Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ant1

Doom Accomplishments Thread!

Last month I finally somehow managed to complete Plutonia on UV, all pistol-starts.

*Civvie 11 reference goes here*

Just now, Labryx said:

Last month I finally somehow managed to complete Plutonia on UV, all pistol-starts.

Congrats man!!!

(I also just got done rewatching his pro Plutonia video LMAO)

This is a good idea, it would be cool if we start posting what could be achievements, and then print screen the moment, or record the playthrough where one achieve it.

This will give a lot of replayability to the different wads out there.
I remember playing a sega genesis emulator that adds achievement to different game and a lot of people liking it for the new challenge.

1 minute ago, P41R47 said:

This is a good idea, it would be cool if we start posting what could be achievements, and then print screen the moment, or record the playthrough where one achieve it.

This will give a lot of replayability to the different wads out there.
I remember playing a sega genesis emulator that adds achievement to different game and a lot of people liking it for the new challenge.

That's why I started this!

One achievement could be...Complete E1M8 on Tyson run.
For example.
Oh, a sourceport that show achievement notification coming on 5...4...3...

Someone here finished the game on UV Fast. 

Spoiler

But he Can't play on Nightmare...

In all seriousness, unclogging the warped history that is ZDoomGL is something i feel personally proud of.

LMAO beating the game on UV was a little tricky for me, I'm not ready for UV fast

5 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

One achievement could be...Complete E1M8 on Tyson run.

It's sincerely not that hard... not to mention there are a lot of barrels for you to chip away Barons' health, and you can shoot it with the pistol, not even need to punch it.

1 minute ago, GarrettChan said:

It's sincerely not that hard...

What is it?

Did the first two Doom 2 GBA Hack not by Kippykip (Creator of the hacking tools), created Cacosweeper, and currently porting Episode 4 to 32x.

3 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

It's sincerely not that hard... not to mention there are a lot of barrels for you to chip away Barons' health, and you can shoot it with the pistol, not even need to punch it.

Yeah, that why i thought about it, its not hard to achieve, but still a challenge.
Punching the barrels is the fun of it :P

1 minute ago, P41R47 said:

Yeah, that why i thought about it, its not hard to achieve, but still a challenge.
Punching the barrels is the fun of it :P

What's the Tyson Challenge?

Shit! My internet is going nuts, that why it doubleposted.

Tyson-style or Tyson-run is completing the map only with the punch, @Ant1.
Sometimes with the Berserk pack, sometimes not.

7 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

Shit! My internet is going nuts, that why it doubleposted.

Tyson-style or Tyson-run is completing the map only with the punch, @Ant1.
Sometimes with the Berserk pack, sometimes not.

... I wanna try!

9 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

Tyson-style or Tyson-run is completing the map only with the punch

This is wrong. UV Tyson means you can only use weapon 1 or 2 and exit the map with all monsters dead.

4 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

This is wrong. UV Tyson means you can only use weapon 1 or 2 and exit the map with all monsters dead.

Oh, i didn't know it can use the pistol.

But...
Well, i'm not remember Tyson using a gun. Chewing ears, maybe :P

I always played it by punching the hell out of everything in front of me.

I have my own speedrun record... as of today. (Someone way better than me will probably improve it by like 20s lol.) It is for Sunlust MAP31 on NM100s; the time is 57s. The first time I played that wad was on HMP and continuous, but a few months ago I started pistol starting certain maps on UV every once in a while. I used saves, of course, cuz Sunlust is a bit hardcore on UV.

So far I have done 1-5, 31-32, and 28-29. 1-3 were done without saves.

2 hours ago, P41R47 said:

But...

Most likely, the pistol was allowed for otherwise inaccessible shootable switches necessary to complete the level. I might be wrong though.

29 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

But...

Many maps have monsters in locations that cannot be meleed, and due to how melee distance is calculated in vanilla, it's almost impossible to hit certain enemies... and may have been assumed to be practically impossible when the run rules were defined.

2 hours ago, Mitchfork said:

Many maps have monsters in locations that cannot be meleed, and due to how melee distance is calculated in vanilla, it's almost impossible to hit certain enemies... and may have been assumed to be practically impossible when the run rules were defined.

Lol, why didn't I think of this, cuz it's a much more obvious conclusion than "shootable switches".

I used to only play on ITYTD, but recently played all of Deathless on HMP. I'm proud for myself. the only other game I ever played on another difficulty than easy up to that point was Spider-Man PS4, and since then, every game I play is on medium. I played through Knee Deep in The Dead on medium, too. one day, I hope I can play on UV, but I probably can. For a trophy on Duke Nukem: World Tour, I had to play on the hardest difficulty for a level, and I only died twice (previously playing on the easiest, so that was a big step). 

UV-maxing Scythe 2's Afterlife II and Speed of Doom's Pyramid of Death are probably the biggest for me so far, since those two levels in particular felt especially insurmountable when I first played them, even on HMP.

11 minutes ago, Starduster said:

Most likely, the pistol was allowed for otherwise inaccessible shootable switches necessary to complete the level. I might be wrong though.

10 minutes ago, Mitchfork said:

Yeah, that what i thought after the clarification the good GarrettChan gave me.
But for the same reason is that i choose E1M8 as a possible challenge on an achievement list.
Its a map that got almost no enemies on the distance nor shootable switches.

2 hours ago, Labryx said:

Fucking raw!

Anyway, uhh... does getting to E3M3 on Ultra-Violence on SNES Doom at age 10 count? I never did beat it at that age/time, but getting even that far on the port with how curtailed it was was a challenge in and of itself. :)

(Shame as I think there was only four more maps, five if you count the secret, so I was pretty close!)

5 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

Max kill E2M9 without shooting at all.

That sounds really annoying to pull off. Guessing the last Baron and Caco have to kill each other at the same time?