Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ant1

Doom Accomplishments Thread!

11 hours ago, Labryx said:

That sounds really annoying to pull off. Guessing the last Baron and Caco have to kill each other at the same time?

or lure it to a barrel...there was a few barrels on the marble area, right?

EDIT: shit, my memory is failing, bad sign of getting old. Thanks, Labryx for checking!

Well, changing it to "max kill E2M9 by just shooting one monster" seems rather easy.

So let make it challenging, "max kill E2M9 killing the last monster with the chainsaw".

Edited by P41R47

On a similar note to OP, I'm a few hours detached from my first playthrough of Doom 2, even if it was on HMP, and before that Doom 1 too*, which I only ever played midway through E2 before, if I recall correctly. Figured it was a good enough milestone to celebrate with a Doomworld account, especially since I read up on other folks' experience on the megawad club thread after each map.

*I'm pretending that E4 doesn't exist for now.

52 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

or lure it to a barrel...there was a few barrels on the marble area, right?

Looking at the wiki there doesn't seem to be explosive barrels anywhere in the map. May have to boot the game up to double check.

Edit: Yup, no explosive barrels to be found.

Edited by Labryx

Also this isn't the place but this is my thread so I make the rules - what should I do next now that I've beaten Doom I on UV (Episodes 1-3)?

1 minute ago, Ant1 said:

Also this isn't the place but this is my thread so I make the rules - what should I do next now that I've beaten Doom I on UV (Episodes 1-3)?

Episode 4 on UV of course! Good luck if you do give that a shot though, the first 2 maps are pretty infamous for their difficulty. Probably the roughest start out of all the episodes.

1 minute ago, Ant1 said:

Seems logical enough to play Episode 4 from there. Or Doom 2.

1 minute ago, Pseudonaut said:

Seems logical enough to play Episode 4 from there. Or Doom 2.

I've been working through Doom 2. So I should just keep going?

Just now, Ant1 said:

I've been working through Doom 2. So I should just keep going?

I don't see why not. There's no strict order in which things must be played.

I've UV Maxed the following megawads:

Demonfear

Countdown to Extinction

Doom Jr

Dimensions of Time

Perdition's Gate

The Rebirth

Speezdec

Zone 300

All single segment, 100% kills and secrets, no deaths.

And I plan to make this list longer.

I like to punch Cyberdemons on the butt. Then i run around a corner and laugh about it launching torpedos to nobody.
@Maes is my mentor!

10 minutes ago, Revved said:

I've UV Maxed the following megawads:

Demonfear

Countdown to Extinction

Doom Jr

Dimensions of Time

Perdition's Gate

The Rebirth

Speezdec

Zone 300

All single segment, 100% kills and secrets, no deaths.

And I plan to make this list longer.

Holy shit! Demos?

1 minute ago, Ant1 said:

Holy shit! Demos?

They're all available on my page at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive.

You can also watch them on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive YouTube channel if you know how to search for them.

Just now, Revved said:

They're all available on my page at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive.

You can also watch them on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive YouTube channel if you know how to search for them.

Thank you!

Spoiler

image.png.afe5f01910ceab7e150fa92b0924f0c4.png

I somehow managed to get 6,100% of kills in the icon of sin level (playing in the Doom 3: BFG Edition port)

My personal and favorite accomplishment was beating Pizza Steve from pistol start. The unbalanced nature of the PWAD, combined with an extremely ammo/health management and monster infighting usage to me was the most frustrating yet fun times I've had with Doom in recent years. Too bad I didn't record any footage of it.

when I was 14 I downloaded Codeblocks and learned to code for the sole purpose of replacing all the pickup text in Crispy-Doom with swear words, I still have it saved somewhere.

Not very recent, but making some decent demos and seeing them up on DSDA did give me a huge sense of accomplishment, not gonna lie, even if I didn't break any records, which was not my goal anyway.

The only achievements I can really say I've had in DooM games is:

1 - I finished E3M1 on Nightmare! difficulty, this being the only map I've done NM so far (and probably will only ever be the 1 map I'll do >_>).

2 - With a lot of save scumming, I finished GO2IT with brutal DooM on Realistic Difficulty.

3 - I finished Plutonia.

4 - I somehow got the "Not A Scratch" achievement for DooM 3 BFG Edition... still no idea how. ._.

8 hours ago, BBQgiraffe said:

when I was 14 I downloaded Codeblocks and learned to code for the sole purpose of replacing all the pickup text in Crispy-Doom with swear words, I still have it saved somewhere.

Can you send this to me for... research purposes?

I have beaten the first 3 episodes of Doom in Nightmare without saves. (FUCK E2M6)

I have completed several Hell Revealed maps pacifist style, as well as the majority of Heretic levels.

20 hours ago, Rujasu said:

On a similar note to OP, I'm a few hours detached from my first playthrough of Doom 2, even if it was on HMP, and before that Doom 1 too*, which I only ever played midway through E2 before, if I recall correctly. Figured it was a good enough milestone to celebrate with a Doomworld account, especially since I read up on other folks' experience on the megawad club thread after each map.

*I'm pretending that E4 doesn't exist for now.

Huge congrats! Next step is UV ;). It isn't all that bad, I promise. I speak from having just done it.