robot Destruction & Cactus Canyon for Payload were never completed officially by Valve, but a few fan-made completed versions exist for both maps on the Steam Workshop.

interestingly enough cp_cloak was included with the Source Filmmaker a year or two before the steampipe update added it to TF2 proper. In the SFM side of things its joined by another map named just "Cloak" that's a simple 1 flag CTF map. There's also a dev-textured version of 2fort with the same layout as the TFC version of 2fort strangely.

Speaking about Star Wars, the early cut of A New Hope made before its release in 1977 (two decades before the Special Editions) is apparently lost forever, with the only known evidence of it's existence being black & white footage released on the Star Wars Behind The Magic Multimedia CD-ROM & other Star Wars Video Archive releases.

Same goes with Attack of the Clones where there were two different versions released in theaters one for film reel projectors & one for digital projectors, sadly only the latter ended up getting released on DVD & VHS, while the former never got released officially in any form except in the form of "Theater-Recorded Bootleg" VHS, VCD & DVD releases.

And as for Revenge of the Sith, this was the only film in the prequel trilogy that didn't get a VHS release in North America, but other countries got ROTS on VHS. Not sure why ROTS was never released on VHS, but my theorized guesses are that the audio was too loud for the NTSC VHS headers (at least in the US & Canada) to keep the video up, the special effects caused the video color to be lost in translation from Film to tape, the Macrovision encoding being unable to be utilized or something during the production of the tapes

There is a fan-made recreation VHS that's been circulating the internet for a while, but it isn't even an official release unless you don't mind unofficial fan releases on VHS.

Finally, as for the infamous Star Wars Holiday Special, it's never been released on home video of any kind except bootlegs off-air recordings on VHS, BetaMax, Video 2000, VCD & DVD. You can find the entirety of the Holiday Special on YouTube, but dare I say to you it isn't even good.

As I mentioned that the earlier Special Editions of the Star Wars films are now out of print and are only available on the formats they were released on. Unfortunately, bootleggers on Amazon are starting to make unauthorized bootleg reprints of the discs with Single-layer DVDs, and their also doing unauthorized bootleg reprints of the Ewok television films, so be careful on what Star Wars home video products your buying online.

There was also a lot of gaming content from 2001 that was cut from the final versions of these video games in immediate response to the September 11 Attacks.

A few affected games include, but not limited to:

- Max Payne 1 (PS2 & Xbox versions)

- Grand Theft Auto III

- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002

- Spiderman 2: Enter Electro (the first release was pulled/recalled & replaced with the second release. Fortunately, the first release has been made available online if your interested)

- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 (only to the cover art, not the content of the game, also the expansion pack Yuri's Revenge was postponed due to the change related to the cover art)

- Propeller Arena (a Dreamcast game that was cancelled due to the aftermath of the attacks, but a playable build is available online)

- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

- Shinobi (2002 PS2 game)

- Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

- Metal Wolf Chaos

- Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies

- Chron X

- Twisted Metal: Black

- Mobile Suit Gundan: Journey to Jaburo

- Syphon Filter 3

- Gunblade NY (Wii version)

- SimCity series (removal of plane crash disaster in later installments)

- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear - Black Thorn

- Far Gate (it's release in North America was overshadowed by the attacks)

Reasons for the content of these games being cut were removal of the World Trade Center or similar buildings, editing of sensitive material, changes of the cover art, delayed release dates, halting production of copies of games or the removal of an entire level or mission from the game's campaign.

Lost media is a topic I find deeply fascinating. I'm the kind of person who wants to know everything about anything so it really stokes the fire inside my Sherlock heart. There aren't any in particular that I'm interested in above any others but I did witness some lost media growing up and I didn't even realize it at the time.

To set the scene, it was the early 2000's. I was very young, around 4 or 5 at most. Mindlessly sitting in front of the TV, nobody else in the room, Spongebob Squarepants in front of the wide-eyed little me. Same episode I watched dozens of times before. I don't know how many of you grew up with the show too but for the sake of reference, it was the episode about the hooks. It got to the scene where one of the characters rattles off some motto about never going near the hooks which again, I've seen so many times until this point. One thing changed though; all the characters became puppets for apparently no reason and the scene continued as normal, just with all three characters present being replaced by live action puppets. It lasted for the entirety of the hooks sequence and returned back to normal like nothing ever happened.

I remember being understandably so confused by this and none of my friends or siblings ever believed me when I told them about what I saw. Fast forward to maybe three or four years ago, 15+ years after the whole ordeal happened and I still couldn't find ANYTHING about it online. I hadn't talked about it for years at that point because it sounded like a cheap Creepypasta, which it absolutely does. I legitimately started to believe maybe I just dreamt it up or I was so young that it became a case of somehow embedding a false memory into my psyche, I don't know. But lo and behold, after so many years and countless uncomfortable puppet-centric nightmares later, someone dragged up a screenshot of the scene and finally proved it wasn't just my imagination. The entire thing was some mid-show promotion for a new cartoon at the time. You can now find the full puppet sequence up on Youtube if you search around for it but this has always been such a funny story to me and I believe it was the inception for my interest in lost media as a whole.

There was a short lived gaming hardware Tiger Electronics (yes, the same company that produced a number of LCD games, as well as their other short lived gaming hardware, the R-Zone & Game.com) released back in 2007 called the Net Jet. This was a Windows PC-based hardware controller that took keys inserted into the system and required an internet connection to play these games. Unfortunately, it only lasted for just three years, and ended service in late 2009, making it impossible to play any of the games.

There's also a few software programs released by Bonzi Software released between the mid-1990s to mid-2000s that haven't resurfaced since then, because the installers required the Bonzi Software servers to download the files. As such, the only program that has a few surviving copies is the infamous Spyware/Adware program BonziBuddy, a program that utilizes Microsoft Agent for interactive characters (Yes, that's the same technology used in Windows XP's Search Companion, and the Office Assistant feature in Microsoft Office 2000, XP & 2003). The following Bonzi Software programs that do not have any known surviving copies whatsoever are as follows:

- Voice E-Mail 3.0 & 4.0 (maybe even versions 1.0 & 2.0) - was used to record & compress audio to an Email attachment.

- InternetBOOST 98, InternetBOOST 99, & InternetBOOST 2001 (Maybe even InternetBOOST 2000, InternetBOOST 2002, InternetBOOST 2003, InternetBOOST 2004 & InternetBOOST 2005) - meant to improve your Dial-up & Broadband Internet Connection for users running Windows 95, 98, 98SE, ME, NT 4.0, 2000 & XP.

- Intruder ALERT 98 (aka InternetALERT 98), InternetALERT 99, InternetALERT 2001 (Maybe even InternetALERT 2000, InternetALERT 2002, InternetALERT 2003, InternetALERT 2004 & InternetALERT 2005) - meant to prevent intruders from accessing your computer & internet connection for users running Windows 95, 98, 98SE, ME, NT 4.0, 2000 & XP.

- MaxALERT - Works very similar to both InternetALERT & Bonzi Buddy, focusing on new virus & malware alerts. So far though, only the Microsoft Agent character file has been found. The program itself remains lost.

- BonziBuddy - Older Versions are presumably lost forever. The only versions that survive are 2.0.0 (either 2.0.0.5 or 2.0.0.6 depending on your source), 3.5.0, & 4.1.2 (or 4.1.9 depending on your source). Lost versions include 1.0.0, 3.0.0.2, 3.7.1, 4.0.0.5 & 4.1.12, as these versions required the Bonzi Software servers to download the files.

There might be a few other lost Bonzi Software products, but these are the ones that I have seen on some YouTube videos documenting BonziBuddy. Here's a few videos that documented BonziBuddy:

My Playstation 2 is still waiting for Starcraft Ghost.

The Xbox Leak at least gave me some Satisfaction, even if i only got it to work really buggy.